Old 06-07-2013, 07:15 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 15.9
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 114 Times in 69 Posts

Mike i think the Amp is the first run in that video so the new ones will turn more.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2013, 07:17 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 15.9
Courses Played: 27
Niced 114 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bad View Post
Either I have the weirdest MVP fairways or I have too much power for them (and I doubt it's the latter). My Amp throws like a Roadrunner or Mamba. Stupid understable. My Volt is one of the most inconsistent, unpredictable discs I've ever thrown. Sometimes it throws like a Teebird, and other times like a flippy Valk. My Shock hyzer flips beautifully; I would not trust it into the wind. Basically, other than the Shock, I'm pretty disappointed in MVP's driver lineup.

Love the Axis and the Ion though. Everybody asks about the Axis when I throw it on a 275' frozen rope. One of the straightest discs in my bag.
Sounds like you have some form/grip consistency issues or OAT as far as the volt goes, it always flies exactly the same for me, nice S curve. And the Shock you have is obviously a first run, they fixed them a week after they were released, the new ones are nice and beefy

The latest run Amps are very under stable.. i like that about them, they are like my seasoned rivers right out of the box with a little more LSS at the very end, obviously not for high power, try throwing it higher, give it mre time to pan out. but it should turn hard, thats the point of an under stable disc.. lol

Last edited by in4d; 06-07-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 122
Niced 481 Times in 303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bad View Post
Either I have the weirdest MVP fairways or I have too much power for them (and I doubt it's the latter). My Amp throws like a Roadrunner or Mamba. Stupid understable. My Volt is one of the most inconsistent, unpredictable discs I've ever thrown. Sometimes it throws like a Teebird, and other times like a flippy Valk. My Shock hyzer flips beautifully; I would not trust it into the wind. Basically, other than the Shock, I'm pretty disappointed in MVP's driver lineup.

Love the Axis and the Ion though. Everybody asks about the Axis when I throw it on a 275' frozen rope. One of the straightest discs in my bag.
My Amp flies about like a Roadrunner too, but I don't consider that a bad thing, that's what I want in a flippy driver.

Your Shock sounds like a first run. They're not bad discs, but they are not the wind fighters the new runs are. Yours is probably along the lines of a speed 9 TL where the new ones are closer to a Predator.

Volt, you may of gotten a dud, but mine are by far my favorite driver in my bag. Its true they fly a lot of different lines, but that's a beautiful thing once you spend enough time with it to figure out how to throw it for different lines. Check this out, only a minute long: www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSRJp6Yofh0

Old 06-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 28 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
Sounds like you have some consistency issues as far as the volt goes, it always flies exactly the same for me, nice S curve. And the Shock you have is obviously a first run, they fixed them a week after they were released, the new ones are nice and beefy
^^ This

Had similar problems with the First Run Shock, and my First Run White Disc Nation Amp wouldn't turn over at all. I've thrown the adjusted versions of both now and they are much truer to advertised:

Amp = Understable
Volt = Midling stable
Shock = Overstable

However, your Volt issue is strange to me. The Volt is one of the most consistent Discs I've used, mostly works like a less stable Teebird with a lot of glide for me.