Old 07-17-2019, 10:09 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 457 Times in 246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
It's kinda touchy like that too much power and it turns over, since it's understable it doesn't pop the nose up and instead of gaining height loses it.

I dunno it just doesn't hold height on that hole like a Tangent, ends up short. I guess I could throw it higher
I was kinda just messing with ya.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 07-17-2019, 10:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 5
Niced 699 Times in 491 Posts

Haha, I know thats why I answered with throw it higher which I always forget to do.

That might be something they achieve a bit better with Streamline one day. The Gyro™ is responsible for late stability on these discs I think. No complaints about the Wave 155 now that I got a plasma one.. Theory- I get why people throw it seems decent.

But.. The Signal, Orbital and Catalyst - I had high hopes for those in understable slots, got a couple heavy signals, a 155 / 166 Orbital and the Catalyst. I don't know how to describe it except goofy. I guess speed dependent is accurate, there's a point where they break over especially downhill and I'm never sure where that is. I had a lot of fun with the 155 Orbital I figured the 166 would be just right for flippy but it's way more stable than my 155 until it hits a touch of wind.

Well and the Vertex too.. I really like the mold I feel like the ideal weight is probably 176g.. I gotta 174 that flies like a Spin and my 179 is like a Tangent... pretty big difference for 5g I guess one has a dome though too

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 07-17-2019 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-17-2019, 12:53 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 6
Niced 457 Times in 246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Haha, I know thats why I answered with throw it higher which I always forget to do.

That might be something they achieve a bit better with Streamline one day. The Gyro™ is responsible for late stability on these discs I think. No complaints about the Wave 155 now that I got a plasma one.. Theory- I get why people throw it seems decent.

But.. The Signal, Orbital and Catalyst - I had high hopes for those in understable slots, got a couple heavy signals, a 155 / 166 Orbital and the Catalyst. I don't know how to describe it except goofy. I guess speed dependent is accurate, there's a point where they break over especially downhill and I'm never sure where that is. I had a lot of fun with the 155 Orbital I figured the 166 would be just right for flippy but it's way more stable than my 155 until it hits a touch of wind.

Well and the Vertex too.. I really like the mold I feel like the ideal weight is probably 176g.. I gotta 174 that flies like a Spin and my 179 is like a Tangent... pretty big difference for 5g I guess one has a dome though too

There is a hole on my local course that's almost as downhill as it is long. I think it's listed in the ball park of 200', and the drop is almost vertical. The green at the bottom is on flat ground. I've taken to throwing putter grenades to the green. Works well!
Old 07-17-2019, 01:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 122
Niced 523 Times in 324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
I have a stable HOFC Wave in my bag...

I didn't say that MVP does not have any US molds, just that they suck....and they do.

What does the Theory, Signal and Orbital share? Speed dependant stability and low glide. Just say no the S shape flights...

The Spin flys alright, but it is in that only slightly understable slot... and it feels like crap in the hand. Yes, hand feel is personal, I know.

So I will stick with Discraft, DGA or RPM for my understable needs.
Use whatever works for ya. I don't use understable stuff as much as most folks since I flick about as well as I backhand, but my Insanity, beat Axis, beat Crave and Excite fill those roles for me nicely.

If I didn't have those beat discs I could grab a Theory or Tangent, and an Inspire and be happy with them.

As far as S shaped flights, I've had my longest, prettiest ones ever with Mayhems.

Niced: (2)

Last edited by Mike C; 07-17-2019 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:44 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 962 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Use whatever works for ya. I don't use understable stuff as much as most folks since I flick about as well as I backhand, but my Insanity, beat Axis, beat Crave and Excite fill those roles for me nicely.

If I didn't have those beat discs I could grab a Theory or Tangent, and an Inspire and be happy with them.

As far as S shaped flights, I've had my longest, prettiest ones ever with Mayhems.
This may be in your sig or something Mike, but what is your bag right now? Reading through we have a lot of somewhat similar opinions.
Old 07-17-2019, 03:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 34.1
Courses Played: 30
Niced 116 Times in 74 Posts

Quote:
I didn't say that MVP does not have any US molds, just that they suck....and they do.

What does the Theory, Signal and Orbital share? Speed dependant stability and low glide. Just say no the S shape flights...

The Spin flys alright, but it is in that only slightly understable slot... and it feels like crap in the hand. Yes, hand feel is personal, I know.
Hmm. I don't have any problem turning my Spin, Signal, or Orbital (on those occasions I pull it out). I also don't have issues getting S flights from the Signal and Orbital; don't want them from the Spin. I don't get as much glide from the Signal as from my Relay, certainly. The Orbital seems to glide as much as my Wave (I don't throw those discs much).
Old 07-17-2019, 03:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 19
Niced 946 Times in 543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post

One spends 2 years beating a Crave into perfection and Idle Wild eats it up ... I have to have something in the interim.

I can throw LHBH almost a far as I can RHBH, although not as accurate. I don't really flick as much at all, except to get out of the shule. I do hyzerflip both hands and S turn discs are not optional for that... or at least not for me.

So yes, there are lots of holes

Last edited by wolfmandragon; 07-17-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 03:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
This may be in your sig or something Mike, but what is your bag right now? Reading through we have a lot of somewhat similar opinions.
Just shot a new one today as a matter of fact. I'll post the link later tonight. It's all listed in my sig but in the video I explain a bit more about which molds I carry multiples of and all that good stuff.

Old 07-17-2019, 03:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
One spends 2 years beating a Crave into perfection and Idle Wild eats it up ... I have to have something in the interim.

I can throw LHBH almost a far as I can RHBH, although not as accurate. I don't really flick as much at all, except to get out of the shule. I do hyzerflip both hands and S turn discs are not optional for that... or at least not for me.

So yes, there are lots of holes

I know the frustration. My dumbass had to go for a 3 on Renny Gold #18 recently and I ended up losing one of my oldest Mayhems that was nicely seasoned. I'd rather lose a brand new disc any day.

Old 07-17-2019, 04:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 188
Niced 1,587 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
That's basically what I did but not really intentionally. I had a cycle of wasps going at one time and lost the middle stability one right around the same time I figured out what the Envy was capable of, so I just never replaced it. The newer wasp was shelved for a buzzOS and, like a moron, I sold it(bottom stamp blueberry cryZtal) before i realized I didn't like the BOS. Figured out I could throw most of those shots with an Envy or my beat Resistor. The beat wasp and Tangent are still in the bag but rarely got used the last couple years...

...of course none of them are being used anymore.
did i miss a post about you getting injured i feel out of the loop