Old 10-16-2018, 09:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 18
Niced 499 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
The Relay overlaps a fresh Champion Leopard. They don't fly exactly the same, but it's a good baseline for someone used to throwing Innova.
I'd say a Champ Leopard is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY more Stable than a Relay. Like, WAY more. I guess it depends - but I have 2 172, 174g Relays and they flip up and over and swoop out a gooood amount. Champ leopards are almost stable when new. I can see it overlapping a DX leo. but that's it. But in your defense I haven't used a champ leo in a while - but if memory serves me right its more like 6/5/-2/1 and the relay is like 6/5/-3/1
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 10-16-2018, 10:00 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 5
Niced 605 Times in 429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missourian View Post
I'm looking forward to throwing this especially if it's anything like a Cheetah, but I'm having a hard time imagining it in the bag between the Inspire and Theory.
I'm kinda curious where it fits too.. I thought the Inspire was the same flight ratings as the Relay.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 172
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 621 Times in 413 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
The Relay overlaps a fresh Champion Leopard. They don't fly exactly the same, but it's a good baseline for someone used to throwing Innova.
I'd say it overlaps a DX Leopard? I need to find a champ Leo that flies that understable. I agree with ThomasOrion, quote below.

For me, what makes the Relay so special is the low HSS (i.e. flips really easy) but a resistance to turning and burning, which plagues lots of other understable fairways. For this reason, I dislike it for rollers. But for a turnover airshot, I haven't found anything that beats the Relay.

Maybe it's the gyro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
I'd say a Champ Leopard is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY more Stable than a Relay. Like, WAY more. I guess it depends - but I have 2 172, 174g Relays and they flip up and over and swoop out a gooood amount. Champ leopards are almost stable when new. I can see it overlapping a DX leo. but that's it. But in your defense I haven't used a champ leo in a while - but if memory serves me right its more like 6/5/-2/1 and the relay is like 6/5/-3/1

Old 10-16-2018, 01:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 19
Niced 862 Times in 489 Posts

Hmm, I am not the only one to have comparred it to a champ leo, look back at the MVP theard to when it was released
....perhaps its that wonderful Innova consistency again.

The mid 160s Relay I had, was the closest thing to a fairway Comet I have ever thrown. A very small amount of turn with a nice smooth, barely there, fade at the end.

The Relay, like the Comet, wants more spin than speed.
Take it out and throw it next to a Comet and see the similar lines.

Old 10-16-2018, 05:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 172
Niced 621 Times in 413 Posts

Fair enough! Maybe when the Relay first came out it wasn't supposed to have quite as much early turn? Who knows. I just know the Relay will be in my bag for quite a while to cover the left-to-right turnover line. I have a champ Leo that may beat in to a similar spot, but it's got a long way to go.

Great disc, any way you slice it.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 5
Niced 605 Times in 429 Posts

It's a damn fine disc I'm working on moving a 174 into my bag my 165 has developed a sweet but useless gentle high speed turn it's not off by much more than a few feet but it has been thrown every round multiple times since I got it. It's fresh and heavy replacement feels very Leopardy especially next to its lighter worn counterpart.. Very straight flight and a soft minimal late fade a little more resistant to turning... I totally see the comparison to a 170g Leopard.

My middle name is Thomas..

Niced: (1)