Old 03-30-2020, 10:05 PM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 330
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,482 Times in 1,597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
I'd suggest researching before traveling to any course.

But that's no guarantee, either, since things are closing so quickly around here.
I don't think it's a good idea to be travelling now, period. I suppose if your job requires it (e.g trucker), then OK. I can see you working a round in while you're in the area ...assuming you can find an open course.

But anyone who's taking a DG roadie now is nuts on a few different levels.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 03-30-2020, 10:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.9
Courses Played: 127
Niced 4,213 Times in 1,739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisyphus View Post
Douglas Adams said we're only the third most intelligent.
That crossed my mind, but I figured nobody would get the reference.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-30-2020, 10:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
I don't think it's a good idea to be travelling now, period. I suppose if your job requires it (e.g trucker), then OK. I can see you working a round in while you're in the area ...assuming you can find an open course.

But anyone who's taking a DG roadie now is nuts on a few different levels.
I was thinking in terms of any travel; i.e., 20 miles out of town. Worth checking to see that there's an open course before you do.

I don't know that short daytrips are impeachable. Yes, they incur more gasoline stops over time, and a tiny risk of an accident and the resulting engagement of medical resources. But I feel that's pretty tame.

Old 03-31-2020, 01:49 AM

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 21
Niced 7 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to mlstivender
Default Seriously...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscGolfCraig View Post
I wouldnt consider a course 15 minutes from Augusta/ North Augusta the middle of nowhere. Now, if he drove to Bamberg.
I was stationed in Columbia, SC... not Augusta, GA... so I made the drive from Columbia not across the rail road track in Augusta. If you see the courses Ive played just within the state of South Carolina in the past week should tell you I dont just hang within city limits. Im all over the country which now Im in Asheville, NC today!

Old 03-31-2020, 02:20 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 31
Niced 422 Times in 159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlstivender View Post
I was stationed in Columbia, SC... not Augusta, GA... so I made the drive from Columbia not across the rail road track in Augusta. If you see the courses Ive played just within the state of South Carolina in the past week should tell you I dont just hang within city limits. Im all over the country which now Im in Asheville, NC today!
I think it's fairly safe to assume that most courses are closed at this point. The people who provide info on this site do it voluntarily so there's no guarantee that everything is up to date.

Old 03-31-2020, 04:07 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 343
Niced 379 Times in 155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlstivender View Post
I was stationed in Columbia, SC... not Augusta, GA... so I made the drive from Columbia not across the rail road track in Augusta. If you see the courses I’ve played just within the state of South Carolina in the past week should tell you I don’t just hang within city limits. I’m all over the country which now I’m in Asheville, NC today!
North Carolina is in a state wide stay-at home order. We would prefer if you obey the order when in our state.

Old 03-31-2020, 08:11 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 26
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 90 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusch_bag View Post
I will admit I have been throwing. I have been playing solo every round at least though. Today my home course got pulled, while Milwaukee and Madison courses are already closed. Wisconsin is taking this **** seriously and I get it, but it is frustrating that people couldn't handle solo rounds.
If you dont mind me asking, which course are you talking about? Were trying to keep a running list of closed courses in our MKE area DG group FB page for peoples reference.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:02 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 561
Niced 190 Times in 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
The State of South Carolina just closed all boat ramps due to "observed behavior".

You'd think going out on a boat on a lake would be pretty good social distancing, huh? Like disc golf?

Then you realize that, of course, there are covidiots everywhere.
Doesn't make sense at all. I have a few buddies that are fishing every day now loving this time off work. Perfect social distincing activity. At this point, the government is going to see how hard they can flex and cuck all their citizens. The virus was here long before it was reported. You may have already had it and recovered. Did you test negative for strep and flu? Probably had COVID-19 since there was no test for that. The over-reaction is getting annoying.

Old 03-31-2020, 10:09 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 561
Niced 190 Times in 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenbot View Post
I think it's fairly safe to assume that most courses are closed at this point. The people who provide info on this site do it voluntarily so there's no guarantee that everything is up to date.
What's wild is the local state park is not closed, and the disc golf course and trails have been jammed packed every since we have been encouraged to stay at home and social distance. No where to park. Families building campfires in hole 3's fairway. Very eye opening seeing all this activity. At this point if you are healthy and staying at home quarantining, you are wasting your time.

Old 03-31-2020, 10:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcAtee View Post
Doesn't make sense at all. I have a few buddies that are fishing every day now loving this time off work. Perfect social distincing activity. At this point, the government is going to see how hard they can flex and cuck all their citizens. The virus was here long before it was reported. You may have already had it and recovered. Did you test negative for strep and flu? Probably had COVID-19 since there was no test for that. The over-reaction is getting annoying.
It should be a perfect social distancing activity. But people manage to make it not---gathering together at the boat ramps and access points, jamming boats full of friends, tying together flotillas of boats out in the lake for a party.....

I have a friend who wanted to go kayaking, an even more perfect activity (one person per vessel), and the access points are closed.

The under-reaction is getting annoying.