Old 06-03-2021, 11:37 AM

Years Playing: 0.4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedlings View Post
I fixed my grip since then.
Hey, i have been using similar grip that you showed these 2 days but more like Arlyns, i push the back of the disc abit more then your old grip but still the same thing more ripping from my middlefinger. Oh man i get like 50-70 extra feet then a original power grip and finally hitted 400 feet today and i get more consistent throws abit lower aswell so i dont think its a bad grip at all.

U get more pressure from you middle and ring finger wihout being tense since the disc is stuck in the flesh/palm from the lowest finger joints in your hand especially from index and middle. Gonna try it out more, what does not work tho is using this grip as a modified fan or power grip i get way to late releases so only using it for distance.

Im intresting to hear what is your new grip, does it work out better?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2021, 08:19 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 211 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by azplaya25 View Post
He is super smooth. He also uses ground compression really well. I’ve been using this as a model as I work the one leg drill. Really shows his shift from behind and using the “single leg deadlift” to power the disc. He also keeps the disc way out in his fingers and he has insanely long fingers so I’m guessing he gets a ton of finger spring/tendon bounce

I think I just watched this 20 times in a row or more lol.
Old 06-06-2021, 10:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 29
Niced 749 Times in 428 Posts

Quote:
He is super smooth. He also uses ground compression really well. I’ve been using this as a model as I work the one leg drill. Really shows his shift from behind and using the “single leg deadlift” to power the disc. He also keeps the disc way out in his fingers and he has insanely long fingers so I’m guessing he gets a ton of finger spring/tendon bounce

For the first time today, I finally felt the finger spring/tendon bounce in my forehand throws. I was trying different wrist angles and then zing the disc just shot out. Now I need to feel it in my backhand. I’m going to try moving the disc way out in my fingers like Philo.
Old 06-06-2021, 11:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.1
Courses Played: 13
Niced 799 Times in 471 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malawi View Post
Hey, i have been using similar grip that you showed these 2 days but more like Arlyns, i push the back of the disc abit more then your old grip but still the same thing more ripping from my middlefinger. Oh man i get like 50-70 extra feet then a original power grip and finally hitted 400 feet today and i get more consistent throws abit lower aswell so i dont think its a bad grip at all.

U get more pressure from you middle and ring finger wihout being tense since the disc is stuck in the flesh/palm from the lowest finger joints in your hand especially from index and middle. Gonna try it out more, what does not work tho is using this grip as a modified fan or power grip i get way to late releases so only using it for distance.

Im intresting to hear what is your new grip, does it work out better?
I’m all over the place on grip. Two finger, 3 finger, full power, fan... it’s like whatever. But on that one from the image, I’ve splayed my fingers a bit more at a 30 degree angle.
Old 06-08-2021, 03:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 6
Niced 936 Times in 480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFrance View Post
For the first time today, I finally felt the finger spring/tendon bounce in my forehand throws. I was trying different wrist angles and then zing the disc just shot out. Now I need to feel it in my backhand. I’m going to try moving the disc way out in my fingers like Philo.
I’ve been using the two finger grip. I think I’m finally doing it correctly. It’s so similar to the 2 finger sidearm power grip. Disc is way out in the fingers, basically feels like you are just holding it with two fingers and the base of your thumb. Disc is only touching your hand where the middle and index finger meet. Here’s a post I found that describes the balance you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
If you use Bratten’s 2 finger grip and lift the tip of your thumb up then the base of the thumb should be holding the pressure on the top, and you should be able to take the index finger off the rim as well and basically hold the disc between the middle finger and base of the thumb. Need to find the right disc angle in your hand for this control.

Niced: (2)

Old 06-08-2021, 03:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.1
Courses Played: 13
Niced 799 Times in 471 Posts

Quote:
I’ve been using the two finger grip. I think I’m finally doing it correctly. It’s so similar to the 2 finger sidearm power grip. Disc is way out in the fingers, basically feels like you are just holding it with two fingers and the base of your thumb. Disc is only touching your hand where the middle and index finger meet. Here’s a post I found that describes the balance you need.
Yes, and it makes me slow everything down or else the disc slips out early. I can’t grip as tight. As a result the slower swing can often/sometimes help accuracy. So, if I want an accurate backhand, I will 2 finger a less stable disc and throw with less power.

Well, at least I do it once in a while. I think about it, but then power grip and rip it into a tree trunk anyway. Afterwards I think ‘next time I’ll two finger and down’... <rinse, repeat>

Niced: (1)