Old 04-22-2016, 06:45 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 11 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainoutStar View Post
Daggers to Atoms seems like a huge jump for in the circle putting, I can't think of much that's slower, glidier, and deeper than a Dagger, or faster and shallower than an Atom. Out of curiosity, do you change your putting styles when switching between the two?
I know, it sounds crazy. I've been using the Atom for approaches and long putts and the distance where I want to throw it has gotten shorter and shorter. Maybe because it's been windy lately. Anyway, I've been pretty much a push putter but my results have been so bad lately I'm trying to shake things up.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2017, 02:22 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 1
Niced 1,184 Times in 601 Posts

So I've tossed the Proton Atom around for two rounds. Unfortunately, I no longer have the Electron Atom to compare it to.

From what I remember of the Electron, this premium version seems a bit faster, but with a smidge of glide taken away. (I'm not even sure if that makes sense, it just doesn't seem as floaty) It'll hold a steep hyzer, but if the hyzer is more shallow, it wants to flip a bit when thrown at longer distances (up to 200). Annys will hold to the ground, which is similar to the Proxy.

Speaking of the Proxy, I've been saying that the Atom and Proxy were basically the same disc, but in different plastics. So I threw the P Atom against a Plasma Proxy for several tosses. There honestly aren't many noticeable differences. The Proxy had a bit more glide, but perhaps that can be attributed to the plastic. (I don't have a Proton Proxy to compare) Stability was very similar, and they both landed side by side on most throws.

I have to say that this was a surprise release from MVP. I would have thought they'd go with the Electron Anode, and maybe even forgo this mold due to it's similarities with the Proxy. It's definitely a solid offering though, and Atom throwers will love having their favorite putter in a premium option.

Niced: (2)
Old 01-25-2017, 05:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 586 Times in 430 Posts

Proton Atoms are out this Friday, correct? Anyone else get any early and what are the colors/look? Are they still flat like the electrons?

I hope to snag a couple
Old 01-25-2017, 05:40 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 1
Niced 1,184 Times in 601 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
Proton Atoms are out this Friday, correct? Anyone else get any early and what are the colors/look? Are they still flat like the electrons?

I hope to snag a couple
The one I got is flat. I took pics with my phone, but they won't upload for some reason. The stamp (and the new Matrix is the same way) on the reverse side is like a color shifting silver and black, and looks really cool.

I'll try and use a different camera later to upload, and a Atom vs Proxy pic.
Old 01-25-2017, 05:51 PM
Par Member

Niced 44 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post

I hope to snag a couple
Yes, they come out this Friday, and yes, the Proton Atoms look just slightly more domey than the Electron versions. Electron is a touch flatter...small difference, but it is there. The colors we got here are mostly grays, blues, muted colors, plus some blanks (no stamp).

Also as a side-note, Infinite Discs will have a limited edition stamped Proton Atom only a few days later...for fans and collectors...
Old 01-25-2017, 09:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 29
Niced 208 Times in 131 Posts

I love my Proton Proxy. I wish we would get a regular release of those. I'm always worried about losing my watermelon in dangerous situations, but usually it's the disc I want to throw. Maybe I'll try a P Atom as a substitute.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:36 PM
Par Member

Niced 44 Times in 15 Posts

Infinite Discs now has a limited number ofMVP Proton Atoms with the "Atom Bomb" stamp. Only 150 made.
Note: The Atom Bomb naturally comes with nuclear "fallout" and the noses of some bombs have different levels of fallout, so look close at the disc photos :-)

Last edited by timg; 02-07-2017 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-03-2017, 12:54 AM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd@InfiniteDiscs View Post
Infinite Discs now has a limited number of MVP Proton Atoms with the "Atom Bomb" stamp. Only 150 made.
Note: The Atom Bomb naturally comes with nuclear "fallout" and the noses of some bombs have different levels of fallout, so look close at the disc photos :-)

What's with the quality control at MVP? My slave for chains insanity had multple drop outs. For a collector disc, I feel the stamp should have been perfect. Being my first VIP series disc, it was a complete let down. I don't know who to be more disappointed with MVP for poor stamping techniques or infinite discs for sending them out and doing nothing to correct the situation.
Old 02-03-2017, 01:15 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.5
Courses Played: 24
Niced 84 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdingy View Post
What's with the quality control at MVP? My slave for chains insanity had multple drop outs. For a collector disc, I feel the stamp should have been perfect. Being my first VIP series disc, it was a complete let down. I don't know who to be more disappointed with MVP for poor stamping techniques or infinite discs for sending them out and doing nothing to correct the situation.
This one, as far as I can tell, was done that way on purpose. Was the insanity one made specifically for infinate vip? Or was it a mvp stamp that infinate got a bunch of for it? If that latter my guess is they bought all of the dropout ones from mvp before they stamped factory second on them.

Edit: infinate vip is not what I thought it was (loot crate for discs). So...idk.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:20 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 25
Niced 71 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdingy View Post
Is MVP actually doing the stamping on these?