Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > Rules Questions & Discussion

Old 08-02-2019, 10:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,172 Times in 1,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb View Post
Because requiring minis forces players to buy something additional, and the rules committee has often been packed with disc golf equipment manufacturers or people sponsored by those manufacturers.
First b3nder posts on a HOD thread and jenb comes back for a driveby...

Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 08-02-2019, 04:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 212
Niced 282 Times in 166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer93 View Post
I did not "ignore" inconsistency at all. My line of thinking was simply to use a disc versus a mini to mark your lie. If the area behind your lie is the same regardless of size of your marker, there would be no inconsistency.

BTW, I never said I wouldn't do this in a tournament situation. My thought is that it was a bit frivolous.
Sorry, I only answer this particular set of threads as if it were a tournament situation. Playing casually or unsanctioned, you can make your own rules -- we all do it. My response was ONLY intended to be about a sanctioned PDGA event situation
Old 08-02-2019, 05:51 PM
Par Delusionary

Years Playing: 45.5
Courses Played: 365
Niced 1,691 Times in 831 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb View Post
Because requiring minis forces players to buy something additional, and the rules committee has often been packed with disc golf equipment manufacturers or people sponsored by those manufacturers.
Players BUY minis?
Old 09-24-2019, 06:48 AM

Niced 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default 803.02.D.

I may be misunderstanding but can you not take Optional Relief, take one penalty throw and move your lie back along the LOP. You may think a penalty throw is not worth the benefit of throwing the same disc but in some situations that may offer a far better shot.

803.02.D. A player may elect at any time to take optional relief by declaring their intention to the group. The lie may then be relocated by marking a new lie which is farther from the target, and is on the line of play. One penalty throw is added to the player's score.
Old 10-05-2019, 08:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 212
Niced 282 Times in 166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugular View Post
I may be misunderstanding but can you not take Optional Relief, take one penalty throw and move your lie back along the LOP. You may think a penalty throw is not worth the benefit of throwing the same disc but in some situations that may offer a far better shot.

803.02.D. A player may elect at any time to take optional relief by declaring their intention to the group. The lie may then be relocated by marking a new lie which is farther from the target, and is on the line of play. One penalty throw is added to the player's score.
Yes.i think so.
Old 10-05-2019, 10:00 PM
Par Delusionary

Years Playing: 45.5
Courses Played: 365
Niced 1,691 Times in 831 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugular View Post

"Marking" means using a mini. 802.06 C "...when the lie is to be moved by rule, the player marks the lie by placing a mini marker disc in accordance with the applicable rule."

We should add "with a mini" to 803.02 D to make it more clear.

However, if you are willing to use another throw (penalty or not) to re-use that disc on the ground, why not just (legally) toss any of your other discs down and count it as a throw? While you are at it, maybe toss the second disc over to a better lie. Like somewhere around the target.

Old 10-17-2019, 07:52 AM

Niced 8 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve West View Post
"Marking" means using a mini. 802.06 C "...when the lie is to be moved by rule, the player marks the lie by placing a mini marker disc in accordance with the applicable rule."

We should add "with a mini" to 803.02 D to make it more clear.

However, if you are willing to use another throw (penalty or not) to re-use that disc on the ground, why not just (legally) toss any of your other discs down and count it as a throw? While you are at it, maybe toss the second disc over to a better lie. Like somewhere around the target.

We're in a hypothetical so, yeah, maybe. It depends.