Old 11-27-2017, 07:54 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,066 Times in 1,540 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
I had the same opinion when it first came out. It's strictly a FH disc for me. Once I figured it out it's become as important and reliable as my regular Buzzz.

In my bag: Buzzz is to Valkyrie where BuzzzOS is to Thunderbird. Just have to respect the overstability and learn how reliable it can be.
True. For a long time I never had very overstable discs like the Harp, Hornet, Banshee, and Firebird in my bag; they just didn't work for me. Then, as I got better and also more in understanding of how these discs were supposed to work, I began adding them to my bag and improving my scores as well as repertoire of shots.

When the player is ready for the disc, the disc is there and ready for the player.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 11-27-2017, 08:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,493 Times in 625 Posts

I know I am going to get some hate for this but I got rid of my Buzz OS's a while ago because I've found that:

BuzzzOS = Zone

So there was no need to keep both molds in the bag. Found that both fly roughly the same distance and the Zone putts a little better for me so Zone it is...
Old 11-27-2017, 08:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,185 Times in 530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
I know I am going to get some hate for this but I got rid of my Buzz OS's a while ago because I've found that:

BuzzzOS = Zone

So there was no need to keep both molds in the bag. Found that both fly roughly the same distance and the Zone putts a little better for me so Zone it is...
Not 100% equal, but close enough that I saw no reason to bag both. Same for me...Zone stayed.

Old 11-27-2017, 08:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 86
Niced 1,493 Times in 625 Posts

I mean...This kinda says it all.

15' difference in distance and 5% difference in LSF...Guys like me aren't going to notice a difference
Old 11-27-2017, 08:57 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 17
Niced 269 Times in 160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder View Post
Not 100% equal, but close enough that I saw no reason to bag both. Same for me...Zone stayed.
Yea, I decided that the Gator was staying between that and the Buzzz OS (mostly because I couldn't find Zones I liked easily anymore).

Even though, that's really more Wasp-like.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:11 PM
Big Country

Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 52
Niced 198 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post

BuzzzOS = Zone

I dont think any hate is deserved for your choice, and I certainly see your point. My unpopular feeling: I did not like the feel of the Zone, but I love the feel of the Buzzz OS. I tried several plastics of the Zone after hearing so much about the flight on here, but I never took to it. But when I first got a Buzzz OS, I was hooked.

Maybe its because Ive had mine bagged for awhile (but I also dont use it all that much round to round) but I think the Buzzz OS is just a little less overstable than the Zone. I think that just might be what gives it a small amount of extra distance over the Zone rather than rim width or anything, but I have no scientific evidence to back that up.

I will also say I dont think there would be any conceivable reason to bag both. Definitley an either/or situation.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 32
Niced 488 Times in 302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
I will also say I dont think there would be any conceivable reason to bag both. Definitley an either/or situation.
Throwing BH, I can see your point. The difference is seen when throwing them FH. At least for me I'm able to get more distance with much less effort with the BuzzzOS. I use the Zone for a lot of longer approach shots and the BuzzzOS off the tee.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:34 PM
Big Country

Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 52
Niced 198 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
Throwing BH, I can see your point. The difference is seen when throwing them FH. At least for me I'm able to get more distance with much less effort with the BuzzzOS. I use the Zone for a lot of longer approach shots and the BuzzzOS off the tee.
This also makes sense. I use the Scale for most forehand upshots, and the Buzzz OS off the tee...but there is a substantial difference in distance when I am throwing a controlled forehand shot with said discs.

I have also, albiet very rarely, used the Buzzz OS for short overhands. It pans out great on a high tommy.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:45 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Niced 40 Times in 28 Posts

Do all first run Z Buzzz OS's have a puddle top?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Old 03-31-2018, 11:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 32
Niced 488 Times in 302 Posts

Anyone get a hold of the new Ti Buzzz OS? I've got a heavy Z and want another since I use it so much. Are these stiff like I remember Ti being?