Old 08-10-2012, 07:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 212
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 282 Times in 166 Posts
Default Cannon vs Rampage

Can someone who has both please post for me a side view (profile) picture of them side by side. I am trying to understand (and see) the difference between the two.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 41
Niced 699 Times in 397 Posts

On their way, but for now think of them as "X" and "L" molds, like Innova does with the Eagle for instance.

/grabs camera
Old 08-10-2012, 08:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 43
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Which one is the X and which one is the L? All mine are first run Icons, and for these it really depends on the color of the plastic on how it behaves. My Lime Cannon, is waaaay more overstable than my Blue Rampage, but my Blue Cannon is almost as flippy as a worn in katana.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Rampage is the more overstable one. Sounds like blue ones are less stable?
Old 08-10-2012, 08:47 PM

Sorry, Reddit got me I had a hard time taking good ones, here's the best two.

Rampage = red, Cannon = blue

MORE NOT SO GREAT ONES HERE!

Also, first run Rampages were Pinnacle even if they look Icon, however first run Cannons were Icon.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 177
Niced 121 Times in 75 Posts

Their manufacturer ratings, which are close to Innova's because they are ex-Innova guys, imply that the Canon is a modified Boss and the Rampage is a modified Destroyer. I have a few Canons; the fly similar to a beat Star Boss, so I am guessing their ratings are fairly accurate, at least their speed and fade ratings. I would not give the Canon a -3 turn. Either way, they rate the Rampage with a -1 turn, which again kind of implies the differences between the Boss and Destroyer.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
Their manufacturer ratings, which are close to Innova's because they are ex-Innova guys, imply that the Canon is a modified Boss and the Rampage is a modified Destroyer. I have a few Canons; the fly similar to a beat Star Boss, so I am guessing their ratings are fairly accurate, at least their speed and fade ratings. I would not give the Canon a -3 turn. Either way, they rate the Rampage with a -1 turn, which again kind of implies the differences between the Boss and Destroyer.
Where in the world did you get that from? Also, both the Boss AND the Destroyer are -1 turn...their difference is speed [rim width]
Old 08-10-2012, 09:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 177
Niced 121 Times in 75 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemyS2K View Post
Where in the world did you get that from? Also, both the Boss AND the Destroyer are -1 turn...their difference is speed [rim width]
Legacy has their numbers on the discs. As for the Boss and Destroyers, their HSS are similar but I do not care what the numbers say, the Destroyer has more fade. I do not buy that the Canon is necessarily a -3 turn but i will accept that it might have more turn than the Rampage. As for the Canon and Rampage being compared to the Boss and Destroyer, they are just approximate comparisons for lack of anything else close in Innova's lineup to compare them to.

If I remember correctly, the Legacy crew are ex-Innova guys so I am hoping that it would be a logical guess that their early molds, the ones we are seeing now, are modified discs of existing molds, or at least modifications of what they did like about Innova discs before they left.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 54
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow, grip actually has some that look different. I cant tell most of mine apart. I have a yellow icon canon that's more overstable then my pinnacle rampages. I could swear it's a mis stamped rampage.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
Legacy has their numbers on the discs. As for the Boss and Destroyers, their HSS are similar but I do not care what the numbers say, the Destroyer has more fade. I do not buy that the Canon is necessarily a -3 turn but i will accept that it might have more turn than the Rampage. As for the Canon and Rampage being compared to the Boss and Destroyer, they are just approximate comparisons for lack of anything else close in Innova's lineup to compare them to.

If I remember correctly, the Legacy crew are ex-Innova guys so I am hoping that it would be a logical guess that their early molds, the ones we are seeing now, are modified discs of existing molds, or at least modifications of what they did like about Innova discs before they left.
(for the bold) I ****ing hate how everyone jerks off to flight numbers.

I mean the Cannon literally feels like the "L" bottom from Innova, I figured the feel and flight characteristics associated with that feel would be a better gauge than, "It's like a Katana, but not really...or like a Bolt, but not really...or like a Nuke, but not really . . ."

You say you don't care about flight ratings, then say it definitely doesn't fly like it has a turn of -3 lol Not to mention you're referring to Innova's flight chart..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjskier View Post
Wow, grip actually has some that look different. I cant tell most of mine apart. I have a yellow icon canon that's more overstable then my pinnacle rampages. I could swear it's a mis stamped rampage.
That's my last Cannon I have right now, but I have a bunch of Rampages if you want me to compare some or compare different ones to that blue Cannon. Also, sunlight would have really helped me take the picture, but mother nature wasn't thinking of this thread today lol