Old 01-28-2019, 03:41 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 129 Times in 55 Posts

When your here its like a community. Before i was volunteering i was up here as a golfer and this dude showed up in a school bus he converted into an RV. He lived in Michigan and just got done touring the disc golf am tour. We had 7 guys that year and he played and partied with us the whole time and held his own better than his doubles partner. It was an absolute blast and good memories made.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 01-28-2019, 08:49 PM
**Stickin'Putts**

Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 573
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 198 Times in 82 Posts

HBH is magical. It's all of Jokinen's tomfoolery and his "aw shucks" chicanery that has killed the place over the years.

The golf is soooo good.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:57 PM
**Stickin'Putts**

If this complex (word intended) doesn't resurrect, I'm SO glad that I got a round in at Blueberry over Thanksgiving last year.

John was just sitting there in his truck waiting for someone to give him $10 (which I did).

I was a little worried about hunters and he was kind enough to give me an orange (oil stained/smelly) dry fit to put on. That was nice of him. I mean that.

Then he drove off. I presumed to buy breakfast with my $10.

Blueberry was great and I made sure I appreciated every moment of it, since I knew it could be my last time playing it.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:02 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 46
Niced 129 Times in 55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyCritters View Post
If this complex (word intended) doesn't resurrect, I'm SO glad that I got a round in at Blueberry over Thanksgiving last year.

John was just sitting there in his truck waiting for someone to give him $10 (which I did).

I was a little worried about hunters and he was kind enough to give me an orange (oil stained/smelly) dry fit to put on. That was nice of him. I mean that.

Then he drove off. I presumed to buy breakfast with my $10.

Blueberry was great and I made sure I appreciated every moment of it, since I knew it could be my last time playing it.
Ya all the baskets are pulled. Half are sold and the other half held for ransom..
Old 01-28-2019, 11:03 PM
**Stickin'Putts**

So sad. Just so, so sad.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:29 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 430
Niced 93 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecoin View Post
As a disinterested casual observer, my thoughts are as follows.

Why would you want to go through all this drama and BS? Just sell what you have at that place and buy another chunk of land somewhere else that's well suited to disc golf. Yeah, it'd be a lot of work but I'd rather have a lot of work than a lot of mentally challenged people sabotaging my efforts.

I just don't get it.
HBH is the greatest collection of courses in the world, IMHO. They hold design value, aesthetic value, and historic value that can't be replicated elsewhere. They're so good that my significant other and I read this thread in its entirety, decided that the superlatives written about the courses outweighed the associated drama, and drove 12 hours from SW Ohio just to play them. We liked everything so much that we came back again two years later. I love Selah, the IDGC, Tyler State Park, Mason County Park, and all the other top-tier destinations out there, but Highbridge stands alone at the top of the pile. There's simply nowhere else like it.

Old 01-29-2019, 09:45 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 160
Niced 114 Times in 62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzzFlicker87 View Post
To have fairways carved through the northwoods like this would take years to complete and open. Not to mention the labor, resources, and cash. 6 courses. 3 of them have to be toward the top in yardage length in the world. Its built for pros but has somthing to offer every skill level. 300 acres of disc golf heaven with spectaular views, elevation changes, open holes, tight hallways, ace runs, a legit Par 6. Its special and could be a once a year destination course even with all the free courses out there now.
Probably more like a "Once in a lifetime destination" for some of us!!

If it does come back to life ... maybe someday.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:47 AM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 27
Niced 116 Times in 70 Posts

No question, HBH is the greatest single collection of courses and has potential.

Currently the "lodge" if you want to call it that? is a hole in the wall shed with "I smoked pot here" and "****** your sister last night" written on the walls in sharpie. Im not saying they need anything fancy but maybe clean and "respectable"? (not sure if that's a thing anymore) for such a great disc golf destination.

Just speaking for myself, I hesitate to bring my family for a day and certainly wouldn't camp there. I get the people who go with buddies want to have a good time and that's great! but for some of us with wives and children it can be embarrassing to the sport and not exactly family friendly. I'd like to see that improve and i talk to others that share similar convictions.

Old 01-30-2019, 04:18 PM

Niced 16 Times in 1 Post

Oh boy.

I sure hope things get back on the right path. We reserved an Airbnb in May. I feel fairly foolish now.

Old 02-01-2019, 12:40 AM
**SuIciDe AnKles**

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 528
Niced 743 Times in 319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarenwarren View Post
Oh boy.

I sure hope things get back on the right path. We reserved an Airbnb in May. I feel fairly foolish now.
If HBH isn't up and running, make the run to Mont du Lac instead.

Niced: (3)