Old 02-14-2020, 04:52 AM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 6 Times in 4 Posts

Did a quick check on one of the swedish retailers and compared to last year the price is 1 $ more expensive and 3 $ dollars more expensive than 2018 but , in 2018 one dollar was worth approx 8 SEK and now its worth 9.6 SEK , at the start of 2019 approx 9 SEK . So the change in price for us swedes might more or less be caused by that the SEK has lost some value compared to 2018 . But yeah prices have gone up over the years but i guess do does the costs for the manufacturers. When i started to play i could get a regular star Destroyer for 119 SEK and now they go for 169 SEK i think .

I would guess that the cost of the raw plastic used in the process is one of the main reason regular plastic price has gone up , tour series probably increase in price due to manufacturers are giving a bigger piece to the player
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2020, 05:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,805 Times in 1,009 Posts

Innova says

"TOUR SERIES
A substantial portion of each sale will go directly to the player and help his/her touring season. This is your chance to support your favorite players and pick up some amazing plastic"

i do like to support the players and buy quie a few Tour Series discs . .. but i sometimes wonder what that "A substantial portion of each sale" really mean
Most tour series disc are $5-$10 more expensive than a stock disc, does the player get 10% of that or 50%?

And i DON`T think discs are over priced . . i΄m just surprised over just how much more the Tour series discs cost over a stock one . .
Old 02-14-2020, 08:04 AM

Courses Played: 46
Niced 16 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
i do like to support the players and buy quie a few Tour Series discs . .. but i sometimes wonder what that "A substantial portion of each sale" really mean
Most tour series disc are $5-$10 more expensive than a stock disc, does the player get 10% of that or 50%?

And i DON`T think discs are over priced . . i΄m just surprised over just how much more the Tour series discs cost over a stock one . .
Wasn't it a one of reasons McB switched to discraft or do I remember it incorrectly, that he stated he didn't get much at all from his tour series discs. That could've and probably has drastically changed after that.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:23 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 515 Times in 319 Posts

The cost of a tour series disc doesn't bother me. I own plenty of discs, but enjoy engaging in some frisbee retail therapy from time to time even though I don't need to. Tour series discs mean I spend the same amount of money but just bring home fewer discs. Not a huge deal to me. The bigger detriment is that I don't want to start replying on a disc that is irreplaceable. So if I'm going to buy a tour series disc, then it needs to be in a plastic that is available every year.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-14-2020, 02:33 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 0.5
Courses Played: 2
Niced 28 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
The cost of a tour series disc doesn't bother me. I own plenty of discs, but enjoy engaging in some frisbee retail therapy from time to time even though I don't need to. Tour series discs mean I spend the same amount of money but just bring home fewer discs. Not a huge deal to me. The bigger detriment is that I don't want to start replying on a disc that is irreplaceable. So if I'm going to buy a tour series disc, then it needs to be in a plastic that is available every year.
Are the tour series discs in different plastics than their stock counterparts?
Old 02-14-2020, 02:37 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 55 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayph1n View Post
Are the tour series discs in different plastics than their stock counterparts?
Some are, color glow and shimmer star are the two I can think of off the top of my head.
Both of these plastics are almost only available through TFR (Tournament Fundraiser) or through tour series discs. Sometimes you can find misprints on the factory store or places like infinited discs.

Also molds like the Sexton Firebird if I recall he actually tweaks the stability on it so they are not always the same as your run of the mill color glow FB.
Old 02-14-2020, 02:39 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 0.5
Courses Played: 2
Niced 28 Times in 22 Posts

Good to know. Actually makes me just want to buy "stock" discs for playing.

Old 02-14-2020, 03:13 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 641 Times in 242 Posts

Had a moment of perspective last night....looked at what a year of karate classes costs. Let’s just say I could lose a tour series disc every week of the year and come out ahead playing DG...