Old 01-07-2014, 04:02 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default MVP Factory Misprint Boxes

I noticed on the MVP site they have a link for info on buying their Factory misprints. I also saw the old thread here where they were promoted and a couple people purchased. I think one person even posted a pic of their haul. I'm assuming since the link is still up, they are available from time to time.

Just wondering, has anyone ordered one of these recently...say, within the past 3-4 months? Just wondering what your experience was, and what ranges of discs/weights you received.

Considering picking one up for some random practice throwers, but wanted to hear from others first.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2014, 06:30 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,087 Times in 730 Posts

these been *86 for a long, long time now.

Id order some in a minute but always says not available. Ive owned a few and they all were pretty flawless IMO. Not sure what makes the 2nds but have 2 soft N ions from DD that have bubbles etc and never saw this in the f2's from MVP.

retail is not horrible either if you have someone to throw down and like a certain mold.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:25 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
these been *86 for a long, long time now.

Id order some in a minute but always says not available. Ive owned a few and they all were pretty flawless IMO. Not sure what makes the 2nds but have 2 soft N ions from DD that have bubbles etc and never saw this in the f2's from MVP.

retail is not horrible either if you have someone to throw down and like a certain mold.
Good to know. Yeah, very good discount for ordering 32 or more. Might see if some friends want to go in on an order in the spring. Was just intrigued by what *could be* in a F2 box nowadays.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:27 PM
FROLF OFF!

well to be all out fanboy on it.. MVP doesn't mold/stamp up bad discs anymore.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:28 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Well played.... very well played ;-)
Old 01-07-2014, 08:32 PM
FROLF OFF!

only explanation for lack of misprints/seconds. Id love to get my hands on a proto DD they have floating around the shop though...... u know theres gotta be a few'
Old 01-07-2014, 08:38 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

The lack of misprints and seconds is what had me wondering if there was going to be a recycled line with all the recent speculation. I'm sure they have misprints, but you have to wonder what they do with them now. Or, perhaps, they have a different stamping process that results in less misprints, who knows.

But, yeah, I agree. There's gotta be some DD's floating around MVP HQ, as well as a number of other prototype molds that never made it to mass production. That's gotta be fun to throw prototypes or be on the test team and just get to figure out a disc before anyone else can. (Now, where's the emoticon for envy on here?....) Loved reading all the reviews and info on the Servo not too long ago, but by the time mine arrived, all I could say was "yup, y'all were right!" lol

Nevertheless, I continue to enjoy what this company makes, and how they go about their releases. It's fun!

Old 01-07-2014, 10:45 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

I emailed them about their misprint deals about 2 months ago, and got an email not long after. They only assured me that I would have at least one mid, one putter, and one driver. Had I had the money I would have done it then, so they still do misprint boxes occasionally