Old 01-12-2021, 01:18 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 6
Niced 57 Times in 41 Posts

If 9 people donate 200 dollars you are on track for the city to be able to cover the rest of the cost for some quality, permanent baskets.

Or get as many of the local disc golfers to chip in twenty bucks that will... the cost of one or two discs.

Or have some type of charity raffle... Super Bowl numbers pot...etc..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2021, 02:55 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 362 Times in 216 Posts

How about getting sponsors for each hole? X dollars to cover the basket, tee pad, and tee sign...your name will be on the sign for the hole you are sponsoring. Have an example of a tee sign, so the possible sponsor can see how their name will be displayed.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-12-2021, 04:19 PM

Niced 13 Times in 6 Posts

I will take all these great ideas back with me, thanks for all of the input!
Old 01-13-2021, 02:59 PM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 341
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,972 Times in 2,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmandiscer View Post
I would look at craigslist and even put a listing out that you want nine Used Mach 5's or whatever. Courses often upgrade to new baskets so if you can find a used set that is the way to go. They will last longer then any cheaper option that is new.
But those "normal" sized baskets...

Old 01-13-2021, 03:04 PM
Size Queen

Niced 239 Times in 159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
But those "normal" sized baskets...
I know it sucks! I think you meant Giant baskets though.
Old 01-13-2021, 03:35 PM

If anyone wants to check out the course we now have, it is Ralph Dean Park, Virginia. All you have to do is read the reviews and pictures and you will see why we are trying to do something different. In the parks defense I am sure it was definitely installed as an afterthought and with the thinking of very little play. I think we have played it more in 6 months than it has been played in the total time it has been there. I hope to be able to post good news soon!

Niced: (2)
Old 01-13-2021, 03:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 0.9
Courses Played: 4
Niced 574 Times in 283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfitz View Post
If anyone wants to check out the course we now have, it is Ralph Dean Park, Virginia. All you have to do is read the reviews and pictures and you will see why we are trying to do something different. In the parks defense I am sure it was definitely installed as an afterthought and with the thinking of very little play. I think we have played it more in 6 months than it has been played in the total time it has been there. I hope to be able to post good news soon!
you are doing good stuff. Hope you get it worked out.

Regarding your existing course--little anecdote. Nearby 18 hole course is also a popular park for walkers/dog walkers and people that seem to want to "hang out". There are a few pavilions and picnic tables, but it is a DG course first and foremost. No playgrounds or anything like that.

Anyway, I was on my second throw on 16. I'm about 150' from a clump of trees hiding the basket. Playing by myself, I was throwing multiple discs. I was about to throw my second disc when this girl (~18ish?) walks directly through my line towards the parking lot. She's got a hoodie pulled over her head and a headset on (music or phone call?). She's about 75' away. I didn't mind waiting--it's a public park. But, she was oblivious to the world around her. Never looked my way until she was clear and I threw my disc. Not sure why that caught her attention but she glanced back over her shoulder after I threw.
Old 01-17-2021, 11:07 AM

Here is an example of a hole concept, 339 feet to the basket all downhill. We are trying to use the land features and not have flat boring holes. I love how you are staring at our surrounding mountains off the tee box (the road is just an access road for park maintenance, it is hardly ever used). We already had one of our group land it about 15 feet from our proposed basket location! Thank you glassila for your help!

Old 01-18-2021, 08:49 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 45
Niced 44 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnocentCrook View Post
Tone poles are always an option. Not ideal, but it can get people playing the course at least. Then as funds come available, upgrade to real baskets.
First time I came upon a DG basket 4-5 years ago, I had no clue what the heckin they were, some type of pagan altar, maybe? I imagine in many areas tone poles will have even more that effect, even amongst casual DG players. People might think it's some type of art installation, lol