Old 01-13-2021, 09:33 AM

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 202
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 25 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
The courses themselves have a LOT to do with it.

My body could handle ten Chicago 9'ers a day... if they're flat, compact and easy to navigate. And the local traffic allows it..

But start hitting more demanding courses that are longer and have lots of elevation, and you're lucky to manage 3/day.

At 55 my body can handle 3 x 18's/day, if they aren't too hilly and long. If they're long with lots of elevation, I can do 3, but feel it the. next day (sometimes even later the same day)...which kinda keeps me from getting 3 the next day.

For me 2/day is very sustainable for trips.
3 /day only sustainable for a few days.

But for me, it's more about which courses I can bag, rather than how many. I break up my drives by hitting what I think are the best, new to me, courses along my route, which are usually the type of courses that slow you down. Occasionally I mix in a pitch and putt 9'er if it's convenient/ just for fun, but those aren't the reason I travel for DG.

The trick is to find whatever course bagging recipe works for you, and season to taste.

FYI - UDisc scorekeeping app with it's in app navigation... really helps you get around bigger or tougher to navigate courses way easier/quicker than printed maps. I'd really like to see Tim improve DGCR's scorekeeping app with that sort of functionality,as well as ability to easily select tee and basket positions or change distance for each hole. I'd be more than willing to pay the $5/yr UDisc charges for that.
I hit my milestone this year of reaching 200, with only a handful of 9 holers! I try to find the best and most difficult courses too thanks to all of you trusted reviewers. This "bagging" started a few years back when I hit the Mason County (MI) courses, Beauty, Beast, and Goliath, and then trekked across town to hit up Leviathian. Part of the fun is seeking out the courses, seeing the sights on the way there, and taking in the true beauty of playing all of these different courses and what they all have to offer. Been playing for 7 years and just turned over the calendar to reach 63 yrs. young. "What an addictive sport"!
Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2021, 05:49 PM

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 458
Niced 18 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post

But for me, it's more about which courses I can bag, rather than how many. I break up my drives by hitting what I think are the best, new to me, courses along my route, which are usually the type of courses that slow you down. Occasionally I mix in a pitch and putt 9'er if it's convenient/ just for fun, but those aren't the reason I travel for DG.

The trick is to find whatever course bagging recipe works for you, and season to taste.
These are my thoughts, as well. Though I should add that I started making it a point to play in states I had never played in before after a friend looked at my list and pointed out that I was getting close having courses played in all 50.