Old 06-20-2017, 07:50 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 20 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
I don't think they contradict, and I'm not sure which one you are saying makes more sense, but at any rate the Door Frame Drills teach you what to feel to reachback like Will is saying, turning back inside your posture. Your head is tipping outside your posture back and forth.

I meant more that what I'm getting here on DGCR makes a little more sense. I picked up a bad habit thanks to something I misinterpreted from Will's video, and it took over a year to discover it. There's pretty much no way to lean backward that far, then spin around my center of gravity and not end up leaning forward.

One other question about the pictures you posted there. It looks like Will and Paul both have much wider stances than I do. Do I need to take bigger steps?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2017, 10:28 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 15 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoobyPls View Post
the pictures you posted there. It looks like Will and Paul both have much wider stances than I do. Do I need to take bigger steps?
No, they're able to take a long stride because they have excellent balance and timing to keep a closed posture. You'll benefit from getting your balance (weight centered) and a short stride.

I wouldn't focus on anything but swing plane if I were you. Standstill/one step throws with neutral putters until you can pull on a straight line.

Old 06-21-2017, 12:42 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 185
Niced 317 Times in 255 Posts

I think your stance just appears narrow because of the angle of your feet(too backward/not sideways enough) and stride direction(going too much left to right diagonally down teepad). You are making a more backward stride and swaying rightward, while Paul and Will are making a more lateral/sideways stride straighter into the shot.