Old 04-11-2016, 01:57 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 48 Times in 34 Posts
Default The Element Discs Thread

Just wanted to kick this thread off as there were a few separate threads related to the Iridium, Plutonium, and prototypes. We have made a lot of progress in the past few months and this thread can keep the full conversation going.

Thanks!
Keith
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2016, 02:02 PM
Par Member

Default Element Iridium (original proto1)

Our first disc release, the PDGA approved Iridium is a beadless putt & approach disc featuring one of the thinnest flight plates out there. The flight plate has a subtle thumb track for consistent grip/alignment every time. This versatile disc is great for putts and upshots, as well as driving off the tee. The Iridium excels as a spike hyzer bomber that stops dead in its tracks when it hits the ground.

Flight #s: Speed: 2 / Glide: 3 / Turn: 0 / Fade: 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a.jpg (57.5 KB, 21 views)
Old 04-11-2016, 02:04 PM
Par Member

Default Element Plutonium (original proto2)

Element Discs is proud to introduce its second disc to the market, the PDGA-approved Plutonium.

This stable putt and approach is a versatile putter that holds the line it is put on. When thrown flat, the Plutonium will resist turn at high speeds but also has a slow gentle fade with a soft finish. No need to worry about skipping by the basket, as the Plutonium sits down just like the Iridium. This disc is a little faster than most putters so it is perfect for those shots in between putter and mid. Also finds a place in the putting game with it's small bead and great fit in the hand.

Flight #s: Speed: 3 / Glide: 3 / Turn: 0 / Fade: 1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b.jpg (105.3 KB, 16 views)
Old 04-11-2016, 02:05 PM
Par Member

Default Element Proto3

PROTO3 - super flat OS tweener disc (approach/mid range) - projected flight #s 4,2,0,2 (or 4,3,0,2)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg c.jpg (51.3 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by kelgart; 04-11-2016 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:08 PM
Par Member

Default Element Proto4

Element Discs has entered the mid-range game with their new offering, the Proto4. This stable mid-range disc offers a shallow rim and flat flight plate. The unique convex rim feels perfect in the hand while creating a “quick release“ effect when sending the disc into flight.

Advanced players will enjoy the versatility of the Proto4. The Proto4 is a very workable disc, providing players with surprising distance and a light fade upon approach. This disc responds to turnover shots as well, holding a predictable line before releasing its light fade. Players with slower arms will find the Proto4 easy to throw with its straight flight.
Hyzer, straight, anhyzer, and sneaky roller distance. The Proto4 is a very versatile disc in any throwers bag.

Projected Flight Numbers 5,4,-2,1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (86.0 KB, 13 views)
Old 04-11-2016, 04:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 477 Times in 318 Posts

Just made my first official order through your site! Super stoked to get another Iridium, looking forward to the Plutonium, and the Instagram deal. Plus a new Vinyl to throw on the car for Faction DG! Hell, yeah!

As soon as Proto 4s are back online, I'll be pumped to try them out, as well. I love the Prodigy M4 with similar numbers and would love to replace that with a craft/Faction mold. If only they were still available today, I would have picked up the entire collection today!

Last edited by Reniger; 04-11-2016 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:33 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reniger View Post
Just made my first official order through your site! Super stoked to get another Iridium, looking forward to the Plutonium, and the Instagram deal. Plus a new Vinyl to throw on the car for Faction DG! Hell, yeah!

As soon as Proto 4s are back online, I'll be pumped to try them out, as well. I love the Prodigy M4 with similar numbers and would love to replace that with a craft/Faction mold. If only they were still available today, I would have picked up the entire collection today!

Proto4 are offline, as they are coming out of prototype phase this month and should be approved and released by the end of the month!
Old 04-11-2016, 05:35 PM
Par Member

So the deal @Reniger was referring to is available for the entire month of April -

"Pretty sweet deal this month. Buy an Iridium & Plutonium on the website, and get a free proto3! Nothing you need to do - if your order includes the 2 discs, we'll just pack the freebie in for you... Buy multiple pairs and get a free proto3 for each pair (so if you buy 3 Iridium and 3 plutonium, you'll get 3 proto3's for free)! Just go to www.elementdiscs.com"
Old 04-11-2016, 05:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 12
Niced 132 Times in 93 Posts

I keep thinking about trying out the Plutonium. What is the plastic like on it?

I am worried it would be competing with the Serpent for a spot in my bag.

Old 04-11-2016, 05:52 PM
Par Member

Our Terra Blend is pretty sweet! For reference it falls somewhere between SS and SSS, nice and grippy - I love it (of course).

I don't think it will compete with the Serpent - it has just a bit more fade on the end, and a small bead so a slightly different feel. When I carry my big bag I usually have a scale, iridium, plutonium, and serpent so I can grab whichever I want! In all seriousness though, worth checking out the Iridium and Plutonium (and get the free proto3 for doing so) and see for yourself how they fit into your game. I have found a great utility for each disc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
I keep thinking about trying out the Plutonium. What is the plastic like on it?

I am worried it would be competing with the Serpent for a spot in my bag.