Old 03-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discinvan View Post
This hole always messes with my head I feel like I going to drive and roll down the hill onto my face.

I usually throw a big anny with my beat up Beast on the hole RHBH, but too much anny and I'm in the road. It is high enough that at the end of the flight the disc will stall and come back left just in time.
If it didn't have that creek at the bottom, I would try a roller...

Anny RHBH Beast.... I can give that a try.

Thanks!
D
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.7
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sir View Post
I perfer the XS for straight drives. I also make my discs work for me, if there is room. I got a beat Rpro Boss that i hyzerflip and can make it shoot fairly striaght if i hyzer it enough, same with my FLX Surge SS. Work the disc.
Another vote for the XS. Deadly straight disc, now if we could only get Discraft to make one in ESP! I've had 6 in Elite X and 2 in Elite Z.

Threw it on This Hole yesterday, and almost aced it straight through the tree gap. I am DONE with a hyzer approach to this hole! I can only get through the trees on the right about 2 of 5 throws.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:16 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 32
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

My Innova votes go to the Star SL or the Teebird. I just started experimenting with Discraft so I will have to get back to you on that one...
Old 03-05-2010, 06:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 28
Niced 47 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sir View Post
I perfer the XS for straight drives. I also make my discs work for me, if there is room. I got a beat Rpro Boss that i hyzerflip and can make it shoot fairly striaght if i hyzer it enough, same with my FLX Surge SS. Work the disc.
I agree with the XS. I have a lightly seasoned one that has become my go-to disc for straight shots that require some distance. It replaced my Teebird for most straight shots because it has less fade. A slight hyzer-flip will send that disc perfectly straight for what is probably the "least-amount-of-fade-to-most-amount-of-distance" ratio of any driver out there.

If you had to pick a distance driver, the Surge SS is not a bad choice, but it (and of course the Boss) tend to have fairly substantial skips when thrown low, which could negate the straight flight of the disc.

You say work the disc, but there are definitely some discs that are more workable than others and the XS happens to be the most workable driver I've ever thrown. It also holds some serious anhyzer lines and seems to glide forever when you really rip into it. It's slower than most of the drivers people are using nowadays, but the distance potential in this disc is really high due to its glide.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

gateway assassin or the lat64 opto sparkle vision
Old 03-06-2010, 12:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 87
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

MIght have to give the XS a throw. My TL goes pretty striaght for me.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:15 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 87
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I also had a Polaris, LS I believe that was also pretty striaght, but I lost it.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:21 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.7
Courses Played: 23
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

The XS is great on control-for-distance ratio for me. It is not my absolute longest disc, but I have managed throws out to 350' with it. Many forget that it was the world record holder in 2001 at 712 feet.

I want it in ESP!!!! They made the XL in ESP, why not the XS?
Old 03-06-2010, 12:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 28
Niced 47 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolito View Post
MIght have to give the XS a throw. My TL goes pretty striaght for me.
It's pretty similar to a TL, although I'd say it's slightly more stable than the TL. It's pretty impossible for me to use the TL for any type of hyzer finish, but the XS doesn't flip quite as hard as the TL so if you give it a little extra hyzer on the release, it will end with a healthy (but slow) fade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcDiscGolf View Post
The XS is great on control-for-distance ratio for me. It is not my absolute longest disc, but I have managed throws out to 350' with it. Many forget that it was the world record holder in 2001 at 712 feet.

I want it in ESP!!!! They made the XL in ESP, why not the XS?
The more I throw this disc, the more I'm amazed at how far it will actually go. It's even outflying my Teebirds. It's not going as far as max-d drivers, but pretty damn close. Also, it's the best driver I've found that allows you to reduce your power without sacrificing control. I can throw it just as accurately at 300' as I can at 350' and have even got it out to 380' on the exact line I was going for. It is the all-around best driver in my bag, a title that previously belonged to the Teebird.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:49 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I do own a TeeBird, and while I do like it, and it does fly straight, I can't get it to perform the same way forehand as it does back hand. My average throws are around 250 to 275, and the TB is one of the few discs I've gotten out to 300'.

When I throw it forehand with hyzer, it will roll over to the left and turn into a roller. One of the reasons, I like my beast, it works the mirrored when I throw it BH or FH.