Old 10-26-2018, 06:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,183 Times in 566 Posts

Again, just what I see in my area.

I have no hate against Discraft, I own quite a few discraft molds and never shy away from trying a new one (unless of course it only comes in Z, which is quite a few). I always paw up some Discraft when I'm out of town.

If Paul moves to Discraft, he wont be enticing me to buy any new discs, the only discs I own with a McBeth sig are a few Novas, heck, most of my bag is Innova and I still don't bag anything he throws!
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 10-26-2018, 06:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 32
Niced 312 Times in 197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller View Post
Discrafts base plastic sucks, Why don't they have a good base line KC Pro, XT, Zero hard type plastic?
It's frustrating. They have good P&A molds but don't have a plastic I can get comfortable with. JB is decent but is too soft for me & has an odd texture. I wish they would copy Prodigy's 350g which is the best putting plastic IMO.

Old 10-26-2018, 10:37 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 12
Niced 473 Times in 255 Posts

I'm actually liking Pro D Roaches a lot for putting, even a little more than JB. Agree they should make the Wasp in other plastic, especially X for cyclers. They make the Buzzz in pretty much every plastic available and that works for me.

I personally think Discrafts premium plastics are as good or better than anybody's. Currently not bagging any of their drivers though.
Old 10-27-2018, 10:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 311 Times in 129 Posts

My observation has been that Discraft has been much more active in the last year or so
New molds, new plastics, better colors, sposorships ads, etc.
Again, just one man's observation.

Getting Paul would be a win-win for them.
Still...
Frankly, I won't be convinced that he's going to Discraft until I've heard it from Paul M himself.

Old 10-28-2018, 12:59 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,007 Times in 683 Posts

And people thought i was trolling...

Old 10-28-2018, 02:36 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 630 Times in 443 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscJunkie View Post
My observation has been that Discraft has been much more active in the last year or so
New molds, new plastics, better colors, sposorships ads, etc.
Again, just one man's observation.

Getting Paul would be a win-win for them.
Still...
Frankly, I won't be convinced that he's going to Discraft until I've heard it from Paul M himself.
It would just have to be a huge offer with life altering implications for Paul to switch.

Now if they were going to give him a huge old farm with room for multiple courses and a house on it or something similar I could see that.

But Innova has been pretty good to the beast as well.
Old 10-28-2018, 03:23 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 33.4
Courses Played: 30
Niced 90 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
Like ru4por, hard for me to be objective. Maybe I'm seeing their presence because I'm a fan of their discs? Maybe you're not seeing them because your eyes are drawn to what you bag?
Interesting. I can't say that I've noticed much of an uptick in Discraft media, though I've not been looking for it. It's not because I don't like the product. My most favorite model ever is Discraft--and now OOP. I've thrown many Discraft models over the years.

I've none, now, however, because when I decided to update my bag and evaluate new discs a couple years back, I couldn't find any of the newer Discraft models in anything other than Z plastic. I don't like the feel of Z plastic and quickly got rid of the new discs I got to try because of it. Couple the fact that my favorite Discraft molds went OOP and I couldn't get the new molds in a plastic I was comfortable gripping, and Discraft slid off my radar.

Old 10-28-2018, 07:55 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.5
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 59 Times in 38 Posts

I like some of their discs but seems to me a problem may be their system...why not go with the majority and do the speed glide fade turn ...especially for new players like me i have to go to a website to look them up and then try to remember them or write them down....bit of a hassle
Old 10-28-2018, 08:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 42
Niced 69 Times in 50 Posts

they just this year switched to speed glide turn fade. Took 'em long enough.

Niced: (2)

Old 10-28-2018, 11:33 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 16
Niced 115 Times in 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docxen View Post
I like some of their discs but seems to me a problem may be their system...why not go with the majority and do the speed glide fade turn ...especially for new players like me i have to go to a website to look them up and then try to remember them or write them down....bit of a hassle
I actually think their older one number system was much better for new players. I was actually pretty disappointed when they and MVP both adopted the four number system.