Old 10-29-2018, 11:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,409 Times in 1,318 Posts

Most people don't have a closet/trunk/backseat piled up with a couple dozen/hundred hydroflasks…
Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2018, 11:52 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 116 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by broomerang View Post
That's exactly how sales channels are designed. If you didn't feel like your money mattered to the company you're buying from you would choose their competitor that made you feel special. Sales guys act like every deal is equally important, it's their job and their compensation is tied directly to the sale. It's why your AT&T rep acts like your single internet connection and phone lines are important but the support team couldn't care less. Your money isn't worth anything compared to the real big fish in AT&Ts basket.
You're comparing a $150/month cell phone bill to $2-3 million dollar annual supplier contract. Maybe the "big fish" in plastic distribution would turn down that contract but there are plenty of mid level distributors that would jump at that contract. Maybe help them produce some DX plastic that you couldn't slice with your fingernail.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:55 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Most people don't have a closet/trunk/backseat piled up with a couple dozen/hundred hydroflasks…
Very true. But most people don't even know what disc golf is.
Old 10-30-2018, 12:01 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 29
Niced 41 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Maybe not a hundred but I do have a collection of bottles that is larger than I'd like to admit lol.

Niced: (3)
Old 10-30-2018, 12:02 AM
Eagle Member

If the Owler sales numbers are true why aren't companies like Merrell, Hydroflask, and Nalgene dumping money into sponsoring disc golf players and NT events. They're the perfect market for them and they could ride the coat tails of Innovas massive profits.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-30-2018, 12:12 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 41
Niced 194 Times in 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefKoolaid View Post
Maybe not a hundred but I do have a collection of bottles that is larger than I'd like to admit lol.

I’d like to see an album of this water bottle collection.

Old 10-30-2018, 12:23 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 40
Niced 315 Times in 131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by riltim View Post
According to Owler annual sales:

Merrell is $31.1 Million
Hydroflask is 10.1 Million
Nalgene is 2.7 Million

Anyone who thinks Innova moves more product than the three of these companies combined is delusional. Almost every person I know who does some sort of outdoor activity owns at product from all of the above companies. Hikers, Climbers, Cyclist, Boy Scouts, Etc.
According to Wikipedia:
The company (Merrell) recorded total sales of footwear and clothing of nearly $500 million in 2010.
Now the Internet is not an infallible source of information, but...
Obviously, one of these sources is waaaaay off.

Old 10-30-2018, 12:27 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 24
Niced 476 Times in 214 Posts

Quote:
If the Owler sales numbers are true why aren't companies like Merrell, Hydroflask, and Nalgene dumping money into sponsoring disc golf players and NT events. They're the perfect market for them and they could ride the coat tails of Innovas massive profits.
Some of their competitors do sponsor events. There is so many flaws to your logic here. Many disc golfers already own those products, therefore the consumer market is already saturated. Those companies probably don't believe it would be a good return compared to there other marketing dollars.

Quote:
You're comparing a $150/month cell phone bill to $2-3 million dollar annual supplier contract. Maybe the "big fish" in plastic distribution would turn down that contract but there are plenty of mid level distributors that would jump at that contract. Maybe help them produce some DX plastic that you couldn't slice with your fingernail.
cell phone? HAHA no. I'm talking about your companies phone service and data circuits. I was being a bit flippant I'll admit but you're absolutely incorrect that a company that makes 52.5 million in revenue is "large" in the manufacturing business.

An apples to pears comparison: Callaway 1.05 billion in revenue.

https://www.marketwatch.com/investin...ely/financials

Maybe someone with experience in injection molding could contribute more appropriate details.

Quote:
You think negotiating prices for electrical components gets me a seat at the monthly board of directors meeting?
That has nothing to do with knowing how much revenue your company makes every year. You're hurting your own credibility with every post.
Old 10-30-2018, 12:33 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 136 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
According to Owler annual sales:

Merrell is $31.1 Million
Hydroflask is 10.1 Million
Nalgene is 2.7 Million

I don't know much about Hydroflask, but the numbers for Merrell and Nalgene seem WAY low.

As for Innova, I suspect in the last ten years or so, they have gone from being a nicely profitable company, to being an extremely profitable company. If they think McBeth is worth it, they'll easily match or exceed any other offer.

Old 10-30-2018, 12:33 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 24
Niced 476 Times in 214 Posts

Quote:
Maybe the "big fish" in plastic distribution would turn down that contract but there are plenty of mid level distributors that would jump at that contract. Maybe help them produce some DX plastic that you couldn't slice with your fingernail.
Sounds like your holding an axe and I believe I hear a grinder.

Perhaps Innova and many of their customers do not see those features of DX being a flaw.