#51  
Old 03-08-2017, 04:59 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 7,893
Niced 2,414 Times in 1,319 Posts
Default

I wonder who will release a super beefy OM putter first MVP or Lat?...
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-08-2017, 05:42 PM
OB Four's Avatar
OB Four OB Four is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Courses Played: 43
Posts: 643
Niced 14 Times in 11 Posts
Default

I gave MVP a really good long look on a decent number of molds, but eventually only ever used a couple regularly (impulse and inertia) and now I bag none. My biggest struggle with them and (maybe?) overmolds is that they were great in calm conditions, but their supposedly overstable molds did not handle wind well, which is a must for TX golf. I was never sure if it was bc of them being overmolds or what, but could never find the reliability that you need to feel comfortable in the wind. That said, I loved their straight/understable, understable drivers... impulse was a great roller, inertia was a great neutral driver.

Interested to see how L64 does with these.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-08-2017, 05:46 PM
Aim For The Chains's Avatar
Aim For The Chains Aim For The Chains is offline
FROLF OFF!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MINNESOTA
Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 16,991
Niced 1,008 Times in 684 Posts
Default

I call BS on handling wind re:MVP.

People have claimed for a long time MVPs have less glide for 1 and 2 they make some major OS molds that kill any wind. I dont even bag those super OS molds given how well the gyro molds hold a hyzer line.

Volt/tesla were doing work in 25mph winds. I might break out a motion or photon on shorter holes. Hell people used to claim MVP cant make a OS or US mold... Lulz
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-08-2017, 05:49 PM
World Eater World Eater is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 952
Niced 37 Times in 35 Posts
Default

the Pure is not broken.. why overmold it?

unless there is a specific purpose or flight pattern they are trying to get where they think gyro will work better, i dont see the reason to adopt a more expensive production process.

Last edited by World Eater; 03-08-2017 at 05:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-08-2017, 05:52 PM
dontBLAMEtheDISC dontBLAMEtheDISC is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: kansas
Courses Played: 48
Posts: 382
Niced 17 Times in 15 Posts
Default

I have to agree with aim the couple of MVP drivers I had held up quite well in windy conditions

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-08-2017, 05:52 PM
Mike C's Avatar
Mike C Mike C is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: OH
Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 122
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,666
Niced 431 Times in 273 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB Four View Post
I gave MVP a really good long look on a decent number of molds, but eventually only ever used a couple regularly (impulse and inertia) and now I bag none. My biggest struggle with them and (maybe?) overmolds is that they were great in calm conditions, but their supposedly overstable molds did not handle wind well, which is a must for TX golf. I was never sure if it was bc of them being overmolds or what, but could never find the reliability that you need to feel comfortable in the wind. That said, I loved their straight/understable, understable drivers... impulse was a great roller, inertia was a great neutral driver.

Interested to see how L64 does with these.
Hah, sounds like you should try an Energy or Resistor. Resistor is a cornerstone of my bag, and the Energy is so overstable it barely goes anywhere unless I put it on a flex line.

Hell last time I threw golf in Texas I rocked a max weight Crave for most shots.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-08-2017, 06:06 PM
PMantle's Avatar
PMantle PMantle is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alexandria, La.
Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,718
Niced 614 Times in 434 Posts
Default

Yeah, I don't get the wind claim. If I played in more wind, I'd have more MVP in my regular bag. Glide has been the issue for me. I cannot throw high properly. If a disc requires height for distance, I'm screwed.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-08-2017, 06:07 PM
OB Four's Avatar
OB Four OB Four is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Courses Played: 43
Posts: 643
Niced 14 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Hah, sounds like you should try an Energy or Resistor. Resistor is a cornerstone of my bag, and the Energy is so overstable it barely goes anywhere unless I put it on a flex line.

Hell last time I threw golf in Texas I rocked a max weight Crave for most shots.
Maybe? I'm specifically thinking about a Tesla not handling wind as well as a PD.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-08-2017, 06:15 PM
OB Four's Avatar
OB Four OB Four is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Courses Played: 43
Posts: 643
Niced 14 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
I call BS on handling wind re:MVP.

People have claimed for a long time MVPs have less glide for 1 and 2 they make some major OS molds that kill any wind. I dont even bag those super OS molds given how well the gyro molds hold a hyzer line.

Volt/tesla were doing work in 25mph winds. I might break out a motion or photon on shorter holes. Hell people used to claim MVP cant make a OS or US mold... Lulz
I'll have to trust your word more than mine, as you're the resident MVP expert. To be fair, I was testing these relatively early into my playing and am always trying to navigate how to play in the winds we have out here (gusts of 30-40 often times), so you may be very well right.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #60  
Old 03-08-2017, 06:16 PM
Aim For The Chains's Avatar
Aim For The Chains Aim For The Chains is offline
FROLF OFF!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MINNESOTA
Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 16,991
Niced 1,008 Times in 684 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB Four View Post
Maybe? I'm specifically thinking about a Tesla not handling wind as well as a PD.
Which is also BS
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Overmolds AVR_ Discs 47 03-25-2017 05:24 AM
Would like to see from Latitude 64 SD86 Discs 68 12-03-2015 10:16 PM
"Largest Piece" and Overmolds Dan Ensor Rules Questions & Discussion 11 12-05-2013 02:33 PM
NEW Latitude 64 Freddy The Marketplace 16 09-11-2013 11:45 PM
Overmolds and Rubbers, as well as a few others. bsheisey The Marketplace 5 08-26-2013 09:06 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.