Old 01-20-2021, 06:28 PM
Size Queen

Niced 239 Times in 159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle pennybags View Post
I just misremembered the announcement. Looking back is says partnership, not ownership.

The point is why not consolidate all this live scoring into one system that will allow users to track their own stats. Some people like stats.

Plus if the app backend is robust enough each player with the app could track their own score, but see the whole card at any given time. That would be great. The only downside I can think of is low signal areas. (and crotchety people with no cell phone! )
It's a work in progress. Matt is coming up with updates and new features all the time.

I agree it's not perfect yet. I know it would be nice if anyone on the card could keep score. I imagine that feature will come eventually along with others.
Sponsored Links
Old Yesterday, 12:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 362 Times in 175 Posts

I think a big part of things is what the TD is trying to accomplish with the event.

Is it a matter of simply selling out to help ensure they don’t take a loss? Is it to have the reputation for a highly competitive field? Or something else?

If I’m the TD and my event sells out each year that quick I think I’d take steps to try to put together the most competitive field possible. At that point demand far outweighs supply...so why not showcase the exclusivity and turn it into an invitational...

There are a few different ways you could structure that.
Old Yesterday, 07:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25.6
Courses Played: 127
Niced 5,931 Times in 2,282 Posts

In my own case, it would be "...or something else".

But for a TD wishing to have the most competitive field, the PDGA's "first come" rules prevent an invitational, except I believe you can structure one with qualifier events. Or get a waiver; I recall some events in the past have tiered registration by rating.

Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM
Size Queen

Niced 239 Times in 159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
In my own case, it would be "...or something else".

But for a TD wishing to have the most competitive field, the PDGA's "first come" rules prevent an invitational, except I believe you can structure one with qualifier events. Or get a waiver; I recall some events in the past have tiered registration by rating.
Worlds and USDGC are qualifiers/invitational.