Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 91 Times in 62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkeyPuck View Post
That’s a gooder, no Jordan Creek??
Long story...
It was originally supposed to be before Nockamixon, which was on our way to new jersey that day, but we chose the Phillies game instead because it was a new to me baseball stadium. It's so hard to plan a trip around there!!! If the tournament was at Jordan and not French Creek then that would be better, but French Creek is still a helluva course in it's own right.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2017, 01:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 31.6
Courses Played: 345
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 21 Times in 16 Posts

Can you take out 'greatest' and 'ever' from the title?
Old 11-15-2017, 06:09 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 93
Niced 59 Times in 38 Posts

I did these a few years ago on one trip in 5 days. The Rating were what they were at the time.

Patriot's Park Grovetown GA 3.18
Lake Olmstead Augusta GA 3.63
Steady Ed Appling GA 4.03
WR Jackson Memorial DGC Appling GA 4.14
Jim Warner Memorial Appling GA 4.21
Riverview Augusta SC 3.9
Pine Valley Hogback DGC Augusta SC 4.5
Crooked Creek Park Chapin SC 3.97
Earlewood Park Columbia SC 3.88
Stoney Hill Newberry SC 3.9
Renaissance Park Charlotte SC 4.2
Reedy Creek Park Charlotte SC 3.6
Hornet's nest Charlotte SC 4
Nevin Park DGC Charlotte SC 4
Elon Long Charlotte SC 3.7
Sugaw Creek Park Charlotte SC 3.3
Old 11-15-2017, 08:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.5
Courses Played: 124
Niced 753 Times in 402 Posts

We've been visited by a lot of travelers on long trips, stopping by on their way between bagging Augusta/IDGC and Charlotte. I'm sure many of those trips would rate high on a list of Best Disc Golf Trips.

Though it's made me lament that nobody ever visits Stoney Hill during their Tour of Crappy Courses in the Southeast. We'd really stand out to them, if they did!

Ben Calhoun played about 700 courses in a year, in his race to 1000, and I'll bet some of his trips were pretty epic. Or, for all I know, it might have been one massive trip. Not sure how much he remembers of them, though.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 1317
Niced 152 Times in 89 Posts

I did some pretty epic trips a while back. A couple were around 3 months long and included around 300 courses..

Niced: (2)
Old 11-21-2017, 11:15 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 27.3
Courses Played: 46
Niced 10 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonc View Post
Planning one right now!

1st stop will be the Gateway factory. Not sure if we are going to play a course in the STL area. Then off to Harmony Bends.

After that, stops in Kansas and Oklahoma to add them to my "states played" list before heading south to Selah Ranch. Booked 2 nights there and hope to play both courses as well as the Texas Twist/Trey Deuce combo.

Possibly Lake Claiborne SP - Whitetail before heading over to Hot Springs for Turkey day. Then back home.
Hi Jason-

If you are traveling between Hot Springs, AR and Illinois, I would suggest spending a day at Disc Side of Heaven in Jonesboro, AR. Both courses are in fantastic shape right now. You would hit the #1 rated courses in four states in one trip... that is a heck of a road trip!

Feel free to e-mail me at DiscSideofHeaven@gmail.com to work out some details if you can make it work.

Brad
Old 11-21-2017, 09:25 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 24
Niced 55 Times in 49 Posts

Best trip ever was a vacation with other things in DC but I got to play Cape Henalope state park in Delaware and for a course made in the 1980's it was still a tough course. They changed where the cool weighted wooden dock top with a rubber pad attached to the tee pads were. Cool since Steady Ed Designed the Course and still had the original Mach II from the 1980's at it.

Another time I played while coming back from vacation at the Lake Shore park in Ashtabula State park. This was after I Played Chainbiters a pay to play in South Datyton New York.

Recently I got to stay at Erie State Park that has Shipwreck Bluff disc golf course, one of the tougher short courses I have played as the rough is nearly unplayable.

Played one time when we were going to South Dakota Black hills for a weekend the old Omaha Park in Rapid City South Dakota, one of the oldest permanent courses with baskets Outside of California or NY made in 1979 with the same big homemade baskets at the time in 2004. After getting new discs sold at a Play it Again Sports for my dad we played the course. I think my mom did not want to play yet or had just a 1999 Classic grid Aviar, the one with the micro bead and a late 1990's style Stratus to play my brother had used and got from a Cousin in 2003 who was getting ready to retire those discs or had better discs, different Putter namely I think Cousin had a soft Rhyno at the time.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:15 PM

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 65
Niced 12 Times in 5 Posts

For my 50th Birthday, back in May, I did The Rock at Stonewall, Rolling Pines, BlackJack, Sugaree, The Spine, and Ashe County Park, all in a 4 day North Carolina road trip. I’m still wiped out!

Old 11-27-2017, 06:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 175
Niced 16 Times in 11 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsPlayGolf View Post
Hi Jason-

If you are traveling between Hot Springs, AR and Illinois, I would suggest spending a day at Disc Side of Heaven in Jonesboro, AR. Both courses are in fantastic shape right now. You would hit the #1 rated courses in four states in one trip... that is a heck of a road trip!

Feel free to e-mail me at DiscSideofHeaven@gmail.com to work out some details if you can make it work.

Brad
Thanks for the suggestions Brad!

We wound up only playing 4 rounds due to weather, time constraints and a sick kid when we woke up at The Corral House at Selah Ranch the morning of Thanksgiving.

Added the following to my list on the trip:
Selah Ranch Creekside
The Lodge Moccasin Course
Harmony Bends
Rosedale (top)

Almost got half the states played, sitting at 24.