Old 06-03-2017, 11:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.4
Courses Played: 125
Niced 3,430 Times in 1,502 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDABRUSH View Post
maybe, not sure. The question is, did he do anything on the "Reasons to get pulled list". Giving it a low ranking isn't on there. There have been too many with a 3 or 4 disc difference from the rating that were allowed to remain. On the management, they sounded full of spite. Only time will tell. It would be great if he would have recorded it so we could hear their little pre-round routine as it unfolded. Oh well.
I'll bet it does....the review is spite. The rating clearly is.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2017, 11:18 PM

Courses Played: 10
Niced 21 Times in 10 Posts

I live down the street. It's now $20 per person per day. Play all you want that day. They have 4 layouts so it's worth it IMO. It's private. Think of the conversation on this site about the people who own the courses breaking even at best. If they can make a living on this, then awesome for them. I'm lucky to have a quality free course close by too so maple Hill is just going to be less frequently​ played (probably one of their goals with this price hike) and those who are there are able to enjoy it with less traffic.

I've heard a bunch of people complaining about it locally and i get it. It's been a free sport for the most part and that's part of the appeal. But if one amazing course (and it is just one course and it is pretty dang amazing) charges $20 or even more, I for one think it's great for the sport. Imagine a $50 course. I mean one that you'd pay that much for. It looks pretty darn cool in my imagination and I look forward to the day when an investor would be willing to make it happen.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-03-2017, 11:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 58
Niced 242 Times in 145 Posts

If someone was paying me $20 to play a round, I would view them as a customer, not as a nuisance. They could have said "Don't throw any of your favorite discs on the water holes because we don't allow people to go into the water. Good luck and stay dry guys". In the end, all he can do is not go back and maybe tell some friends. Maybe someone was just having a bad day. 20 bucks isn't that much for a course rated as highly as Maple hill. With that many reviews, a course rating is pretty accurate.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.9
Courses Played: 2
Niced 1,592 Times in 906 Posts

I wonder if their foot traffic is so high that they want to lower via cost?

It's also supply and demand. If they are getting players at that price, good on them. I don't buy iPhones for the very reason that for me they are over priced. Clearly, others disagree.

Old 06-04-2017, 12:52 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.6
Courses Played: 154
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 619 Times in 261 Posts

Maple Hill has 88 reviews. Only one (this one) gives it less than 2 discs. Only one other gives it less than 3. That's just not fair to the course, or those looking to play it, although most on this site are going to take those 2 reviews with a boulder of salt anyway.
Old 06-04-2017, 02:20 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 410
Niced 752 Times in 274 Posts

I read the review before seeing this thread.

although i didn't agree with the rating, i do agree with the notion that costumer service on a pay to play course is important.

I've seen lots 1/2 point reviews on good courses that weren't taken down, although none as grand as this one appears to be. (Maple Hill is on my wish list) Its funny to note, that the 1/2 point ratings were usually for disc losing possibilities or costumer service.

There's information in that review (costumer service) that you wont find anywhere else. So even though i disagree with the review score, i'm glad to have read the info he/she provided.

Old 06-04-2017, 03:39 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 106
Niced 102 Times in 65 Posts

Customer service is make or break if you are looking to make money, or at least break even. You can have the best product in the world and lose if you have bad customer relations and service. My wife grew up in that area, and a lot of her family is in the region, and some right near Maple Hill. I have it wishlisted, and have been looking forward to playing it whenever we get over that way and have some time to spare. Now, I will be watching this thread, and be cautious. I would want to visit Marshall St. and play Pyramids, and Newton Hill sounds like a good course for me ("This is an intermediate player's dream."). Ya know what, those two courses are enough, forget Maple Hill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
Bad strategy. If he'd given them a 3.0, the review would probably stay up. As it is, only a few of us will be lucky enough to see it.
I used snipping tool on it, and saved it.
Old 06-04-2017, 03:44 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 17
Niced 78 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyleoross View Post
I wonder if their foot traffic is so high that they want to lower via cost?

It's also supply and demand. If they are getting players at that price, good on them. I don't buy iPhones for the very reason that for me they are over priced. Clearly, others disagree.
Correct. They have enough members paying for a year pass these days, they don't want those members showing up on the weekend and feeling like they're at borderland.

Old 06-04-2017, 03:49 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 17
Niced 78 Times in 42 Posts

Also, I've never been yelled at for fishing a disc out of the edge of the water, or seen anyone else yelled at either. What WILL get you yelled at or kicked out is actually going in the water to get something you can't reach with a long stick or a golden retriever

Old 06-04-2017, 07:19 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 33.5
Courses Played: 359
Niced 103 Times in 53 Posts

That review deserves to be deleted, it's simple not fair to Maple Hill. I'd gladly pay the $20 since it's my favorite course. For me just getting there 5 hours away cost way more than that in gas, tolls and food.