Old 08-23-2020, 06:33 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25.4
Courses Played: 94
Niced 2,899 Times in 1,148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
Just to be sure, this is referring to the T2 and not the T1, right? Prodigy's site basically says that the T2 is a little more forgiving than the T1. If the T2 didn't really address that issue very well, that's a bummer. Thanks!
The T2 is much more user friendly for softer putts than the T1. IMO the T2 catches like a hybrid of the T1 and a Discatcher. (...but the T3 is the best catching basket on the market and by far the best value on the market).
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2020, 10:59 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 199 Times in 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
Just to be sure, this is referring to the T2 and not the T1, right? Prodigy's site basically says that the T2 is a little more forgiving than the T1. If the T2 didn't really address that issue very well, that's a bummer. Thanks!
I have played on T1 (chains edge), T1v2 (BRP) and T2 (airborn preserve) and none of them want to catch middle and off to the side, especially right side for a right handed player. They are good targets though! Rarely feel like I was robbed of a good putt, just gotta hit the center!

Any new “pro” basket is gonna act this way. Pros putt hard and center and it seems like a race to make the best basket for that style of putt.
Old 08-23-2020, 12:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 117
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 883 Times in 414 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
The T2 is much more user friendly for softer putts than the T1. IMO the T2 catches like a hybrid of the T1 and a Discatcher. (...but the T3 is the best catching basket on the market and by far the best value on the market).
Excellent. I'll check out the T3.
Old 08-23-2020, 10:23 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 478 Times in 296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
Does the T3 really catch that well? I think my favorite 2 targets have to be the Discatcher 28 or the Mach 5, those two are the gold standard. So if a T2 catches like those it's in good company. Unlike most I don't mind the T1 at all, for all my rounds at Spilman I think they've only ever dropped one good putt.

T3 looks like it would kick a lot though.

Old 09-23-2020, 09:41 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasissouth View Post
Does the T3 really catch that well? I think my favorite 2 targets have to be the Discatcher 28 or the Mach 5, those two are the gold standard. So if a T2 catches like those it's in good company. Unlike most I don't mind the T1 at all, for all my rounds at Spilman I think they've only ever dropped one good putt.

T3 looks like it would kick a lot though.

Yesterday I played 2 rounds on a course with Prodigy T3 baskets. First time I had ever seen them. I had absolutely no problems and they caught just as well as the Discatchers I'm used to playing on.

Visually it took some time to get used to the chain assembly design and they appeared to be a little narrower than Discatchers at first. After a few holes I didn't even notice. I think the presence of fewer chains makes you perceive a smaller basket initially.

I had one putt that hit the front chains and tip up to the dreaded cut-through angle as it went through but then caught on the backside chains. The horizontal chains seem to work well at reducing those.

Niced: (1)