Old 01-27-2022, 11:27 AM
Banned

Niced 508 Times in 362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
Basically the Daviar had his personal playground for course design for the better part of 15 years where he designed killer courses that were maybe my favorite courses I ever played based just on the shots. There wasn't a lot of artificial OB that I can recall at Ozark Mountain. He may have used it at some points in some events, but you certainly didn't need it on any of those courses and I played there at times where there wasn't any. Certainly he never had someone hand him an open checkbook and let him develop that property any way he wanted, so the scenario is different. Maybe he would have put in some weirdo birthday cake pin placement with an O.B. line behind it at Ozark Mountain if he had the money to, who knows? I just kept watching the video and thinking "Ozark Mountain is still his best course design".

BUT...I haven't been to this place and the three people I know who have are raving about how awesome it is so there is a good chance I'm wrong.
The biggest problem I have as well is these wooded courses are putting in stakes because they see it on the DGPT. It makes zero sense in most cases to me when I play the holes. You already have a heavily wooded hole and put stakes over here why? Because the DGPT does it?

That's the problem we have, amateur course designers copying what they see on youtube making courses worse to play for people who simply are going out for a casual round.

You make this clump of trees OB? Why? It makes zero sense. There is already a natural hazard here. It's a clump of trees. Now you want me to pretend it's a water hazard? So silly and I hate it.

Courses are getting worse and worse.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 01-27-2022, 11:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 32.1
Courses Played: 82
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 4,815 Times in 1,469 Posts

Mr822sayswhat?

Old 01-27-2022, 12:18 PM
Banned

Is my little troll bot following me around again? lol
Old 01-27-2022, 12:43 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 112
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 321 Times in 121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmandiscer View Post
The biggest problem I have as well is these wooded courses are putting in stakes because they see it on the DGPT. It makes zero sense in most cases to me when I play the holes. You already have a heavily wooded hole and put stakes over here why? Because the DGPT does it?

That's the problem we have, amateur course designers copying what they see on youtube making courses worse to play for people who simply are going out for a casual round.

You make this clump of trees OB? Why? It makes zero sense. There is already a natural hazard here. It's a clump of trees. Now you want me to pretend it's a water hazard? So silly and I hate it.

Courses are getting worse and worse.
if your playing casual then why care what is OB? don't play them ob, when playing casual you can play from the middle of a highway and no one would care. If you don't play tournaments, not sure why you care what tournaments do.

Old 01-27-2022, 01:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatRedDude View Post
if your playing casual then why care what is OB? don't play them ob, when playing casual you can play from the middle of a highway and no one would care. If you don't play tournaments, not sure why you care what tournaments do.
Sure a casual round I will ignore them, I do that already. But I do play in leagues and tourneys too and am coming across fake OB at an alarming rate.

I just want to ask these people "redesigning" these courses why they are putting in fake OB.

Monkey see monkey do. I think some of it is their courses are getting shredded a little too much as well, so they need to add some gimmicks to artificially raise scores.
Old 01-27-2022, 01:38 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 27.4
Courses Played: 142
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 6,386 Times in 2,124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmandiscer View Post
Our league was run by a flick guy for a bit and dude wandered around declaring where all the RHBH shots would fade to O.B. to make the course play harder...for us. I hated those leagues, it was dumb.
Old 01-27-2022, 02:05 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 45
Courses Played: 320
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 374 Times in 194 Posts

Quote:
Eagles Crossing Big Money Skins Match, produced by Eagles Crossing, sponsored by OTB and filmed by GK Pro

Looks like they are all-in on these "big money skins match" events with the $200 spectator passes.
Wow! $200 seems steep. Guess they have to get the money for the skins match from somewhere. But truth be told, if I were closer to the area, I'd probably pay the $200 to spectate.
Old 01-27-2022, 02:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Our league was run by a flick guy for a bit and dude wandered around declaring where all the RHBH shots would fade to O.B. to make the course play harder...for us. I hated those leagues, it was dumb.
The main problem is, with a mostly free, cheap, small, young sport you simply are going to have lots and lots of growing pains till people figure things out. We just have dude down the street making course design decisions because he saw it on the tubes. We have very little professional designers who know what they are doing. Even then, you're not really guaranteed a good course.
Old 01-27-2022, 08:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,118 Times in 530 Posts

Looks like there are 100 spectator passes available, so 20k to be collected.

I think the first skins match only had 50 spots available? This one will sell out no doubt, between word of mouth spreading about the course and the intrigue of having Stokely and Brodie playing.

Old 01-28-2022, 08:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 790
Niced 4,070 Times in 2,126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shide View Post
Wow! $200 seems steep. Guess they have to get the money for the skins match from somewhere. But truth be told, if I were closer to the area, I'd probably pay the $200 to spectate.
really why