Old 04-01-2015, 10:35 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 116
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is one playing across the creek now? Did they fix the gross baskets on two and three? Is 8 a par 4!? (please please please) 11 seems interesting, given the terrain. I have never walked over where 14 plays. I am excited for this update, hopefully it plays well, but mostly no more ankle breaker teepads!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2015, 02:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 36
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texhop58 View Post
I don't understand why the saddle hills course got "rip". It has one hole redesign and two holes added. To me that's what the redesign date is for. I understand create a new course if the majority of the course is over hauled.

Probably wasn't necessary but probably good to start clean and let people know that things are different now. I see people all the time playing everything in the wrong order.

5 is a new hole
6's teepad is a different place than before
9's teepad was moved back a bit
10's teepad moved back a bit
11 is a new hole
12 now plays from on top of the hill
14 is a new hole
16's teepad was moved slightly
19's teepad will actually now be a part of the sidewalk
Old 04-01-2015, 02:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikikazz View Post
Is one playing across the creek now? Did they fix the gross baskets on two and three? Is 8 a par 4!? (please please please) 11 seems interesting, given the terrain. I have never walked over where 14 plays. I am excited for this update, hopefully it plays well, but mostly no more ankle breaker teepads!
One has played across the creek in the past actually.

The poop basket doesn't have poop in it anymore

8 will still be considered a 3 probably but you can call it whatever you want outside of a tourney.

The new 14 is interesting, it's all about placement because you are throwing straight up a steep hill and then an upshot to an elevated basket. You will just have to see it!
Old 04-07-2015, 05:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Old 04-09-2015, 01:21 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 76
Niced 30 Times in 16 Posts

We got the concrete tee pads put in at Southwestern in Keene today. They should be set by this weekend. Should have all the signage in this week.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 76
Niced 30 Times in 16 Posts

The grand opening for our course in Keene went very well. This was our first proper tournament we've ever done, before we've just had minis and ace race type events. We had just shy of 50 players, good turnout in most of the divisions. This is going to turn into an annual event, on the SWAU's Alumni Weekend. We may have it sanctioned next year.
But everything went smooth, no incidents, the weather stayed good for us. Some of the university big wigs showed up and were surprised by the turnout, so that's good for us. We had a number of the Crowley and Funkytown guys down. it was nice to show off the course to other DFDub peeps.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37
Courses Played: 119
Niced 5 Times in 4 Posts

I'm arriving DFW 9:30am Wednesday (next week), grabbing a rental, headed to Selah. Traffic/route wise, I've talked myself into the 161 (Bush) north to the 635 (LBJ) around to I-30. With shuttle and rental pickup, it will be at least 10am before leaving the airport.

Is there any reason I should go 183/35E through downtown Dallas instead? I've ridden that way with a local friend before, and it seems like a death wish.

Or should I just look at google traffic when I leave the rental plaza and decide from there?

Also saw I could go up to McKinney and over to Greenville, but didn't see that as a good option.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:15 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 131
Niced 177 Times in 81 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grodney View Post
I'm arriving DFW 9:30am Wednesday (next week), grabbing a rental, headed to Selah. Traffic/route wise, I've talked myself into the 161 (Bush) north to the 635 (LBJ) around to I-30. With shuttle and rental pickup, it will be at least 10am before leaving the airport.

Is there any reason I should go 183/35E through downtown Dallas instead? I've ridden that way with a local friend before, and it seems like a death wish.

Or should I just look at google traffic when I leave the rental plaza and decide from there?

Also saw I could go up to McKinney and over to Greenville, but didn't see that as a good option.
Stay off LBJ if you can, that whole north section is under construction. Even a 'green' on the traffic maps means its moving at 30mph with slow-downs.

Depending on the rental car toll policy (if they cover them for you) you can take the Bush all the way to I30 and it's 70+MPH the whole way, otherwise it may be $10 in tolls to go that far.

183 to I30 through downtown shouldn't be too bad actually, especially that time of day. That may be your best bet even if the rental company covers tolls.

And if you arrive at 9:30, it may be closer to 10:30 or 11 by the time you get on your way. There's a Whataburger off 183 and Story Rd to try a Texas original joint for lunch, don't forget to ask for spicy kethup.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37
Courses Played: 119
Niced 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherBill View Post
Stay off LBJ if you can, that whole north section is under construction. Even a 'green' on the traffic maps means its moving at 30mph with slow-downs.

Depending on the rental car toll policy (if they cover them for you) you can take the Bush all the way to I30 and it's 70+MPH the whole way, otherwise it may be $10 in tolls to go that far.

183 to I30 through downtown shouldn't be too bad actually, especially that time of day. That may be your best bet even if the rental company covers tolls.

And if you arrive at 9:30, it may be closer to 10:30 or 11 by the time you get on your way. There's a Whataburger off 183 and Story Rd to try a Texas original joint for lunch, don't forget to ask for spicy kethup.
Ugh, thanks for the info on the 635. Guess I'll do the deathwish through downtown. Maybe it was my friend going 70-80mph the whole way that made it seem a little hectic. Ha ha.

I've already scoped out some Taco Cabana locations, but Whataburger is a quality suggestion as well!

Thanks!

Old 04-13-2015, 12:42 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 75
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

agreed stay off 635. its a mess