Old 03-15-2017, 10:34 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Has anyone gotten a chance to throw one of these?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2017, 11:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 44
Niced 530 Times in 329 Posts

Mine will arrive tomorrow. Not sure if I'll be able to get a round in but I'll try to post some pics at least.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:50 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 13 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgesummers View Post
Has anyone gotten a chance to throw one of these?
Take my review with a grain of salt as im an 875 rated player and mostly a buzzz thrower as opposed to ROCs but:

Zipper top. Hard but not too much so plastic. I would say it feels more like a gator in hand than a Roc3 (which i did bag for a couple years)

I threw mine in a field yesterday vs a verdict and a Buzzz OS. I found the Rocx3 to be a touch less stable than my Buzzz OS which would make it a bit more every day usable for me. My buzzz OS I throw only specialty shots with

In my opinion if this was using general disc golf terms Id call it a GatorSS. The feel to me is more like a straighter gator, than an overstable roc. But I am good with some original analogies stating if the Gator and Roc3 had a baby this would be it.

For those hoping for the look and feel of the roc with overstablity i think you may be a touch disappointed, although the flight may be about what you're looking for, I found the feel to be quite different.

I bought four and will likely sell three and continue to throw the one i tested for a few months.

Old 03-17-2017, 01:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Well my RocX3's came in. As promised here are some photos. I took a profile pic vs. a 2013 USDGC Champ Rancho Roc. Sorry, I would have also included a Roc3 profile comparison, but my Roc3s are currently in the bedroom where my daughter is sleeping so you'll have to wait on that. The profile is quite similar to a Rancho Roc (or probably to a Roc3 as well). It's just a little bit blunter, which I guess gives it that extra overstability.

https://goo.gl/photos/RTosBXar6mHCHw7V8

If anyone wants any comparisons vs other mids, feel free to ask. If I have one I'll happily take a comparison pic for you (although no promises on me actually having what you want).

Niced: (1)
Old 03-17-2017, 07:16 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 107
Niced 31 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
Well my RocX3's came in. As promised here are some photos. I took a profile pic vs. a 2013 USDGC Champ Rancho Roc. Sorry, I would have also included a Roc3 profile comparison, but my Roc3s are currently in the bedroom where my daughter is sleeping so you'll have to wait on that. The profile is quite similar to a Rancho Roc (or probably to a Roc3 as well). It's just a little bit blunter, which I guess gives it that extra overstability.

If anyone wants any comparisons vs other mids, feel free to ask. If I have one I'll happily take a comparison pic for you (although no promises on me actually having what you want).
Thanks for the pics. It looks awesome and I'm very intrigued.
Old 03-17-2017, 07:50 AM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 14
Niced 425 Times in 177 Posts

Wow profile looks solid.
I expected something a little more "wonky" like the commander.

I bet the Roc3x would be a killer disc in DX.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:57 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 51
Niced 177 Times in 118 Posts

Yeupppppp, definitely intrigued. I love my Roc3s and my Champ Glow ones are plenty OS for most of my shots, but if this flies more like a longer Harp, I'll definitely be bagging one.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:13 AM
Par Member

Niced 14 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscinMiller View Post
Take my review with a grain of salt as im an 875 rated player and mostly a buzzz thrower as opposed to ROCs but:

Zipper top. Hard but not too much so plastic. I would say it feels more like a gator in hand than a Roc3 (which i did bag for a couple years)

I threw mine in a field yesterday vs a verdict and a Buzzz OS. I found the Rocx3 to be a touch less stable than my Buzzz OS which would make it a bit more every day usable for me. My buzzz OS I throw only specialty shots with

In my opinion if this was using general disc golf terms Id call it a GatorSS. The feel to me is more like a straighter gator, than an overstable roc. But I am good with some original analogies stating if the Gator and Roc3 had a baby this would be it.

For those hoping for the look and feel of the roc with overstablity i think you may be a touch disappointed, although the flight may be about what you're looking for, I found the feel to be quite different.

I bought four and will likely sell three and continue to throw the one i tested for a few months.
How does it compare to the Verdict? I am not familiar with the Buzz OS. And what plastic/weight was the Verdict that you were throwing?
Old 03-17-2017, 10:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
How does it compare to the Verdict? I am not familiar with the Buzz OS. And what plastic/weight was the Verdict that you were throwing?
I added a profile comparison pic with a Prime Verdict the shared album (the only plastic of Verdict I have). The profiles look pretty similar actually. The RocX3 has a bigger bead and maybe just a slightly more concave wing. It's also got a tiny bit more shoulder than a prime verdict, although I'm not sure how it would compare to a premium plastic Verdict since the Primes are pretty much 100% board flat with no shoulder at all.

Niced: (1)

Old 03-17-2017, 11:09 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 43
Niced 13 Times in 10 Posts

I have never known what zipper top meant... can someone help me with my ignorance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscinMiller View Post