Old 11-09-2017, 08:47 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 15
Niced 59 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent B View Post
I don't really care for driving my wizards but I do sometimes when a mid is too much. Upshots though. If I stick with daggers I will probably adopt a new putter for driving besides my harp(mostly FH). Something I can turn over. I've been eyeballing the pure. I'd like to stick with max weight putters.
Really consider checking out a Voodoo. Gateway designed it specifically to be a less stable Wizard.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2017, 09:31 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,069 Times in 1,543 Posts

Quote:
I don't really care for driving my wizards but I do sometimes when a mid is too much. Upshots though. If I stick with daggers I will probably adopt a new putter for driving besides my harp(mostly FH). Something I can turn over. I've been eyeballing the pure. I'd like to stick with max weight putters.
If you want a turnover disc, go ahead and try a Deputy (and give it a shot as a putter, as well).

Niced: (1)
Old 11-09-2017, 09:34 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 99 Times in 61 Posts

I really recommend tossing your wizards into a few trees, and trying them out again. I find them to be about as neutral as putters get, when throwing. And when pretty beat, will putt extremely straight at 30 ft. But if they aren't working for you, can't really argue with that.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,615 Times in 1,563 Posts

If you have clean enough form, Daggers should be good for throwing. No need to add unnecessary discs to your bag when you can pull of most shots with a Dagger and Harp.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:06 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 53
Niced 15 Times in 12 Posts

I used wizards for about a year, and went through some putter juggling for partially similar reasons. I can tell you from 40 ft in, stability is almost exclusively in your form. You aren’t going to notice a big difference in the flight path because the putter is already moving slow enough that it is going to fade out around the same spot. I’ve compared a harp vs a pure to make sure that’s the case. Inside 30 feet they fly extremely similarly. 30-50 there is a little difference, after 50 feet it starts to get noticeable. And that is with two putters with a pretty massive difference in stability. The wizard and dagger are fairly similar in stability. Go with feel in the hand and how clean your release feels, and work from there. I ended up choosing the pure as my main putter, cause I like the low profile and can run longer (75+) stuff without it fading out early.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:29 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 2
Niced 405 Times in 298 Posts

Putting is more about form and what feels good in the hand than how stable a disc is. I putt with an OS putter (Champ Rhynos) for my push putts and I'm money inside 25' and have been known to sink 50' without changing much besides height and force. If you like Wizards, try the various plastics of the Big Bead Aviar (KC= Hard, Yeti= Medium, JK = Soft) or the Omega Big Bead if you want a similar hand feel but more neutral. Or you could smash some drives into a tree with your Wizards. I've putted with Wizards, Challengers, Rhynos, JK and KC Aviars, Ridges, P2s, even Harps and Zones (in premium plastics) The Rhyno is basically a BB Aviar (which is very very similar to a Wizard) but with a ThumbTrack which makes it more OS and less glidey. If you don't mind a different hand feel a Colt or Whale might be a good option as is a P1x, Focus, Judge, or Magnet. All of those have a bead which is what is on your Wizard.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:16 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 158
Niced 127 Times in 94 Posts

Stick with the Wizards. You've got experience with them, you'll come around. A 10 Meter Brick would look good coming out of Wysocki's hand.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 569 Times in 417 Posts

Quote:
Everyone has their own Schtoyle (south park Mark Zuckerberg for 'style')

I putt Daggers (and honestly I don't see that changing back to the Pa3)

But for throws, I have Slower throwing putters and faster ones

Choose what you like of course but I'll recommend the Proxy, Atom, and Envy as they are the better throwing putters I've come across.

Understable - Plasma Proxy , Worn Electron Atom
Stable (from mild turn to more mild fade) - Neutron Proxy , Proton Atom , Plasma Envy
Slightly OS - Neutron Envy

For real tho if you want a short range stable disc, PRoton Atom is so good I need to recommend it to everyone
Old 11-10-2017, 11:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 569 Times in 417 Posts

PS: My slower throwing putters are the Serpend and Iridium, they are like 2/2/0/0 and 2/2/0/2 they are really nice, especially in wind, they don't get tossed around. - faster throwers are the Pa4,Proxy,Atom,Envy,Harp group, I only carry 3-4 of them not all at the same time. And then putt strictly dagger, on long putts I use a electron atom and its $$$$$

peaceout

Old 11-10-2017, 01:17 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 12 Times in 11 Posts

I ordered 3 zero hard daggers. I'll report back when I've been able to spend a week or so with em.

Niced: (2)