#531  
Old 01-30-2020, 04:39 PM
elmexdela elmexdela is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 267
Posts: 8,681
Niced 2,240 Times in 1,270 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHaavisto View Post
Yeah sorry for the poor lighting, it doesn't do the blue one justice. The rim on the blue one could be some of the best (IMO) swirling that I have seen, right up there with new Discraft.
did you ask for different colors
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #532  
Old 01-30-2020, 04:48 PM
Future_Primitive's Avatar
Future_Primitive Future_Primitive is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 131
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,638
Niced 826 Times in 372 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
did you ask for different colors
You could pick colors as the website showed how many of each color were in stock. When I looked the only weights were in the 172-175 range. Think there were 5 color options? I passed on them myself even though they look great. Have way too many Valks now and lean towards the Pro plastic. But these are very tempting.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #533  
Old 01-30-2020, 04:53 PM
Jay Dub's Avatar
Jay Dub Jay Dub is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SW Ohio
Years Playing: 40.1
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,241
Niced 1,412 Times in 542 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future_Primitive View Post
You could pick colors as the website showed how many of each color were in stock. When I looked the only weights were in the 172-175 range. Think there were 5 color options? I passed on them myself even though they look great. Have way too many Valks now and lean towards the Pro plastic. But these are very tempting.
Pretty much the same here. I wanted a couple but have plenty of Valks. A friend is getting two of them and throwing one so I'll get to test his out a bit.
Reply With Quote
  #534  
Old 01-30-2020, 05:00 PM
GoobyPls's Avatar
GoobyPls GoobyPls is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,575
Niced 928 Times in 442 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
Pretty much the same here. I wanted a couple but have plenty of Valks. A friend is getting two of them and throwing one so I'll get to test his out a bit.
Let me know how they fly for you. IIRC you and I have pretty similar distance.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #535  
Old 01-30-2020, 05:05 PM
ray1970's Avatar
ray1970 ray1970 is online now
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Denver
Posts: 279
Niced 142 Times in 94 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHaavisto View Post
Bad news for you.. My new ones came in last night will try and upload the photos. These are pretty domey. Personally they feel great to me but they have a good amount of dome.


Thanks for the info. Think I’ll hold off and save myself some money.
Reply With Quote
  #536  
Old 01-30-2020, 06:08 PM
BenHaavisto BenHaavisto is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Kansas
Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 163
Niced 55 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
did you ask for different colors
I think others answered this question already but yes. I chose Blue, my buddies wanted green and orange.

Similarly to other websites that also don't take individual disc photos like Dynamic Discs website and GGGT. You select weight first, and then you select color options in that weight range.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #537  
Old 01-30-2020, 06:36 PM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,600
Niced 933 Times in 780 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
Thanks for the info. Think I’ll hold off and save myself some money.
Same, I will too since only the top end weight I like to throw is the lowest weight for this disc as well as the dome. I do not really care with Champion as those will all be less OS then Star. With Star I want a disc lower dome to flat top that is more OS for shots or wind a Viking would work, but I do npt want to learn how to fly the most common feel of and flight of Viking.
Reply With Quote
  #538  
Old 01-30-2020, 06:39 PM
Jay Dub's Avatar
Jay Dub Jay Dub is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SW Ohio
Years Playing: 40.1
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,241
Niced 1,412 Times in 542 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Same, I will too since only the top end weight I like to throw is the lowest weight for this disc as well as the dome. I do not really care with Champion as those will all be less OS then Star. With Star I want a disc lower dome to flat top that is more OS for shots or wind a Viking would work, but I do npt want to learn how to fly the most common feel of and flight of Viking.
Most of my Valkyrie throws are with 150 F2nd star. A couple are flat and one is so domey I call it a cereal bowl but love how it flies.

I bought a small stack from the factory store at a good discount. Check that out if you haven't already.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #539  
Old 01-30-2020, 07:59 PM
Streets's Avatar
Streets Streets is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 9,461
Niced 4,641 Times in 1,945 Posts
Default

Man those look cool...but I refuse to order from the Pro Shop and get a poop green swirl
Reply With Quote
 

  #540  
Old 01-30-2020, 08:09 PM
TerryTuffskins's Avatar
TerryTuffskins TerryTuffskins is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 229
Niced 104 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Man those look cool...but I refuse to order from the Pro Shop and get a poop green swirl
I didn't see poop green as a color option for these.

Niced: (3)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pearly JK Valkyrie, Red opaque JK Valkyrie pablo.diablo The Marketplace 0 08-22-2012 03:38 PM
Bag discussion... AJ_86 Bags / Carts / Straps / Tags 24 09-15-2010 09:31 AM
red 1st run CE Valkyrie and yellow CE Valkyrie kpc2004 The Marketplace 7 01-26-2010 11:12 AM
09 Best of Polls discussion Technohic Discs 28 12-30-2009 01:48 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.