Old 07-22-2020, 11:36 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 25.8
Courses Played: 136
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,645 Times in 1,316 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Vegeta View Post
So the eraser wizards are good throwers? They dont feel like they would catch the ground very well. Theyre firm.
I really don't understand what "catch the ground" means. Are you talking about landing and staying put VS. skipping?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2020, 01:04 PM

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
I really don't understand what "catch the ground" means. Are you talking about landing and staying put VS. skipping?
Yes. It may not actually matter considering the disc is pretty deep feeling. I doubt it would skip much.
Old 07-22-2020, 04:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.4
Courses Played: 88
Niced 460 Times in 245 Posts

My experience is that both organic and hemp blends all tend to lose chunks of material like I mentioned before. So they're poor throwers because sometimes when you hit a tree, you'll have a big gouge/chunk taken off the rim. You might get an abrupt change in stability, if you take a chunk off the lower part of the wing or the bead.

None of the base plastic blends will be very prone to skipping. My recommendation is to stick with plain old SS Wizards. PWP if you like it flat and firm.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-22-2020, 04:32 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 163 Times in 112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Vegeta View Post
Just bought two max weight eraser wizards. Fantastic putter. I wanted something that was firm but had a tacky grip. Ive already played a round with it and Im happy with my purchase. It also throws really well. My question is to all of the wizard aficionados, what plastic do you like to use it as a throwing putter in? I dont want to beat up my eraser ones. Thanks!
I've become a big fan of Diamond Wizards. I know people say they don't have the glide but I have no problem with throwing them on holes up to 300'. It flies how I'd expect a stable putter to fly. They hold up really well, Diamond plastic has become my preferred plastic for its ability to hold together.

Old 07-22-2020, 05:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 17
Niced 336 Times in 197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzzChief View Post
sometimes when you hit a tree, you'll have a big gouge/chunk taken off the rim. You might get an abrupt change in stability, if you take a chunk off the lower part of the wing or the bead.
This is true of any baseline plastic. Don't hit trees.

Old 07-22-2020, 05:13 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 14
Niced 55 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
My experience is that both organic and hemp blends all tend to lose chunks of material like I mentioned before. So they're poor throwers because sometimes when you hit a tree, you'll have a big gouge/chunk taken off the rim. You might get an abrupt change in stability, if you take a chunk off the lower part of the wing or the bead.

None of the base plastic blends will be very prone to skipping. My recommendation is to stick with plain old SS Wizards. PWP if you like it flat and firm.
Have you noticed much of a difference between Orgo, SS, and PWP for durability? I'm getting back into throwing Wizards and LOVE my orgo one. But it does chunk up pretty quickly, especially since some of the baskets around me are a little rocky/sandy. I haven't noticed too much stability loss, but the damage is around the rim, not by the bead.
Old 07-22-2020, 06:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysmike View Post
This is true of any baseline plastic. Don't hit trees.
Ive got my fair share of old S Wizards that have taken tons of abuse without any big gouges. My proto Fossil Scale has also beaten in to dead straight without any major issues. Seems like some base plastics can take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1discChallenge View Post
Have you noticed much of a difference between Orgo, SS, and PWP for durability? I'm getting back into throwing Wizards and LOVE my orgo one. But it does chunk up pretty quickly, especially since some of the baskets around me are a little rocky/sandy. I haven't noticed too much stability loss, but the damage is around the rim, not by the bead.
I dont have much experience with PWP, the one in my bag has gotten light use over the past year and thats it. SS is definitely more durable than Organic in my experience. Ive never kept an Organic in the bag for more than a season.

Old 07-22-2020, 07:35 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 14
Niced 55 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
I dont have much experience with PWP, the one in my bag has gotten light use over the past year and thats it. SS is definitely more durable than Organic in my experience. Ive never kept an Organic in the bag for more than a season.
Any orgos you need to get rid of?
Old 07-22-2020, 07:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

I never get rid of Wizards, they just retire to my backyard putting pile

Old 07-22-2020, 08:15 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 82
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,493 Times in 951 Posts

I was messing around and trying to see how many 20 ft putts I could sink in 1min. Which required digging out all old putters.

Was surprised to find my two old Wizards still putted really well, made putts with them very easily. If they weren’t so darn deep I might have to revisit them.