Old 11-07-2018, 08:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 65
Niced 611 Times in 294 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
Yeah, I'd say you have a couple Firebirds. How many CE do you have, I see at least two.
There’s only one CE Firebird in the pictures. It’s an FL mold, so, second run. I have 3 others who died in combat on the wall. Several CE, 11X, 12X, who knows how many times are missing in action over the years.

For clarification: The first picture above ^^ is the throwable Teebird collection. The second is throwable Firebirds, minus one seasoned 12X champ I forgot to pull out.

Sorry. I’m bored tonight.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2018, 09:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 725 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.Luke View Post
Really the Thunderbird is the Teebird replacement for me. The Leo/3 is the beat Teebird replacement. As odd as it sounds, the Teebird is a backhand only disc for me. I throw Thunderbirds and Leos forehand as well as backhand.

I love Teebirds as the attached picture (my used and new reserves) will attest but we aren’t working out as well as we used to.

Perhaps I need to play a Teebird round at my home course and throw some forehands too.

Star Thunderbirds are an almost replacement for a Firebird. I’d feel guilty dropping the FB. I love them too:
I am in favor of the TB only round, they'll FH well I do better with a speed nine and up rim on my FH grip, purely a comfort zone kind of thing. I see the Thundy being a good replacement I'd you had Leos dialed in like that. And if in the end you don't bag the TB, I'll buy them......

Niced: (1)
Old 11-08-2018, 11:19 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 159
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 135 Times in 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.Luke View Post
Really the Thunderbird is the Teebird replacement for me. The Leo/3 is the beat Teebird replacement. As odd as it sounds, the Teebird is a backhand only disc for me. I throw Thunderbirds and Leos forehand as well as backhand.

I love Teebirds as the attached picture (my used and new reserves) will attest but we aren’t working out as well as we used to.

Perhaps I need to play a Teebird round at my home course and throw some forehands too.

Star Thunderbirds are an almost replacement for a Firebird. I’d feel guilty dropping the FB. I love them too:
I'm kinda in the same boat with the TeeBird. I think next year I'm gonna try to get them a bunch of reps and try to get that rapport back.

Old 11-08-2018, 11:37 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 86
Niced 292 Times in 156 Posts

I'm also with you on Teebird-style discs falling out of the bag. My driver setup for years was some version of Leopard-Teebird-Firebird-Wraith. But eventually I felt like I was leaving distance on the table by not throwing 12+ speed Destroyers, etc. Then that opened the door to control drivers (PD's) where the Destroyer was too wild or a tighter line was needed.

Over time I'm throwing the control drivers more and more; they are taking reps from both the fairways and the distance drivers. With some juice they'll go almost as far as my Destroyers/Outlaws. Powered down they'll fly the same line as a Teebird in various states of wear. I'm down to one utility Firebird and a Rival maybe half the time. Otherwise I am covering those lines with PD- and CD2-type discs.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:25 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 115
Niced 198 Times in 102 Posts

To exascerbate the thread jack, and play devil's advocate a bit......
I never carried FW drivers until the last couple of years. I was throwing a true distance driver, or a midrange. I think the disc that started me throwing FWs was probably a Stalker. When they first came out, I could throw a Buzzz as far as a Stalker. As I have gotten older, that seems less true. Now carrying Undertakers as fairways, Vultures as "Control" drivers.
As to Lukes conundrum, if it isn't hurting your back, keep the TB in.

Old 11-09-2018, 05:03 PM
Eagle Member

Ok. Obviously I need to decide on the new Superfan random drawing prize...

I haven’t given the Teebird a solo round yet. It’s raining today. Yesterday I was shoveling dirt off of washed out tee pads for a tourney this Sunday. The Teebird and Firebird will stay in (but probably remain unthrown) cause I’m not missing and shots with the remainder of my bag. I’ll give an official ITB update later this evening.

Thanks to all who are amused.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:18 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddyboots View Post
To exascerbate the thread jack, and play devil's advocate a bit......
I never carried FW drivers until the last couple of years. I was throwing a true distance driver, or a midrange. I think the disc that started me throwing FWs was probably a Stalker. When they first came out, I could throw a Buzzz as far as a Stalker. As I have gotten older, that seems less true. Now carrying Undertakers as fairways, Vultures as "Control" drivers.
As to Lukes conundrum, if it isn't hurting your back, keep the TB in.
When I started playing Teebirds were “Ultra long distance drivers” and I’m a late adopter of new disc technology. Distance drivers only come out for me at lengths over 400’ and mainly not in “the woods.” I favor fairway and control drivers for most of my drives.

No the Teebird doesn’t weigh me down and I don’t need anything in it’s place but all it does is sit there looking pretty. It doesn’t come out of the bag except to try and ace hole 17 short at my home course (I’ve aced it with a Thunderbird already ). Then it can retire.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:18 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzzChief View Post
I'm also with you on Teebird-style discs falling out of the bag. My driver setup for years was some version of Leopard-Teebird-Firebird-Wraith. But eventually I felt like I was leaving distance on the table by not throwing 12+ speed Destroyers, etc. Then that opened the door to control drivers (PD's) where the Destroyer was too wild or a tighter line was needed.

Over time I'm throwing the control drivers more and more; they are taking reps from both the fairways and the distance drivers. With some juice they'll go almost as far as my Destroyers/Outlaws. Powered down they'll fly the same line as a Teebird in various states of wear. I'm down to one utility Firebird and a Rival maybe half the time. Otherwise I am covering those lines with PD- and CD2-type discs.
I never gained distance with destroyers over my favorite overstable wraiths so I stuck with wraiths. If I was to reconfigure, I’d go Wraiths, Thunderbirds, Leopards, Rocs, Omegas, with a Mortar and some understable utility discs

Last edited by F.Luke; 11-09-2018 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Rogue apostrophe
Old 11-10-2018, 01:05 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Niced 298 Times in 193 Posts

Rockland Saturday?

Old 11-10-2018, 02:08 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasissouth View Post
Rockland Saturday?
I’m sure the dog and I will be there. C-tier on Sunday so there will be others around. It’s gonna be breezy. I’ll have to see how my tee pad shoveling handled the rain today.