Old 05-08-2019, 10:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 5
Niced 717 Times in 502 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBURGARLAR View Post
Im for sure coming over for the Saturday + Sunday for the Bender. Still trying to figure out a way to weasel off of work for the Friday the 24th. Would be ideal to come over to the island Thursday after work.

Any new changes to the pender bender this year? Or just tradition as always?
Well getting through the course on Saturday in time for doubles at 1? could be challenging especially if the traffic is as bad as I think it will be. Saturday is usually the most crowded.. I think that's the day the doubles at ball golf course is.. The sooner you get here the more stuff you can play. There's a few people that can't get out of work so they always get stuck playing Saturday / Sunday. Friday is also busy even with people playing Thursday because you have to play consecutive days. Busy days it has taken me 5-6 hrs to play a round.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2019, 03:08 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 212 Times in 140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Well getting through the course on Saturday in time for doubles at 1? could be challenging especially if the traffic is as bad as I think it will be. Saturday is usually the most crowded.. I think that's the day the doubles at ball golf course is.. The sooner you get here the more stuff you can play. There's a few people that can't get out of work so they always get stuck playing Saturday / Sunday. Friday is also busy even with people playing Thursday because you have to play consecutive days. Busy days it has taken me 5-6 hrs to play a round.
It’s a bit ambitious for sure.. really hoping I can get over sooner than later. it always seems like the bender weekend always flies by / never have enough time to do everything. Such a blast though.

If I’m not mistaken it looks like the ball golf course will be open to play all weekend? Even if we can’t make doubles?

I remember some of those busy backup days of the past. My score usually goes out the window because we are sitting around quenching our thirst on oat sodas a bit too quickly.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Unsure about the ball golf course..

OAT sodas.. Maybe haha.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:58 AM
* Ace Member *

I was wrong long weekend is the 20th the tourney is the weekend after.. 26th is doubles at my place
Old 05-09-2019, 12:45 PM
Birdie Member

Yeah American Memorial Day is always the weekend after our May long. I’ll be going down to Washington in Roche harbour for that weekend, they have a neat private course there!

Sunday doubles at yours. What time? Before the awards ceremony I would imagine?
Old 05-09-2019, 11:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBURGARLAR View Post
Yeah American Memorial Day is always the weekend after our May long. I’ll be going down to Washington in Roche harbour for that weekend, they have a neat private course there!

Sunday doubles at yours. What time? Before the awards ceremony I would imagine?
Hmmm I think our tournament is the memorial day long weekend.. I better Facebook something.. I was sure it was the 26th.. My place is 10:30 tee off, beer store opens at 10..

Niced: (1)
Old 05-10-2019, 01:33 AM
* Ace Member *

Yup I double checked.. It is the 23rd 24th 25th 26th I don't know if that's going to screw your plans...
Old 05-10-2019, 09:56 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Hmmm I think our tournament is the memorial day long weekend.. I better Facebook something.. I was sure it was the 26th.. My place is 10:30 tee off, beer store opens at 10..
Oh i worded that a bit funny, my bad. i'm going to the states on our may long weekend. Then the following weekend going to pender for the bender of course!

I talked to some of my buddies last night at marys farm, it sounds like some of them might be even be trying to get over to pender on Wednesday evening to get settled in.

Your tourney sounds like fun, makes me want to take Monday off of work aswell.. We are slammed at work right now, so i'm trying to figure out when i can get on that ferry.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Yeah man the legendary Margarita Doubles.. 10th year.. Got the food truck lined up.. Got a run of glow stash minis coming.. See if we can crack 100 players this time.. No smoking on the course and you can clear brush before your shot.

We are trying to work out a slushie machine or something to do Virgin margs.. BYOT(equila). The cops were looking for us so we stopped doing the booze.

Niced: (1)

Old 05-13-2019, 11:45 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Yeah man the legendary Margarita Doubles.. 10th year.. Got the food truck lined up.. Got a run of glow stash minis coming.. See if we can crack 100 players this time.. No smoking on the course and you can clear brush before your shot.

We are trying to work out a slushie machine or something to do Virgin margs.. BYOT(equila). The cops were looking for us so we stopped doing the booze.
Sounds pretty legendary man. Just show up and sign up? Entry fee for using your property?How do you wrangle and organize that many animals? Hah!