#1  
Old 09-18-2013, 11:52 AM
RippinDs's Avatar
RippinDs RippinDs is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ohio
Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 150
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 45
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Points for 2014 AM Worlds

I know that there have been threads about this before, but I couldn't find the answer to my question and it wouldn't let me post in one of them cause they were too old. Anyways, do you have to earn the points in the division you wish to play? I have been playing intermediate and have over 500 points and if I went I would have to play advanced. Does this mean my 500 points to qualify have to come from me playing in the advanced division in tournaments?
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-18-2013, 11:55 AM
chopz33's Avatar
chopz33 chopz33 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: the colony, tx
Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 826
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

no, those points transfer for you to place Advanced Ams
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-18-2013, 11:56 AM
kutz167's Avatar
kutz167 kutz167 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 216
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,864
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

There is only 1 AM division at worlds that isn't age protected, and that is Advanced. If a thread is old, just click the button that says "Yes, I know this is an old thread, but I would still like to post in it."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-18-2013, 11:58 AM
scarpfish's Avatar
scarpfish scarpfish is offline
Resident Grouch
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Brownbackistan
Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 360
Posts: 8,146
Niced 734 Times in 257 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RippinDs View Post
Anyways, do you have to earn the points in the division you wish to play?
No. Am points are am points. You simply get more for each person you beat if you play in a higher division or a higher tiered tournament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RippinDs View Post
I have been playing intermediate and have over 500 points and if I went I would have to play advanced.
You should be good to go.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-18-2013, 12:18 PM
chain_ape7's Avatar
chain_ape7 chain_ape7 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 251
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Sweet man, congratulations! You'll get an invite and you'll be in a tough field. A lot of 950-999 rated players in your division. Somebody said on here that upwards of the top 20% of the field are pros playing as ams. There are endless Am Worlds bagger threads on here also for you to catch up on!!
63 out of 216 players in Advanced were 950 or above in Emporia this summer.

Good luck and c'ya in Minneapolis next year!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-18-2013, 12:55 PM
ScottyLove ScottyLove is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 221
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,290
Niced 57 Times in 32 Posts
Default

I think the only caveat is if you earn point in an age protected division, you cannot use those towards advanced. By that I mean had 507 points last year from a mix of Rec, Int., and Advance Masters. I was only qualified for Advanced Masters since 168 of those points came from a protected division. I was not allowed to signed up for Advanced (not that I would've anyway).

This year I'll qualify for both divisions... but I'll be playing Masters again.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-18-2013, 01:59 PM
dukdukgolf dukdukgolf is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: massachusetts
Courses Played: 16
Posts: 344
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyLove View Post
I think the only caveat is if you earn point in an age protected division, you cannot use those towards advanced. By that I mean had 507 points last year from a mix of Rec, Int., and Advance Masters. I was only qualified for Advanced Masters since 168 of those points came from a protected division. I was not allowed to signed up for Advanced (not that I would've anyway).

This year I'll qualify for both divisions... but I'll be playing Masters again.

I dont think it applies the opposite way at least i hope it doesnt since i plan on going. Like i have 500 in am1 and i plan on playing masters next year at worlds. I think this is fine but this post actuallly making me worry about it
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-18-2013, 02:09 PM
ScottyLove ScottyLove is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 221
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,290
Niced 57 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukdukgolf View Post
I dont think it applies the opposite way at least i hope it doesnt since i plan on going. Like i have 500 in am1 and i plan on playing masters next year at worlds. I think this is fine but this post actuallly making me worry about it
You'll be fine. It doesn't work the other way or I wouldn't have had the 200 points necessary for Master this year. Good Luck and see you in MN!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-18-2013, 02:37 PM
RippinDs's Avatar
RippinDs RippinDs is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ohio
Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 150
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 45
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chain_ape7 View Post
Sweet man, congratulations! You'll get an invite and you'll be in a tough field. A lot of 950-999 rated players in your division. Somebody said on here that upwards of the top 20% of the field are pros playing as ams. There are endless Am Worlds bagger threads on here also for you to catch up on!!
63 out of 216 players in Advanced were 950 or above in Emporia this summer.

Good luck and c'ya in Minneapolis next year!
Ya, kind of crazy the kind of players it draws, but it is more for the experience for me than actually having a legitimate shot at winning.
Reply With Quote
 

  #10  
Old 09-18-2013, 08:52 PM
zgmc's Avatar
zgmc zgmc is online now
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 831
Niced 142 Times in 75 Posts
Default

How do you qualify to play in the am worlds? I noticed that the winner this year had won cash in the open division, yet he is still allowed to play as an amature? Does it go by the previous years ratings?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question about points for 2018 worlds gcanter2376 General Disc Golf Chat 41 03-28-2017 07:25 PM
Big Points Requirement Jump for Am Worlds 2017 kmelton Tournaments & Leagues 60 07-20-2016 09:32 PM
points for next years am worlds myoung General Disc Golf Chat 7 07-29-2013 01:28 PM
How many points for worlds invite MrRaider Tournaments & Leagues 1 06-26-2013 03:45 AM
Scoring questions. Points for worlds. prerube General Disc Golf Chat 4 02-24-2013 06:39 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.