* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 38.2
Courses Played: 253
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 6,768 Times in 2,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgolfconvert View Post
LOL. Typical response for this place.
Pretty frustrating for oldmanballcon, when "this place" will not simply play along with his sad attention seeking troll game. Poor troll.
Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2021, 02:33 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 539 Times in 263 Posts

Quote:
Well then, the WDGA,. We should have different organizations running the different sides, like most all other sports do. I don't care what they call it. Just that the pro and ams should be governed by different organizations. I am sure RUPoor wouldn't mind seeing the pro side of it split off. But as it is, it hasn't, so if you care about the PDGA you should care about both sides of the game, or you probably shouldn't comment on board elections, etc.
Who died and put you in charge telling people what they should or should not do?

Sounds like you should start up the WDGA since you care so much about the project.
Old 06-16-2021, 03:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 36.2
Courses Played: 273
Niced 549 Times in 278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcinmd View Post
Who died and put you in charge telling people what they should or should not do?

Sounds like you should start up the WDGA since you care so much about the project.
I have BGC on ignore still so I only see his blabber when someone quotes him...
But he will get on that probably after he designs and starts producing his mini baskets...
You know, because that is what everyone wants...

Niced: (1)
Old 06-23-2021, 01:13 AM
Par Member

Niced 100 Times in 54 Posts

I received a reply today from the PDGA regarding David Schreff. They do not release contact or personal info for candidates but said David is an active messenger on his Linkedin profile and that PDGA will post interviews with David & other candidates soon.

Niced: (2)
Old 06-30-2021, 06:00 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 201
Niced 348 Times in 145 Posts

Terry Miller has posted video interviews with all of the PDGA board candidates on his YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/c/thediscgolfguy/videos). They range from 15 to 35 minutes. A lot to sift through.

Old 06-30-2021, 08:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.9
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 593 Times in 283 Posts

Skimmed the Schreff interview, he had a few good points. Specifically talking about filling the funnel and getting kids involved and building a base of lifelong participants. The first part of the interview seemed to focus a lot on the am side, but later he was talking about how to monetize dg. To me at least it came across as an end goal of monetizing and working backwards in order to find the path to monetizing.

Not saying thats necessarily a bad thing, but to me seems more relevant to the DGPT than the PDGA.

As a comparison the Petrea interview focuses a lot on the relationship between the PDGA and local parks and rec departments. He talks about filling the funnel too, but you can tell that its purpose isnt to build a player base to use for monetization purposes.

Just a matter of what approach appeals to you.

Old 06-30-2021, 08:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 26.1
Courses Played: 127
Niced 7,110 Times in 2,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
Professionally run to globally oversee the sport, not just for those who play for cash.
Quote:
LOL. Typical response for this place.
Sorry, BGC, but it's not a snark -- it's a fact.

You've misread the name; "professional" is an adjective modifying "organization". It's a professional organization of disc golf, not an organization of professional disc golf. That's not a dodge; that's the intent.

Once upon a time, the membership was polled on the option of a name change, and chose to keep it.

Until recently, the distinction between "pro" and "am" was pretty meaningless; an artificial break between how prizes are awarded to different divisions. That's still true for the great bulk of "professional" players, though perhaps we're getting a small core of top players who can actually be considered "pros".

In the meantime, welcome to disc golf -- a fringe sport/game still small enough to have a single, global organization.

Old 06-30-2021, 01:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 4
Niced 1,048 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aredoubles View Post
Terry Miller has posted video interviews with all of the PDGA board candidates on his YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/c/thediscgolfguy/videos). They range from 15 to 35 minutes. A lot to sift through.
Ive managed to listen to four interviews this morning.

Of the four Ive heard so far, I think there are some good people looking to be involved in the organization. I will listen to the rest as time permits.
Old 06-30-2021, 01:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 11
Niced 2,493 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmxer View Post
Ive managed to listen to four interviews this morning.

Of the four Ive heard so far, I think there are some good people looking to be involved in the organization. I will listen to the rest as time permits.
Anything noteworthy stand out to you?

Old 06-30-2021, 04:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 4
Niced 1,048 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
Anything noteworthy stand out to you?
Resume wise, Schreff really stands out if your mindset is to see DG become much more visible to the non DG public.

I honestly dont know what I want as I listen to these interviews and consider what i think is realistic. Actually reading up a bit on the PDGA before picking board members to vote for.