Old 09-18-2020, 04:33 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,036 Times in 1,142 Posts

TDs not knowing the rules, top players not knowing the rules, players throwing overweight discs. . . .all very professional, or not
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2020, 11:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 159 Times in 112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehaas View Post
Dunno if anybody noticed on the skins match they kept talking about Ricky’s overweight halo destroyer.

It appears he’s using the same disc during tournament rounds?
they were talking about the destroyer Ricky hit the guy with at the silver cup series earlier in the year being the over weight one. Ricky even says that he throwing a halo now. It could also be over weight I have weight a lot of discs over the years that weigh more then marked.
Paul cares and he and Brodie were talking about in one of their pod casts that they thought for pro tour event you should have to get your discs weighed and stamped before they could be used in a round.
Old 09-18-2020, 11:31 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 1
Niced 159 Times in 112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
Terrible spot but she got super lucky she it that brick flush, so I guess it evened out.
I am always just amazed at how bad the pros are about watching each other throw so they can give accurate spots.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 312 Times in 153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by money 21 View Post
they were talking about the destroyer Ricky hit the guy with at the silver cup series earlier in the year being the over weight one. Ricky even says that he throwing a halo now. It could also be over weight I have weight a lot of discs over the years that weigh more then marked.
Paul cares and he and Brodie were talking about in one of their pod casts that they thought for pro tour event you should have to get your discs weighed and stamped before they could be used in a round.
Yeah I remember way way back in the day on the old pdga forum Dave D saying that plastic can absorb moisture over time and it’s not uncommon for discs to pick up a gram or two in weight.

I can see scaling discs for approval at something like the Japan Open, where there were weight guidelines in place for safety. Personally I get the idea, but with wider rimmed drivers with a sharper edge a sub 160 destroyer is still gonna hurt if you get hit by one.

I guess I’m torn on it...yeah discs used in sanctioned competition should fall within approved guidelines, but nobody seems to be concerned with it. Why have guidelines if they’re not being used?
Old 09-18-2020, 01:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 33
Niced 1,481 Times in 690 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by l'alcooltue View Post
real disc golf players dont concern themselves with stuff that interests dgcr.

you always have the option of getting on a lead card with him and calling him on it.
Quote:
and ricky beats them all and laughs about it.. so

I'm surprised he can even throw at all with you hanging.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-23-2020, 12:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 53
Niced 5,723 Times in 2,960 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by money 21 View Post
It might be a bit much to ask TDs to do that considering the amount of players involved and all the other things they have to get done the week of an event. Are there DGPT staff on site at tour events? ...if so, maybe the tour staff themselves should be doing that? I guess either way, the easiest way would probably be to have a table set up during practice round days to get it done so there isn't just a huge line of players waiting at a registration to weigh every possible disc they could throw at an event...

...or maybe do something like take the top5 or top10 or a random 10 of those who cashed at the end of the event. You could then dock any players that have illegal discs a percentage of prize money or something?
Old 09-23-2020, 12:46 AM
Banned

Niced 7 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post
I'm surprised he can even throw at all with you hanging.
i guess taking the natural approach his lyme disease treatment paid off.

ricky: 2
dgcr: 0
Old 09-23-2020, 01:06 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 12
Niced 9 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
It might be a bit much to ask TDs to do that considering the amount of players involved and all the other things they have to get done the week of an event. Are there DGPT staff on site at tour events? ...if so, maybe the tour staff themselves should be doing that? I guess either way, the easiest way would probably be to have a table set up during practice round days to get it done so there isn't just a huge line of players waiting at a registration to weigh every possible disc they could throw at an event...
That is pretty much what they were suggesting. The DGPT would weight discs during the week leading up to the tournament and stamp them if legal so they would be able to use the disc for the rest of the season.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-23-2020, 01:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 312 Times in 153 Posts

Quote:
i guess taking the natural approach his lyme disease treatment paid off.

ricky: 2
dgcr: 0
Except that he got chased down and passed during the last round?

Arm must’ve been worn out from throwing overweight frisbees?

Old 09-23-2020, 07:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 116
Niced 875 Times in 408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehaas View Post
Except that he got chased down and passed during the last round?

Arm must’ve been worn out from throwing overweight frisbees?
I'm not saying this to be cruel, but Ricky really did look tired in that last round. He just didn't look like he felt great. Maybe it was just me who felt that way.