Old 03-05-2020, 10:50 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24
Courses Played: 250
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 31 Times in 22 Posts

Drove to Salt Lake City last week to ski Alta/Snowbird, but snuck in three rounds at Creekside too. Does that count as a golf trip?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2020, 04:23 AM

Courses Played: 2
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have no tournaments planned for this season, but I think I'm going to drive down to the Ledgestone this year...
Old 03-07-2020, 01:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 170
Niced 233 Times in 124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countchunkula View Post
I'm flying into Memphis tomorrow on a work trip and am flying home Friday night. I'll be busy during the workday, but hopefully will get done early enough to squeeze in a round at least one of the days.

The original plan had me staying until Saturday evening; which would have allowed for me to get a few courses in. Unfortunately it took a while to get the approval to book. By then the flights had skyrocketed and I had to leave a night early to come in within budget.

I was planning on playing Bud Hill or possibly even heading over to Jonesboro Saturday morning, but now that's out the window. There's a decent looking 18 not too far from where I'm staying that I'm hoping to hit up. Bringing extra socks and maybe shoes too. I hear it's been wet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap Tan View Post
I'm not too far from Memphis and this has been one of the wettest winters ever. Most of the weather we get, Memphis gets too. However, Friday and Saturday show to be sunny so hopefully it will allow for a round or two. But either way, the ground will be soaked.
I ended up playing the course in Southaven, MS. It wasn't actually that wet. It seemed like the wet weather must have been mostly south of there. It was a mostly fun, park course with good distance variety. There were definitely some muddy areas, but overall not bad for February.

I tried to play the MAM Army Depot course in Memphis before my flight out, but couldn't figure out how to get into the place. I could see baskets on the other side of a chain link fence, but couldn't find the entrance. The timing was dicey to begin with so I decided to grab lunch and a beer instead.

I really was hoping to hit some of the better courses in the area, but ultimately I was glad to squeeze in a round regardless of the course.
Old 03-10-2020, 08:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 343
Niced 380 Times in 155 Posts

Just finished up a 10-course, 4-state, 725-mile, 37-hour round trip mini getaway. 153 total holes while playing 9 new courses plus one of my favorites, Timmons. The featured course of the trip was Hobbs Farm, plus several other excellent courses including Lake Russell, and Shaver Championship. You can make good time on a trip when you leave home at 3:45 on a Saturday morning.

Niced: (2)
Old 03-30-2020, 09:13 PM
* Ace No More *

Courses Played: 330
Niced 3,492 Times in 1,600 Posts

I'd been planning a long weekend to bag several of the top courses in Indiana, Easter weekend. That ain't happening. The Covids gonna cut in to course bagging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
Every year, my son and pick a Tiger road game to see a different ball park, and we always hit a few courses. This year it's Fenway, with Maple Hill, Pyramids, and 501 on tap...maybe some others.

This will be our 7th ballpark/DG roadie. Seen some great ball parks, and a lot of fun courses.

That Boston trip is supposed to be Labor Day weekend. Who knows what Covid will end up doing to the baseball season?

Hell, I just hope we're looking at it in the rearview mirror by then.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-31-2020, 06:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.9
Courses Played: 127
Niced 4,213 Times in 1,739 Posts

Perhaps this thread will be retitled Where do you wish you could be going in 2020.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:26 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 50.4
Courses Played: 52
Niced 673 Times in 289 Posts

As soon as the snow is gone I'm heading back to Highbridge Hills for the season. With plenty of room for social distancing I think it's probably the safest place for me to be until the curve flattens out.

Niced: (3)

Old 05-19-2020, 09:33 PM
* Ace No More *

Courses Played: 330
Niced 3,492 Times in 1,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
Every year, my son and pick a Tiger road game to see a different ball park, and we always hit a few courses. This year it's Fenway, with Maple Hill, Pyramids, and 501 on tap...maybe some others.

This will be our 7th ballpark/DG roadie. Seen some great ball parks, and a lot of fun courses.
I can't imagine this happening now.