Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > Disc Golf Courses

Old 03-03-2020, 12:42 PM

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 168
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post
Default How many courses ARE NOT on DGCourseReview? How many extinct courses still listed?

Since Udisc has been in favor for many DGers lately, especially new ones, it seems DGCR is missing some newer courses and has some listed that no longer exist. I'm a longtime DGCR user and find the resources far easier to use and access than Udisc, especially at home and planning trips. It's disappointing, to say the least, to travel out to play courses that no longer exist, or to find out you missed one that wasn't listed. Last year, travel took me to 3 courses that had been pulled but still listed (one of which was recently removed from DGCR). I also drove past, without realizing of course, 2 others that were newer courses, but not new enough to have not been listed. Since these courses are hundreds of miles away, I don't feel it's my place to be adding courses even though I'd be happy to go to the effort, but should I? As for those pulled - I'm not in the know enough to know the situation, whether it's a permanent thing or not.

I'd hate to see DGCR be lost as a resource in the future - please update any info on courses that need so - thanks.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 03-03-2020, 12:50 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 31
Niced 426 Times in 161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubsAndDiscs View Post
but should I?

YES! The whole site is based on users submitting and ensuring the accuracy of info.

Old 03-03-2020, 01:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37
Courses Played: 248
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,864 Times in 1,014 Posts

Thank you for updating all those courses you found pulled.
Old 03-03-2020, 01:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25
Courses Played: 127
Niced 4,229 Times in 1,742 Posts

DGCR & UDisc are pretty synchronized, around here. I can find one private course on Udisc, not on DGCR, and I don't know that story. Our pulled courses are marked on DGCR.
Old 03-03-2020, 01:56 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17
Courses Played: 176
Niced 182 Times in 89 Posts

If you get to a course and it appears pulled, or can't be played in its current condition, at the least change the course condition to UNPLAYABLE. You may not know the current or future plans for it, but you can give course baggers a heads up to not make a visit.

Adding new courses is a rarity (there is an Achievement for those), especially if you didn't install the course. It takes some time, but please do if you have enough information available.

Old 03-03-2020, 02:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 334
Niced 420 Times in 205 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmay5 View Post
If you get to a course and it appears pulled, or can't be played in its current condition, at the least change the course condition to UNPLAYABLE. You may not know the current or future plans for it, but you can give course baggers a heads up to not make a visit.
QFT

the course conditions update is a great, underutilized resource and this is what i do when i'm not sure about the status of a course. i'm super hesitant to go the route of "RIP'ing" a course and i often leave RIP'ed courses in my wish list. if i'm close by enough and the course looks good enough, i'll still go out and see what is there.

also, if it is a private course then i assume it is still there but the owner no longer wants it listed.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-03-2020, 03:16 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 561
Niced 190 Times in 91 Posts

Udisc is helping my course discoverer numbers on dgcoursereview lately.

Old 03-03-2020, 04:21 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.9
Courses Played: 62
Niced 462 Times in 244 Posts

I've wondered about this as well. I played a newly installed course last summer that's not listed here. It's about a two hour drive for me so I wasn't sure if I should add it. Also being fairly new here, I wasn't sure if it was my place to add anything.

It's close to one of my favorite courses here in Colorado, so I'll definitely be hitting it again this summer.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-03-2020, 07:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37
Courses Played: 248
Niced 2,864 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanA View Post
I've wondered about this as well. I played a newly installed course last summer that's not listed here. It's about a two hour drive for me so I wasn't sure if I should add it. Also being fairly new here, I wasn't sure if it was my place to add anything.

It's close to one of my favorite courses here in Colorado, so I'll definitely be hitting it again this summer.
This site is for you and by you. You are a part of this community. Please feel free to contribute in every way to can to make it a better place.

Old 03-03-2020, 07:57 PM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 330
Niced 3,527 Times in 1,617 Posts

Bottom line:
DGCR depends on it's members for the accuracy of course listings, as well as all info, distances, maps, and course pics. That means YOU!

Itys up to every one of us to list courses and update course info. Any of us can do it, but IMHO it's usually best done be locals,because it's simply easier to obtain, verify an update everything about a course when you go there frequently.

Nonetheless, if you have reliable info about a course not in your vicinity (hopefully because you just played it)... by all means, update the site.

If you're reading this, I'm talkin' to YOU.
It ain't rocket surgery. DGCR has always been (and will continue to be) as good/bad, accurate/misleading... as we make it

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 03-03-2020 at 08:00 PM.