Old 06-25-2020, 07:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 921 Times in 395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lung View Post
Sounds like the Sugarbush Peak course. Not every hole is a downhill touch shot, but many are and I used to bring an entire bag of discs which I didn’t mind losing specifically for that course. I remember playing a round there before a tournament in either 07 or 08 and losing at least half a dozen discs, although by the end of the tourney they all showed up in the lost & found. From a design perspective, the base course is so much better and plays like a disc golf course should.

This has definitely got me pumped for coming up to the GMC at Smuggs over Memorial Day weekend, and I definitely need to look into playing the Magic Mtn. course on the way up or back. I have a friend who lives in Wilmington who I could crash with.

Yeah I love downhill bombs, but it’s the type of thing you mix into a course IMO. I applaud them for adding such a big course it just isn’t my cup of tea.

Wilmington! I have a surprising amount of disc friends there, Beaver Lanes is kind of like the DG misfit nation epicenter. They even take over the Haystack Golf Course once a year! The scene is kind of hidden but holy crap it is there in spades, I love this region because the golf is so good and there’s nobody in your way- ever. Meet a few people and the private places open right up for ya, it’s a whole other course map!

Also heard an Avery Jenkins designed course is going into East Dorset, and I’m anxiously awaiting final news on that- I believe it’s caught up in town politics but is advancing.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2020, 10:47 PM
Double Eagle Member

Yep, that’s perfect.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...1&d=1593139260
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11C5166E-4442-40F7-8309-CDF2686D26D2.jpg (147.4 KB, 26 views)

Old 08-11-2020, 03:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

The new Hole 15 just got featured on UDisc woohooooooo

Anybody been recently?

https://www.facebook.com/udiscapp/ph...8443792584470/

Niced: (1)
Old 08-11-2020, 04:19 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.3
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 845 Times in 407 Posts

COVID messed up all of my Vermont plans this year. :-(

It looks great though! I can't wait to play there.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:38 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanA View Post
COVID messed up all of my Vermont plans this year. :-(

It looks great though! I can't wait to play there.

Well if you could only pick one time of year to go, I'd shoot for the fall. Cooler temps make the hike a breeze and the foliage is seriously some of the best in the country. We also have one of the biggest farmer's markets in the state here in town on Saturdays FYI.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:44 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.3
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 845 Times in 407 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
Well if you could only pick one time of year to go, I'd shoot for the fall. Cooler temps make the hike a breeze and the foliage is seriously some of the best in the country. We also have one of the biggest farmer's markets in the state here in town on Saturdays FYI.
We were back there last year at the beginning of October but spent most of the time north of you. Maybe a week or two before the foliage really kicked in, but the week after we left was nothing but rain so I think we made out ok.

I grew up in Windsor and had a job delivering all over Vermont, but that was over 25 years ago. I do miss the place.

Old 08-12-2020, 10:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanA View Post
We were back there last year at the beginning of October but spent most of the time north of you. Maybe a week or two before the foliage really kicked in, but the week after we left was nothing but rain so I think we made out ok.

I grew up in Windsor and had a job delivering all over Vermont, but that was over 25 years ago. I do miss the place.

Delivering in VT must have been a trip. I can’t imagine the plight of rural delivery drivers around here, bombing bread trucks down goat path private roads and stomping through mud season ruts.
Old 09-11-2020, 01:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Attendance has really been picking up this summer. I years past it's been pretty much a ghost town but now every day there's players and weekends are actually pretty busy!

I am really hopeful that we will be hosting an X-tier doubles event this fall too. With any luck I will be able to parlay this summer into new turf tees in the spring and keep this ball rolling.

Old 09-14-2020, 08:37 AM
Double Eagle Member

Odd side question: What do other courses do with the discs they find with no number or name and that nobody ever comes back for? I'm thinking about donating them to the local middle school that I'm trying to get DG into as a curriculum after say, a 6-month hold, but I'm curious- does anybody think that's wrong? TIA for your opinions.

Old 09-14-2020, 09:34 AM
Independent Operator*

Years Playing: 24.2
Courses Played: 533
Niced 985 Times in 349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
Odd side question: What do other courses do with the discs they find with no number or name and that nobody ever comes back for? I'm thinking about donating them to the local middle school that I'm trying to get DG into as a curriculum after say, a 6-month hold, but I'm curious- does anybody think that's wrong? TIA for your opinions.

Have a box or location for lost and found discs. Have a sign on the box or where people sign in that says:

We will do our best to notify owners of lost discs. All lost and found discs that are not claimed by the end of the season (insert date here) will be donated to local youth programs.