Old 03-14-2018, 11:38 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,054 Times in 497 Posts

Marshall Street's guide is a great simple tool, especially as a start. I'll often look there first, then go to InBounds to confirm.

They do have a couple of entries that are slightly off, and one in particular that's WAY off. They have the Squall listed as Tangent/Tursas-level understable, when it's really like a Buzzz.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 03-14-2018, 03:53 PM
Par Member

Niced 104 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KniceZ View Post
I've also found these web based disc flight path visualization tools to be informative.

www.inboundsdiscgolf.com

www.flightanalyzer.com

http://discpath.haxor.fi/
Love inbounds! Most up to date but only four discs side by side. Flight analyzer has the best features allowing one to choose the skill and the flight paths adjusted accordingly (pretty accurate to my experience), but not a very up to date disc selection. discpath doesn't seem to exist anymore?
Old 03-14-2018, 10:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 199
Niced 973 Times in 611 Posts

To organize discs in my brain, I use some kind of hybrid of the Discraft and Innova (4-number) rating system. Speed and overstability. So Marshall Street's guide is helpful if I'm figuring out where things kinda fit. Ultimately I end up trying/buying discs based on recommendations from others, so the only time I use those flight guides is when people mention discs and I don't know anything about them and want to see how they compare to discs I know. I've thrown enough plastic to know that flight ratings tell a very incomplete story.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-20-2018, 01:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,039 Times in 1,145 Posts

Fun chart, i use it alot. . but a few things i find werd. .

The JOKERI is not as OS as the ZONE, A1. . .should be more in the "F"slot like the Suspect
The STING is not that stable. . same as FD..no way

STALKER more stable than Teebird, Explorer and Undertaker?!?. . nope
Old 12-20-2018, 04:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,531 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoobyPls View Post
Marshall Street's guide is a great simple tool, especially as a start. I'll often look there first, then go to InBounds to confirm.

This is my pattern as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
I wish Blake still kept up Joe's flight chart at GGGT. That was probably the best reference but it's a couple years out of date now
^^ This is truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Fun chart, i use it alot. . but a few things i find werd. .

The JOKERI is not as OS as the ZONE, A1. . .should be more in the "F"slot like the Suspect
The STING is not that stable. . same as FD..no way

STALKER more stable than Teebird, Explorer and Undertaker?!?. . nope
Here is how I think about Marshell St flight guide; It is the high speed stability a disc has thrown with a little OAT.

It is NOT the net turn and fade. It is NOT the stability that a clean thrower like MJ, Schultz or Eric Oakley will get. It IS the stability that most of the weekend warriors will get though.

The Comet or Squall, is understable if it is not released clean; otherwise both are neutral. The Avenger is not a hard fading disc, but it is a favorite with some forehand torque monkeys I know. It doesn't turn and burn with OAT, very much like it's companions on the chart that might fade harder.

Last edited by wolfmandragon; 12-20-2018 at 04:11 PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 03:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,039 Times in 1,145 Posts

I don΄t think any weekend warrior or any player will think that the STALKER is more stable than Teebird, Explorer and Undertaker

But as a "weekend warrior" myself i like the chart but a few discs stands out as "missplaced" on the chart

Niced: (1)
Old 12-21-2018, 04:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,531 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
I don΄t think any weekend warrior or any player will think that the STALKER is more stable than Teebird, Explorer and Undertaker

But as a "weekend warrior" myself i like the chart but a few discs stands out as "missplaced" on the chart
I don't think it is perfect by any means, just my thoughts on what the chart is attempting to capture.

I was not singling your comment out, other than a starting point to expand my thoughts on.

Last edited by wolfmandragon; 12-21-2018 at 04:08 PM.
Old 01-28-2020, 01:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 34.4
Courses Played: 365
Niced 122 Times in 62 Posts

https://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/flightguide

This doesn't have the index on the right side like it used to, where the discs are listed in alphabetical order and then letter/number corresponding to the row/column on the chart. Does a version exist showing both the chart and index?

Old 01-30-2020, 12:12 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.1
Courses Played: 2
Niced 29 Times in 22 Posts

I use the Marshal Street one. The good thing is it gives me an idea of what discs are similar to discs I'm throwing or which direction to go if I need a more OS or US disc. The bad is like others have said, that this charts don't take into account the type of plastic being used. Once you find a discs you still need to do some research and figure out the type of plastic you will need for a certain flight pattern.