#771  
Old 11-27-2017, 07:54 PM
SD86's Avatar
SD86 SD86 is offline
Snowflake
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 8,968
Niced 2,066 Times in 1,540 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
I had the same opinion when it first came out. It's strictly a FH disc for me. Once I figured it out it's become as important and reliable as my regular Buzzz.

In my bag: Buzzz is to Valkyrie where BuzzzOS is to Thunderbird. Just have to respect the overstability and learn how reliable it can be.
True. For a long time I never had very overstable discs like the Harp, Hornet, Banshee, and Firebird in my bag; they just didn't work for me. Then, as I got better and also more in understanding of how these discs were supposed to work, I began adding them to my bag and improving my scores as well as repertoire of shots.

When the player is ready for the disc, the disc is there and ready for the player.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #772  
Old 11-27-2017, 08:21 PM
davetherocketguy's Avatar
davetherocketguy davetherocketguy is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southwest Michigan
Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,575
Niced 1,493 Times in 625 Posts
Default

I know I am going to get some hate for this but I got rid of my Buzz OS's a while ago because I've found that:

BuzzzOS = Zone

So there was no need to keep both molds in the bag. Found that both fly roughly the same distance and the Zone putts a little better for me so Zone it is...
Reply With Quote
  #773  
Old 11-27-2017, 08:34 PM
Broken Shoulder's Avatar
Broken Shoulder Broken Shoulder is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Minnesota
Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 3,611
Niced 1,185 Times in 530 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
I know I am going to get some hate for this but I got rid of my Buzz OS's a while ago because I've found that:

BuzzzOS = Zone

So there was no need to keep both molds in the bag. Found that both fly roughly the same distance and the Zone putts a little better for me so Zone it is...
Not 100% equal, but close enough that I saw no reason to bag both. Same for me...Zone stayed.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #774  
Old 11-27-2017, 08:35 PM
davetherocketguy's Avatar
davetherocketguy davetherocketguy is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southwest Michigan
Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,575
Niced 1,493 Times in 625 Posts
Default

I mean...This kinda says it all.

15' difference in distance and 5% difference in LSF...Guys like me aren't going to notice a difference
Reply With Quote
  #775  
Old 11-27-2017, 08:57 PM
dysmike's Avatar
dysmike dysmike is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Aridzona
Courses Played: 17
Posts: 939
Niced 269 Times in 160 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder View Post
Not 100% equal, but close enough that I saw no reason to bag both. Same for me...Zone stayed.
Yea, I decided that the Gator was staying between that and the Buzzz OS (mostly because I couldn't find Zones I liked easily anymore).

Even though, that's really more Wasp-like.
Reply With Quote
  #776  
Old 11-27-2017, 10:11 PM
AndyJB's Avatar
AndyJB AndyJB is offline
Big Country
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Disc Golf Mecca: Colorado
Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,973
Niced 198 Times in 113 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
I know I am going to get some hate for this but I got rid of my Buzz OS's a while ago because I've found that:

BuzzzOS = Zone

So there was no need to keep both molds in the bag. Found that both fly roughly the same distance and the Zone putts a little better for me so Zone it is...
I dont think any hate is deserved for your choice, and I certainly see your point. My unpopular feeling: I did not like the feel of the Zone, but I love the feel of the Buzzz OS. I tried several plastics of the Zone after hearing so much about the flight on here, but I never took to it. But when I first got a Buzzz OS, I was hooked.

Maybe its because Ive had mine bagged for awhile (but I also dont use it all that much round to round) but I think the Buzzz OS is just a little less overstable than the Zone. I think that just might be what gives it a small amount of extra distance over the Zone rather than rim width or anything, but I have no scientific evidence to back that up.

I will also say I dont think there would be any conceivable reason to bag both. Definitley an either/or situation.
Reply With Quote
  #777  
Old 11-27-2017, 10:23 PM
Stable's Avatar
Stable Stable is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NC
Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 32
Posts: 2,727
Niced 488 Times in 302 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
I will also say I dont think there would be any conceivable reason to bag both. Definitley an either/or situation.
Throwing BH, I can see your point. The difference is seen when throwing them FH. At least for me I'm able to get more distance with much less effort with the BuzzzOS. I use the Zone for a lot of longer approach shots and the BuzzzOS off the tee.
Reply With Quote
  #778  
Old 11-27-2017, 10:34 PM
AndyJB's Avatar
AndyJB AndyJB is offline
Big Country
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Disc Golf Mecca: Colorado
Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,973
Niced 198 Times in 113 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
Throwing BH, I can see your point. The difference is seen when throwing them FH. At least for me I'm able to get more distance with much less effort with the BuzzzOS. I use the Zone for a lot of longer approach shots and the BuzzzOS off the tee.
This also makes sense. I use the Scale for most forehand upshots, and the Buzzz OS off the tee...but there is a substantial difference in distance when I am throwing a controlled forehand shot with said discs.

I have also, albiet very rarely, used the Buzzz OS for short overhands. It pans out great on a high tommy.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #779  
Old 02-28-2018, 08:45 AM
Spike Hyzer's Avatar
Spike Hyzer Spike Hyzer is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Years Playing: 13.3
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 472
Niced 40 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Do all first run Z Buzzz OS's have a puddle top?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
 

  #780  
Old 03-31-2018, 11:41 AM
Stable's Avatar
Stable Stable is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NC
Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 32
Posts: 2,727
Niced 488 Times in 302 Posts
Default

Anyone get a hold of the new Ti Buzzz OS? I've got a heavy Z and want another since I use it so much. Are these stiff like I remember Ti being?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CE Teebird, FR Destroyer, FR Buzzz, 2nd FR Buzzz, Midnight Buzzz Apoth The Marketplace 9 07-23-2012 11:51 AM
Fr Buzzz, 2nd Fr Buzzz, Barstamp Buzzz - Set! jaw4 The Marketplace 6 03-20-2012 05:14 AM
3 New buzzz(08 flat z-buzzz, and 2 Supercolor buzzz) lot - $30 shipped Plankeye The Marketplace 3 02-18-2012 05:26 PM
ESP Flex Buzzz, Z Glow Buzzz, 2010 Eric McCabe Buzzz SS and others Eco81 The Marketplace 6 07-17-2011 06:04 AM
BuzZz SS, Elite X BuzZz & CryZtal BuzZz! WillACarpenter The Marketplace 9 01-05-2010 10:21 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.