Old 03-08-2017, 03:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,016 Times in 1,153 Posts

I wonder who will release a super beefy OM putter first MVP or Lat?...
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2017, 04:42 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 43
Niced 13 Times in 10 Posts

I gave MVP a really good long look on a decent number of molds, but eventually only ever used a couple regularly (impulse and inertia) and now I bag none. My biggest struggle with them and (maybe?) overmolds is that they were great in calm conditions, but their supposedly overstable molds did not handle wind well, which is a must for TX golf. I was never sure if it was bc of them being overmolds or what, but could never find the reliability that you need to feel comfortable in the wind. That said, I loved their straight/understable, understable drivers... impulse was a great roller, inertia was a great neutral driver.

Interested to see how L64 does with these.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:46 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 134
Niced 969 Times in 663 Posts

I call BS on handling wind re:MVP.

People have claimed for a long time MVPs have less glide for 1 and 2 they make some major OS molds that kill any wind. I dont even bag those super OS molds given how well the gyro molds hold a hyzer line.

Volt/tesla were doing work in 25mph winds. I might break out a motion or photon on shorter holes. Hell people used to claim MVP cant make a OS or US mold... Lulz
Old 03-08-2017, 04:49 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 20
Niced 37 Times in 35 Posts

the Pure is not broken.. why overmold it?

unless there is a specific purpose or flight pattern they are trying to get where they think gyro will work better, i dont see the reason to adopt a more expensive production process.

Last edited by World Eater; 03-08-2017 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 16 Times in 14 Posts

I have to agree with aim the couple of MVP drivers I had held up quite well in windy conditions

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2017, 04:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 122
Niced 414 Times in 265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB Four View Post
I gave MVP a really good long look on a decent number of molds, but eventually only ever used a couple regularly (impulse and inertia) and now I bag none. My biggest struggle with them and (maybe?) overmolds is that they were great in calm conditions, but their supposedly overstable molds did not handle wind well, which is a must for TX golf. I was never sure if it was bc of them being overmolds or what, but could never find the reliability that you need to feel comfortable in the wind. That said, I loved their straight/understable, understable drivers... impulse was a great roller, inertia was a great neutral driver.

Interested to see how L64 does with these.
Hah, sounds like you should try an Energy or Resistor. Resistor is a cornerstone of my bag, and the Energy is so overstable it barely goes anywhere unless I put it on a flex line.

Hell last time I threw golf in Texas I rocked a max weight Crave for most shots.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 48
Niced 557 Times in 395 Posts

Yeah, I don't get the wind claim. If I played in more wind, I'd have more MVP in my regular bag. Glide has been the issue for me. I cannot throw high properly. If a disc requires height for distance, I'm screwed.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:07 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Hah, sounds like you should try an Energy or Resistor. Resistor is a cornerstone of my bag, and the Energy is so overstable it barely goes anywhere unless I put it on a flex line.

Hell last time I threw golf in Texas I rocked a max weight Crave for most shots.
Maybe? I'm specifically thinking about a Tesla not handling wind as well as a PD.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:15 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
I call BS on handling wind re:MVP.

People have claimed for a long time MVPs have less glide for 1 and 2 they make some major OS molds that kill any wind. I dont even bag those super OS molds given how well the gyro molds hold a hyzer line.

Volt/tesla were doing work in 25mph winds. I might break out a motion or photon on shorter holes. Hell people used to claim MVP cant make a OS or US mold... Lulz
I'll have to trust your word more than mine, as you're the resident MVP expert. To be fair, I was testing these relatively early into my playing and am always trying to navigate how to play in the winds we have out here (gusts of 30-40 often times), so you may be very well right.

Niced: (1)

Old 03-08-2017, 05:16 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 134
Niced 969 Times in 663 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB Four View Post
Maybe? I'm specifically thinking about a Tesla not handling wind as well as a PD.
Which is also BS