Old 09-04-2013, 09:53 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Probably the 100th Teebird thread....

Hello All!

With a flourishing love for the Teebird, I recently decided to replace a couple of the super super beat birds in my bag with newer plastic. My old birds consisted of an extremely flippy beat to all h*ll star bird that was 177g and white, and an beat 11x which now sits in a bag on the shelf. The new birds are a 174g red star, and a 175 champion maroonish wine color. The star is noticeably under stable compared to normal in my opinion. Thrown flat it'll gracefully turn right and stay that way till the finish, and has been great for hyzer-flipping. The champion will exhibit some turn but than fade back making a beautiful s-curve. Both discs have respectively replaced my old birds perfectly, but they're literally brand new and have maybe 20 throws a piece. Has anyone else recently been getting these slightly less stable Teebirds than normal as well? Or are both of mine flukes? Just curious.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2013, 09:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 36
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Teebirds have been disappointingly like that for awhile now. However, the most recent champion runs in the Jolly Launcher plastic have been strikingly similar to the 11x CAL Teebirds in flight
Old 09-04-2013, 10:07 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Hammer!

I was getting ready to take my first throws with them today in the field, and I somewhat reminisced to my first year or so playing. The first disc I bought was a teebird and it was pretty meat hookish at the time. As I continued on though the flight only improved. It was a pleasant surprise, and caught me somewhat off guard to see both discs fly almost identically to my old ones right out of the box; somewhat expecting both to fly relatively straight and fade at the end. I can only imagine how they'll beat in. The star might become my new roller! Lol
Old 09-04-2013, 10:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 36
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Yeah the new JL Teebirds are pretty beefy. I would expect that they will beat in similarly to the 11x. Only time will tell though.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
Teebirds have been disappointingly like that for awhile now. However, the most recent champion runs in the Jolly Launcher plastic have been strikingly similar to the 11x CAL Teebirds in flight
I did not know that.
Thank you for the info!
I have a Ch 11x Tbird that has been retired for fear of loss.
Been experimenting w/ a Legacy Rival and have found that it is Tbird-ish in flight. I'll check out one of these!

Old 09-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 162
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 68 Times in 43 Posts

You gotta love those beat-to-hell 'birds. I've been looking to replace one of mine: a Champ 170 that's been in the bag for a couple years. It's beat to perfection at the moment and I feel it's only a matter of time before it gets too flippy to be useful...

I just ordered a couple Brinster 'birds and I'm hopeful the new plastic will fly nicely. In my recent experience, newer Teebirds in the Echo Star have been crazy overstable (more like a Firebird) so I'm excited to hear that some of the Star Teebirds have been cruising with the straight path and a predictable fade as I'm used to with the older runs.