Old 06-01-2021, 11:59 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 285 Times in 183 Posts

It’s both simple and also the most complicated thing to understand without prior knowledge.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 06-10-2021, 08:23 PM
Eagle Member

Hey guys, little update from me. Lots of learning recently! And a drill to help with swinging / moving laterally. I’ve been going about it all wrong. Don’t miss or forget the absolute basics, like hitting the disc / release point. I get crush the can now!

So yeah, I’m kind of learning to swing again but not really because I have all the information in my head on how it works. Just applying it to a different task.

FH comes out on crazy hyzer but I feel like it has potential now!

Today I realized my posture needed tweaking and I’m feeling the lower body better than before with wat more room to move/swing. Vid is showing old posture then new (over toes more)

Would massively appreciate where to go from here and what to work on. Thanks erryone!

Niced: (3)
Old 06-10-2021, 10:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 246
Niced 5,646 Times in 3,334 Posts

The last BH vid looked good, no over top.

I think you are too wide/deep from door frame. Front tippy toes should be right inline with edge of door frame to trajectory. So your disc is staying too wide and not coming in behind your elbow/bicep into a deeper power pocket. Your elbow(shoulder) starts moving to the right from the beginning of the throw, so the disc doesn't really get a chance to swing in and lag behind it. My elbow actually moves to the left a little with the shoulder more stable/closed as the elbow leads forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu4CzVnITlo#t=8m23s

Old 06-11-2021, 03:36 PM
Eagle Member

Thanks man! Yeah I think I was too careful of tipping/leaning past the rear leg when shifting, like you said once you need to realign your spine ready to catch on front side.

It feels like I can pretty much just walk / step whilst facing backwards and then once the weight shifts the upper body just gets flung around, and I toss/direct the disc to the hit point like throwing a club out and pinch down hard at release. is that the correct feel?

I’ll use my front toes as a reference point for where the swing should take place

Old 06-12-2021, 02:57 PM
Eagle Member

“There are several ways to “get” this weight transfer ideal. Some like to think of shifting their center of gravity (belly button area) to the right and left and others imagine a lower spine shifting from right to left in a “wrecking ball” or “church bell” type of image. With both of these images, the top of the spine (swing center) remains in a fixed position, acting as a fulcrum for the swing in a pendulum type motion. The head may move some but will not move in such a way that the movement becomes metronome like. In fact, the quieter you can keep your swing center, the better the contact. The hips do not only turn…if you do this, your head will likely sway. If you tilt the hips up and down and then turn, you will have completed this compound pivot and be in an ideal position to throw the club at the ball, around a circle with your hands…a most athletic motion, in my opinion. Throwing sounds and feels better than pulling or pushing….supple quickness, not rigid slowness. To throw, you must move…step and throw. “

That’s some gold SW, thankyou!

Old 06-13-2021, 02:05 PM
Eagle Member

I think I’m getting it now, or def close to getting something. I think my pre swings always felt good because I had that little bit of extra time to get braced up as I wasn’t trying to hurl the disc as hard. But when I threw I would rush and use the arm and go OTT.

It’s feeling different now, much longer and feeling my weight catch BEFORE I really throw at all, my rear leg gets sent forward, legs tangled a bit, which I think is good! I actually don’t think I’ve been braced on the front leg like this before (just hilarious ��)

I just can’t stop f&$&ing rounding/hugging STILL it must be posture related, because I’m definitely on the front leg before swinging now. I tried getting the elbow forward but it felt forced and weak/manipulated. When I get the offarm in tight my lead shoulder gets jacked up, which could be why I can get tge disc forward into the pocket - Blocking it or something? Got to figure out how to shift from behind get that connection AND drop the shoulder (I think?)

The pendulum should be the simplest way but I always end up swinging inside at the backswing.

Also I tried swivel stairs and it kind of feels like when you’re on the front leg you can actually swivel your rear leg behind, not so much kick but swivel. When the rear leg is ready to land it’s automatically turned the amount it should be. Feels a lot more rhythmic but also feels like im turning on the front leg kind of early.

Old 06-13-2021, 10:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 246
Niced 5,646 Times in 3,334 Posts

Somewhat better, but a little stiff/rigid/jabby and too narrow stance kind of over the top.

I would start in a wider stance and move more rhythmic and land wider toes first.

Lead the disc with your elbow on the pre-swings(and throw) and make a heavier whip to target at end. Your disc is too far below your elbow and not getting right behind it. Your swing is going downward instead of upward.

Old 06-16-2021, 02:57 PM
Eagle Member

I noticed a couple things, and put some more pieces together. Think these could be big ticket items!

Niced: (2)
Old 06-17-2021, 09:03 PM
Eagle Member

More understanding (I think)

Old 06-17-2021, 09:03 PM
Eagle Member

Maybe I’ll get to 400’ before the time I’m 40 lol