Old 03-30-2020, 02:07 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 99 Times in 80 Posts

Made some progress today. Finally got the feeling of being braced up on the instep back again on the rear leg anyways. Thought about the smash factor with aimee video and replicated that feeling “into the thigh”.

The timing is better but I still need to get into that braced feeling sooner on the down swing. I think I’m swaying a bit too much still - that could be why I can get there sooner? My striding today left problem isn’t helping things. Shifting more sudden could help this too, but I want to do it controlled.

I made a quick comparison on a free app called hudl.
With the pre Christmas breakthrough - it’s the closest I’ve felt to a full control swing.

I also don’t think I’m swinging with lats, or my shoulder is swinging in the wrong fashion. Ahhh so many things to fix

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2020, 02:23 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 221
Niced 3,410 Times in 2,079 Posts

Shift back and forth a few times and go directly into swing without breaking momentum. Try starting in a really wide stance and striding into narrower stance.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...d.php?t=135848

Niced: (1)
Old 03-30-2020, 10:16 AM

Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parbequeue View Post
Made some progress today. Finally got the feeling of being braced up on the instep back again on the rear leg anyways. Thought about the smash factor with aimee video and replicated that feeling “into the thigh”.

The timing is better but I still need to get into that braced feeling sooner on the down swing. I think I’m swaying a bit too much still - that could be why I can get there sooner? My striding today left problem isn’t helping things. Shifting more sudden could help this too, but I want to do it controlled.

I made a quick comparison on a free app called hudl.
With the pre Christmas breakthrough - it’s the closest I’ve felt to a full control swing.

I also don’t think I’m swinging with lats, or my shoulder is swinging in the wrong fashion. Ahhh so many things to fix

hi,

i think the last step is too small and too fast. make it a couple of inches wider and lean a bit more forward.
i hope i m not annoying recommending the loop ghost stuff, but this it what helped me a lot to learn how to "feel the brace". grab something heavy and swing that around or throw it, after you watched it... you feel it immediatly!

and try to stop dragging you back foot! lift it up, even stand still! watch loop ghosts back foot in the video! its important to do that!

Last edited by Scraping Micha; 03-30-2020 at 10:19 AM.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:43 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraping Micha View Post
hi,

i think the last step is too small and too fast. make it a couple of inches wider and lean a bit more forward.
i hope i m not annoying recommending the loop ghost stuff, but this it what helped me a lot to learn how to "feel the brace". grab something heavy and swing that around or throw it, after you watched it... you feel it immediatly!

and try to stop dragging you back foot! lift it up, even stand still! watch loop ghosts back foot in the video! its important to do that!

SW, could you explain the Intention with that HUB video? What I get it from it is that we should be shifting weight diagonally between the feet instead of straight 90 to target.

Going to use the battering ram drill next time I’m at the field see what happens!!

Old 03-31-2020, 04:43 PM
Birdie Member

I’m just watching some of the disc golf Finland stuff again., I think I’m just in too deep focusing on particular things instead of the movement as a whole. Like you keep on saying SW ; feel!

Although to an extent if you *think* you’re feeling the right thing and it’s wrong, then you have to learn what the proper feel is.

Old 03-31-2020, 07:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I’m just watching some of the disc golf Finland stuff again., I think I’m just in too deep focusing on particular things instead of the movement as a whole. Like you keep on saying SW ; feel!

Although to an extent if you *think* you’re feeling the right thing and it’s wrong, then you have to learn what the proper feel is.
There's a time to think and time to feel but not together.

Niced: (2)
Old 03-31-2020, 09:07 PM

Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
It felt always right for me... and it it was oh so wrong...!
i now think the trick is, when trying to change form, it has to be arkward for quite a long time until it feels arkward to try to throw the old style. and a couple of hundred discs later i start not to think about it and it gets more fluid.

Old 04-02-2020, 08:27 PM
Birdie Member

I’m coming to the realization that over time working on my form, I may of forgotten to actually throw the disc. I think from fear of strong arming. When I go to “throw” the disc getting in the right position seems easier.

Still too cold here but will find out soon ��
Old 04-02-2020, 10:32 PM
* Ace Member *

You aren't strong arming, quite the opposite...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
I think it's a death move turning your arm/disc upside down in the backswing, this causes too much slack and everything to collapse in your arm/s, and your rear arm is mirroring your front arm collapsing/failing behind your back like wet noodle. You want both of your palms/forearms to be facing your body/chest or even upward and supinating/externally rotating humerus in the backswing which "locks/loads" the shoulder/humerus from collapsing in transition.

Note how my rear hand is in my center at the heel plant and almost looks like I'm grabbing the disc with both hands and about to rip a phone book apart.

Old 04-03-2020, 07:16 PM
Birdie Member

So yeah. Turns out throwing the disc is helpful ��

Threw a pro destroyer (yes it’s cheating I know) 456 several times and almost matched with with a FD and a Stag at the end of the session. Happy! Yes. Repeatable? Not yet.

So actually using my arm again made me realize I wasn’t shifting from behind properly. I thought how can I use my arm at all if not already shifted up from behind, so that was a biggie. The annoying thing is that I couldn’t really do it one step. (Shifting from behind) something about the momentum of x step made it easier but meant other components were whack.

I think now I know this info, I can work on getting into that shifted position better, and using my arm in a more efficient manner, like how I swing and when to accelerate.

Phone died due to cold before I really got things figured out but here’s some clips from 3/4 way through working it out.

Waiting to use the arm in the correct way/waiting to leverage the disc. That’s the hard part. ..I think