Old 05-15-2020, 06:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 30.5
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,160 Times in 971 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
The PDGA is a global organization, for your information. I figured after I baited y’all into showing your shallow hands I’d get pathetic reactions just like that.
As such, PDGA announced sanctioning can resume in Norway, Iceland, Lithuania, and the Czech Republic. I imagine India, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania and Indonesia have more pressing needs than to worry about sanctioned tournaments right now.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 05-15-2020, 07:05 PM
Supreme Disc Golf Authority

Years Playing: 25.4
Courses Played: 296
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 139 Times in 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
As such, PDGA announced sanctioning can resume in Norway, Iceland, Lithuania, and the Czech Republic. I imagine India, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania and Indonesia have more pressing needs than to worry about sanctioned tournaments right now.
The PDGA should allow sanctioning everywhere. Leave it up to tournament directors to deal with their local authorities.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
The PDGA should allow sanctioning everywhere. Leave it up to tournament directors to deal with their local authorities.
And China should have been more transparent and Trump should have acted quicker yet here we are. Bitchin' ain't fixin' it. Arkansas is good to go. Maybe take a road trip if you're desperate for sanctioned play.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 127
Niced 5,193 Times in 2,020 Posts

….and Alaska, Minnesota, & Utah.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:43 PM
Supreme Disc Golf Authority

Courses Played: 296
Niced 139 Times in 64 Posts

I’m not desperate, but just think of the children like Ricky and Paul and Simon and Paige and Cat. Think of the children! Those poor children can’t make a living anymore. Good god, how will Ricky afford to pay for the modern medicine that can cure his Lyme disease? Oh wait...

Niced: (1)
Old 05-15-2020, 08:13 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 281 Times in 129 Posts

Quote:
Can’t rule it out. Although, it’s more likely that incompetence is more to blame than a conspiracy. How’s that for your answer?
I appreciate the answer and it's nice to see you have changed your opinion as to why these lockdowns are taking place. Thinking that multiple governments around the world would hurt their own economies because of some secret agenda where they benefit from people staying inside is laughable. Sure, you can't rule it out, but I think we both have.

We both may be shepherds in regular life, but we are sheep in this situation as (presumably) neither of us is a socioeconomic virologist. It's good to fact check both sides, but we should probably side with the majority of experts.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
….and Alaska, Minnesota, & Utah.
I suppose I should be happy that golf course World's might still happen.

-sigh-
Old 05-15-2020, 08:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 127
Niced 5,193 Times in 2,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
I suppose I should be happy that golf course World's might still happen.

-sigh-
I suspect not. It's one thing to hold tournaments; another to hold tournaments that involve a great deal of travel, from many places; and with the other logistics involved in running Worlds.

But that's just a guess.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-15-2020, 09:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
I suspect not. It's one thing to hold tournaments; another to hold tournaments that involve a great deal of travel, from many places; and with the other logistics involved in running Worlds.

But that's just a guess.
I know. There was more than a smidge of optimistic sarcasm in my post. I don't really expect World's to happen and would be thrilled to watch no matter where it was held (except Vegas in late February).

Niced: (2)

Old 05-16-2020, 04:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.4
Courses Played: 250
Niced 4,156 Times in 1,467 Posts

Quote:
The PDGA is a global organization, for your information. I figured after I baited y’all into showing your shallow hands I’d get pathetic reactions just like that.
I don't even know what you are going on about. Malaria, pneumonia or diarrhoea have been running rampant in third world nations for decades. The socio-economic, cultural and economic environment of those countries, alone, provide for more than enough variable to discount the comparison. The use of African countries to have any semblance of a conversation about COVID, in this country, can only be dismissed as trolling.

This has been a pretty robust thread, and I think everyone understands the need to start the economy. I have seemed to defend the concept of saving as many lives as possible, by limiting the sick, to the capacity of the healthcare system. The real point of the lockdowns and stay at home orders. It worked.

I still have failed to see what your point is. I can only seem to take away that you think your "rights" and convenience should have no price or consequence. You really seem frightened by the faltering economy, as we all are. But, you don't really have anyone to blame. The economy is and will falter until a vaccine is developed and distributed worldwide.

I get you are frightened and you can continue to shout about your rights and what was done wrong yesterday, but the virus will march on. The success of the economy, and with saving lives, is all of us taking the science seriously and trying to do the best by all. It is not hard or that complicated. We all be altruistic, social warriors and both the economy and lives are saved, or everyone does what is best for them and we will mostly fail on both counts. I think we will see how it goes in many places across the country.....by, I say Sept/Oct. Nobody hopes I am wrong, more than me!!