#51  
Old 02-07-2017, 10:32 PM
Jmscrimp Jmscrimp is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 49
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Was hoping that the Anchor would fit between my Justice and my Bard. Instead, it flies exactly like my VIP Bard. Not as overstable as I hoped. Still a great disc.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-08-2017, 08:01 AM
VictorB's Avatar
VictorB VictorB is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Madison, WI
Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 88
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,088
Niced 365 Times in 226 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
Retro Anchors? Anchors are only available in Opto at present.
I've seen people all over facebook posting pictures of Retro Anchors. They are definitely out there.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-02-2017, 11:52 AM
Buiscutboy's Avatar
Buiscutboy Buiscutboy is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Da UP
Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 1,249
Niced 41 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Now that Retro Anchors are actually released, has anyone thrown one?
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-02-2017, 11:58 AM
Dr.Smooth Dr.Smooth is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Midwest
Years Playing: 23.4
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,678
Niced 151 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Bought two white custom infinite stamps, both 174 same run as desired for testing.

Surprised the dome is nearly identical to my maces. not flat but a small, subtle rise in the dome. I thought I read these had some dome to then.

Anyone throw these with the maces yet? The rim looks like it was indeed a mace retooled.

These feel better in the hands- a bit more bead than the mace and a more rounded rim edge/side as well than the mace. But indentical in every other way.

Not sure if 174 will be heavy enough though. If these are a tickmark more stable than the maces I'll be happy.

Last edited by Dr.Smooth; 03-02-2017 at 12:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-02-2017, 12:06 PM
Dr.Smooth Dr.Smooth is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Midwest
Years Playing: 23.4
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,678
Niced 151 Times in 106 Posts
Default

infinite custome anchor stamp, and maces. don't you wish you had that mace!
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-02-2017, 12:13 PM
Dr.Smooth Dr.Smooth is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Midwest
Years Playing: 23.4
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,678
Niced 151 Times in 106 Posts
Default

profiles mace vs anchor (mace is purple on left)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mace vs anchor 001.jpg (39.1 KB, 65 views)

Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-02-2017, 03:48 PM
hugheshilton's Avatar
hugheshilton hugheshilton is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Beaverton, OR
Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,650
Niced 529 Times in 328 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Smooth View Post
profiles mace vs anchor (mace is purple on left)
Anchor looks a little blunter. Do you have a Roc to compare the Anchor to Dr. Smooth? I'd be interested in seeing the profile difference there.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-02-2017, 06:57 PM
jcassidy1990's Avatar
jcassidy1990 jcassidy1990 is offline
Reptilian Disc Golf
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,643
Niced 425 Times in 177 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buiscutboy View Post
Now that Retro Anchors are actually released, has anyone thrown one?
I love the Opto Anchor for beefy Roc shots

The Retro was a major disappointment. They're flat topped (I despise flat top Rocs) so they're just line driver mids. Not much line shaping potential as I'm mostly just getting straight to fade lines.

For a mold that the describe to be slightly domey, the retros that I held were all flat to even puddles.
The plastic was also very susceptible to damage. First tree hit resulted in a significant warp to the rim.

Fantastic disc in premium.
Underwhelming in baseline.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-02-2017, 07:09 PM
hugheshilton's Avatar
hugheshilton hugheshilton is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Beaverton, OR
Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,650
Niced 529 Times in 328 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassidy1990 View Post
The Retro was a major disappointment. They're flat topped (I despise flat top Rocs) so they're just line driver mids. Not much line shaping potential as I'm mostly just getting straight to fade lines.

For a mold that the describe to be slightly domey, the retros that I held were all flat to even puddles.
The plastic was also very susceptible to damage. First tree hit resulted in a significant warp to the rim.

Fantastic disc in premium.
Underwhelming in baseline.
You just described every disc I've tried in Retro/Prime. They've all been extremely flat and more overstable than premium versions. Also, not super durable. It is pretty good for Verdicts though.
Reply With Quote
 

  #60  
Old 03-02-2017, 07:55 PM
OB Four's Avatar
OB Four OB Four is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Courses Played: 43
Posts: 641
Niced 13 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Weren't you also a big Bard fan? How do they compare for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassidy1990 View Post
I love the Opto Anchor for beefy Roc shots

The Retro was a major disappointment. They're flat topped (I despise flat top Rocs) so they're just line driver mids. Not much line shaping potential as I'm mostly just getting straight to fade lines.

For a mold that the describe to be slightly domey, the retros that I held were all flat to even puddles.
The plastic was also very susceptible to damage. First tree hit resulted in a significant warp to the rim.

Fantastic disc in premium.
Underwhelming in baseline.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.