Old 03-08-2017, 05:17 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 28 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
I would buy an overmold Pure just so I could throw it against a Proxy.
Long time Pure thrower, that decided to go on a journey of self-awareness to try out different putters again. I landed on the Warden, but then I just got a Proxy Plasma and it is a beautiful thing that flies like a bullet. So ya, I would love to try it against an overmold Pure...
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2017, 05:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 142
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,438 Times in 616 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Eater View Post
the Pure is not broken.. why overmold it?

unless there is a specific purpose or flight pattern they are trying to get where they think gyro will work better, i dont see the reason to adopt a more expensive production process.
Why is the assumption that they're overmolding existing discs/molds? Whatever they come up with, it surely won't be an overmolded Pure or Mercy or Dagger or any other disc in their lineup.

Latitude is getting into the overmold game for the same reason Innova did and for the same reason MVP is branching into non-overmolded discs...to broaden their market reach. MVP has shown that there is a market for overmolded discs, so why shouldn't every manufacturer get in on it if they want to?

Old 03-08-2017, 05:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,697 Times in 978 Posts

How dare you bring common sense into this thread JC?..

Niced: (1)
Old 03-08-2017, 05:23 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 134
Niced 951 Times in 651 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB Four View Post
I'll have to trust your word more than mine, as you're the resident MVP expert. To be fair, I was testing these relatively early into my playing and am always trying to navigate how to play in the winds we have out here (gusts of 30-40 often times), so you may be very well right.
All good. In winds like that no disc besides the lawn dart type will do well without any decent technique so makes sense. I just get so tired of the MVP discs dont XYZ when really they are just discs like any others but seem to have a little more HSS when juiced up.

I cant even throw the damn 23mm nitro without a huge left finish and skip action. Cant imagine any normal DG player needing more disc (which mvp makes) when i can crush 425-50' in real life...

Niced: (1)
Old 03-08-2017, 05:25 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 43
Niced 13 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
All good. In winds like that no disc besides the lawn dart type will do well without any decent technique so makes sense. I just get so tired of the MVP discs dont XYZ when really they are just discs like any others but seem to have a little more HSS when juiced up.

I cant even throw the damn 23mm nitro without a huge left finish and skip action. Cant imagine any normal DG player needing more disc (which mvp makes) when i can crush 425-50' in real life...
Yeah, very true. Got me thinking I might have to revisit some MVP molds.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 18
Niced 247 Times in 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Latitude makes nice discs ill be curious to see what these are all about. Price will be a big factor. Their retail stuff is some of highest with opto/gl already and overmolding is not easier/cheaper.
Hate to see the price on Prodigy overmolds then. I can't say if Prodigy makes good discs or not (I am sure they do, I just don't care to own any), only thrown maybe 3 throws with them all together. But I can say they are the most overpriced production discs in any of the stores around me or people selling them at the courses. And I live 10 minutes from Prodigy's home base.

Back to overmolds, just like everything else, the good/popular discs (new or old) will stick around and the not so good/unpopular will go away after a few years. I know that some great molds have come out of this "new overmold crap", so I will reserve judgement.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:43 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 42 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
...um its an actual golf ball...

woosh
Old 03-08-2017, 06:04 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 134
Niced 951 Times in 651 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhayes7 View Post
Hate to see the price on Prodigy overmolds then. I can't say if Prodigy makes good discs or not (I am sure they do, I just don't care to own any), only thrown maybe 3 throws with them all together. But I can say they are the most overpriced production discs in any of the stores around me or people selling them at the courses. And I live 10 minutes from Prodigy's home base.

Back to overmolds, just like everything else, the good/popular discs (new or old) will stick around and the not so good/unpopular will go away after a few years. I know that some great molds have come out of this "new overmold crap", so I will reserve judgement.
Yeah makes sense. I only brought up $ as MVPs claim with streamline discs is superior molded single shot discs @ lower price. Latitude could have something here if they went non-GYRO and worked with grippy outsides or even harder ones with grippy flight plates etc. Innovas are just garbage looking while these seem legit.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:06 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 20
Niced 37 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
Why is the assumption that they're overmolding existing discs/molds? Whatever they come up with, it surely won't be an overmolded Pure or Mercy or Dagger or any other disc in their lineup.

Latitude is getting into the overmold game for the same reason Innova did and for the same reason MVP is branching into non-overmolded discs...to broaden their market reach. MVP has shown that there is a market for overmolded discs, so why shouldn't every manufacturer get in on it if they want to?
Ya, that's pretty much what I was asking.. I have no reason to believe they would produce an overmolded Pure, just responding to the speculation.

I'm never sure how big MVP/Axiom's market is. I dont see it in the seattle. People are very Innova/Trilogy focused here. I can think of only two shops that carry any at all.

Old 03-08-2017, 06:17 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 7
Niced 190 Times in 131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Eater View Post
...I'm never sure how big MVP/Axiom's market is. I dont see it in the seattle. People are very Innova/Trilogy focused here. I can think of only two shops that carry any at all.
Howdy neighbor!

Mando's in Auburn stocks a good variety of molds, colors, plastics, and weights. I'm pretty particular about each and like to hold a disc, especially one that is new to me, before purchasing.