Old 04-26-2018, 10:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 588 Times in 431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Hey thanks for the in depth review.... That's a long one that I'm happy to read every word, I appreciate it. Sounds like I'm going to be pretty happy with the Atom when I get it... I know what you mean about the Envy, the latest putters they are offering are awesome.. It is always tempting..
The Neutron Atoms I got are extremely flat - profile-wise All atoms are about the same, but for flight and profile feel - the Neutron feels very similar to the Electron Firm. And its laser straight. I kinda like that, as it flies exactly like a fresh electron firm, but won't wear in like electron. I'm happy my Protons are noticeably more overstable, that way I have a little variety if I need it. Yeah I think everyone will be happy with the neutron atoms - they are the new 'best disc ever' I think. I compare the Atom now to the Buzzz 10-15 yrs ago. It's the disc that EVERYONE can use and everyone uses it a lot. Its straight, comfortable in the hand and overall just great. I'm a little surprised more people don't use it. In my area I think I've seen 1 or 2 other people use an atom. oh well, their loss
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2018, 11:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 5
Niced 758 Times in 529 Posts

I'm even more pumped up now that laser straight putter/ mid slot is the one I'm trying to fill. If it is flying like a short Buzzz that's excellent!
I liked what Graham was doing with em + the stamp= gotta try em.

I had some friends from Nanaimo come down to play a month ago, it was cool but I got the sense that they were kind of against MVP they'd tell me there was an "overmold" here and it sounded kinda snotty. It was one of very few experiences I've had where people are prejudiced against em.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 823 Times in 563 Posts

I have been slowly accumulating MVP/Axiom discs over the years, and can now make a pretty complete bag. Shot a pretty good score for me last week with that line up. The only thing I really feel I miss is in the max distance category. I just really miss Terns/Shryke/Destiny I guess. Waves are great, but the MVP uniformity is somewhat of a curse. They fly too much alike lol. I feel like the molds to the left of Wave are too OS for me. Would love to be in a shop with a stack of them to compare. May work on getting more in the Octane/Catalyst class. Seems to me the Axiom molds never come out as US as described, so those haven't worked out for me. The Defy is a meathook, and I probably went too light on my Vanish for a downwind bomber. This is just for fun/change of pace anyway.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 1
Niced 144 Times in 100 Posts

recently i have done the same moving into a all mvp/axiom bag. I am old amd moved down to throwing 150 class for any thing over speed 6 and the mid 160's for slower stuff (except putting putters 172). I feel like the mvp 150 discs fly closer to what the heavier discs fly like for bigger arms.

Niced: (2)
Old 04-26-2018, 02:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 42
Niced 67 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
I'm even more pumped up now that laser straight putter/ mid slot is the one I'm trying to fill. If it is flying like a short Buzzz that's excellent!
I liked what Graham was doing with em + the stamp= gotta try em.

I was a huge Buzzz guy years ago. The Atom for me scratches that itch big time, just obviously with a little less distance. What a great mold.

Recently I've been using them for a lot of forehands too which has really jazzed up that part of my game.

Old 04-26-2018, 03:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 122
Niced 565 Times in 346 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcr_russell View Post
I was a huge Buzzz guy years ago. The Atom for me scratches that itch big time, just obviously with a little less distance. What a great mold.

Recently I've been using them for a lot of forehands too which has really jazzed up that part of my game.
I have a habit of flicking my Proxy on holes under 300' after I throw my real shot. Half the time it ends up better than the first throw

The Proxy and Atom are surprisingly controllable for me on 200-250' flicks.

Old 04-26-2018, 04:14 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 27 Times in 17 Posts

I'm back with a little update on my MVP endeavors. I received my 178 Neutron Vector, and a 174 Proton Volt in the mail, and grabbed a firm electron Atom, and a 168 Neutron Photon from the used bin at my local pro shop for $5 and $7 respectively.

The Vector looks and feels a lot like a roc, but I haven't fully figured out how it flies yet. It definitely seems less stable than most Rocs. Though it has no real turn, I have to power it down do have it fly with the fade of a rancho roc. On a nice power shot this thing just goes so far on that straight line before fading, similar to an Emac Truth in flight. 5-5-0-2

The Volt I have is puddle topped, fairly stiff red proton plastic, and this thing is beefy. it's no firebird or anything, but it's more stable than my 169 blue eternal 2nd run Alpha. wants to go about 275 then fade decently hard. seems like it would handle a decent wind, haven't had the chance to throw it enough to know for sure. 8-4-0-2.5

The Atom is my favorite other than the Tangent I have. For putting I love the firm Electron, I like the low profile compared to my Voodoos, it fits well in the hand and seems to come out with less wobble on my hyzer spush putts. for throwing this thing is like the tangent with even less fade. I haven't thrown it on too many hyzers, but flat it just kind of goes laser straight unless there's a lot of air under it, then it holds a slight drift right to the ground. holds turnovers well. 2-3--0.5-0

And the Photon. It feels like the same rim width as my wraiths, it has a similar very flat profile to my wraiths, but my god is that wing sharp. It feels like holding onto a steak knife or something, I'm probably gonna have to gently sand the rim flashing down. in flight this thing holds hyzers well, on good rips it'll flip just a smidge, I probably don't have the arm to be getting a full blows S-shot out of this disc. it's nice for fairway skip shots and downhill rips. 12-4-0-3

I'm hearing good things about the Relay, and since my new MVP bag doesn't have an understable driver I think that's going to be the disc I persue next. I'm enjoying all this testing so far.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-26-2018, 04:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 122
Niced 565 Times in 346 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alzyurpalz View Post
I'm back with a little update on my MVP endeavors. I received my 178 Neutron Vector, and a 174 Proton Volt in the mail, and grabbed a firm electron Atom, and a 168 Neutron Photon from the used bin at my local pro shop for $5 and $7 respectively.

The Vector looks and feels a lot like a roc, but I haven't fully figured out how it flies yet. It definitely seems less stable than most Rocs. Though it has no real turn, I have to power it down do have it fly with the fade of a rancho roc. On a nice power shot this thing just goes so far on that straight line before fading, similar to an Emac Truth in flight. 5-5-0-2

The Volt I have is puddle topped, fairly stiff red proton plastic, and this thing is beefy. it's no firebird or anything, but it's more stable than my 169 blue eternal 2nd run Alpha. wants to go about 275 then fade decently hard. seems like it would handle a decent wind, haven't had the chance to throw it enough to know for sure. 8-4-0-2.5

The Atom is my favorite other than the Tangent I have. For putting I love the firm Electron, I like the low profile compared to my Voodoos, it fits well in the hand and seems to come out with less wobble on my hyzer spush putts. for throwing this thing is like the tangent with even less fade. I haven't thrown it on too many hyzers, but flat it just kind of goes laser straight unless there's a lot of air under it, then it holds a slight drift right to the ground. holds turnovers well. 2-3--0.5-0

And the Photon. It feels like the same rim width as my wraiths, it has a similar very flat profile to my wraiths, but my god is that wing sharp. It feels like holding onto a steak knife or something, I'm probably gonna have to gently sand the rim flashing down. in flight this thing holds hyzers well, on good rips it'll flip just a smidge, I probably don't have the arm to be getting a full blows S-shot out of this disc. it's nice for fairway skip shots and downhill rips. 12-4-0-3

I'm hearing good things about the Relay, and since my new MVP bag doesn't have an understable driver I think that's going to be the disc I persue next. I'm enjoying all this testing so far.
Try giving the Vector some hyzer. They're funny that thrown flat they want to hold that release angle until they slow down, but given some hyzer they can fly some pretty hard curving lines. I feel like to a degree release angles affect overmolded discs more than similarly shaped discs with no overmold, but I have nothing but conjecture to back that up. Either way I'm surprised yours compares to a Truth, the truths I tried were more understable than my Axis.

Volt & Atom sound perfectly normal.

Photons show hardly any turn for me even at 500-550', unless they are <165g fissions, and even then it's not a drastic S curve or anything. I'd liken them to a faster T-Bird.

Relay sounds like a good fit. Good luck!
Old 04-26-2018, 06:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 42
Niced 67 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
I have a habit of flicking my Proxy on holes under 300' after I throw my real shot. Half the time it ends up better than the first throw

The Proxy and Atom are surprisingly controllable for me on 200-250' flicks.
Electron Atoms are a blast inside 260-70' for me on touchy forehands, and Ive had a few 300-320' ace runs with particles lately too. Hopefully I can keep that up and it'll be just as much a signature part of my game as the stand and deliver.

Old 04-26-2018, 10:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 52
Niced 4,299 Times in 2,279 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcr_russell View Post
Electron Atoms are a blast inside 260-70' for me on touchy forehands, and Ive had a few 300-320' ace runs with particles lately too. Hopefully I can keep that up and it'll be just as much a signature part of my game as the stand and deliver.
We need a GCR LE stamp....

..or maybe

Closed Thread