Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 783 Times in 444 Posts

Must. Resist. I've bought way too much plastic the past two months
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2020, 09:59 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 140 Times in 92 Posts

This picture has me intrigued. If I could count on them being this flat Id probably order a couple tonight.

Old 01-29-2020, 11:39 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 41
Niced 783 Times in 444 Posts

^Funny, I couldn't care less about the dome (there were many years where I'd disagree with myself here). I want them to be that pretty...how many "Swirly Star" or company equivalent discs look like straight up vomit?

I know discs and disc golf. I know flight paths and my own technique. I can adjust with little change/effort - I'm at the point in my DG career that I need want easy to find pretty discs, not any magical "arrow" to help me play better.

Give me 10 throws with any specific disc of a mold I'm familiar with, and I'll understand it. Couldn't care less if I understand one better than the other if the former looks like **** and the latter is somewhere between ordinary and gorgeous. Need that pretty in my life!

Not gonna risk factory store sending me random discs, I need Infinite/eBay/MST/whomever to take an individual photo. I jumped the gun on the SunKing ESP Rattlers and what did I get? One of out five pretty, one I'd settle for, two I'll survive owning, and one what the actual **** lol

Niced: (3)

Last edited by GripEnemy; 01-29-2020 at 11:42 PM. Reason: added last paragraph
Old 01-29-2020, 11:58 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 25
Niced 927 Times in 775 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
^Funny, I couldn't care less about the dome (there were many years where I'd disagree with myself here). I want them to be that pretty...how many "Swirly Star" or company equivalent discs look like straight up vomit?

I know discs and disc golf. I know flight paths and my own technique. I can adjust with little change/effort - I'm at the point in my DG career that I need want easy to find pretty discs, not any magical "arrow" to help me play better.

Give me 10 throws with any specific disc of a mold I'm familiar with, and I'll understand it. Couldn't care less if I understand one better than the other if the former looks like **** and the latter is somewhere between ordinary and gorgeous. Need that pretty in my life!

Not gonna risk factory store sending me random discs, I need Infinite/eBay/MST/whomever to take an individual photo. I jumped the gun on the SunKing ESP Rattlers and what did I get? One of out five pretty, one I'd settle for, two I'll survive owning, and one what the actual **** lol
I get it too, with the Champion though as long as the disc does not have the high domed Monarch like top as then that Valkyrie is basically a 9 speed Mantis and I want a Valkyrie not Mantis. Star I still want flat top or nearly that/low dome to have an OS disc that can fight the wind a bit more then Champion or for when I need a tad more OS disc for course layout. I like doing this rather then having to buy a Viking and learn a new disc and how it flies for the majority of the discs produced.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 01-30-2020 at 12:02 AM.
Old 01-30-2020, 09:00 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 31
Niced 924 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
FWIW a Reddit user got a couple delivered last night and posted pics, and they do indeed look like the stock photos. I'm honestly surprised. I wonder if this is Shimmer Star with a bleaching agent on the flight plate.

Either way, I'm hoping this becomes more of a regular thing. I don't throw Valks, but I'd love to see a Sidewinder, Roadrunner, or Roc3 like this.

Niced: (2)
Old 01-30-2020, 10:48 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.8
Courses Played: 62
Niced 335 Times in 187 Posts

Quote:
Not gonna risk factory store sending me random discs, I need Infinite/eBay/MST/whomever to take an individual photo.
That kept me from pulling the trigger as well. Until I see exactly what I'm getting, I can hold off on buying. I feel sorry for my checkbook though if Infinite posts some yellow and black Valks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoobyPls View Post
Either way, I'm hoping this becomes more of a regular thing. I don't throw Valks, but I'd love to see a Sidewinder, Roadrunner, or Roc3 like this.
I prefer Valks in Pro, but Sidewinders in Star, so I'd definitely pick up some of those as well. I'd like to see more streaking between the colors though instead of the halo look.
Old 01-30-2020, 04:10 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 55 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
If the halo run is flatter I definitely might chance ordering a couple.
Bad news for you.. My new ones came in last night will try and upload the photos. These are pretty domey. Personally they feel great to me but they have a good amount of dome.
Old 01-30-2020, 04:14 PM
Par Member

Hopefully this works to attach photos!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed (4).jpg (129.4 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg unnamed.jpg (110.1 KB, 65 views)

Old 01-30-2020, 04:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 31
Niced 924 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHaavisto View Post
Hopefully this works to attach photos!
Wow those are good looking. All five I've seen came out pretty. I'm tempted to get a couple to use as CTP prizes for my league.

Niced: (1)

Old 01-30-2020, 04:27 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoobyPls View Post
Wow those are good looking.
Yeah sorry for the poor lighting, it doesn't do the blue one justice. The rim on the blue one could be some of the best (IMO) swirling that I have seen, right up there with new Discraft.

Niced: (1)