Old 10-28-2010, 06:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 28
Niced 47 Times in 29 Posts
Default Understable Compliment to the Buzzz

I have been carrying the Buzzz longer than any other mold in my bag and love it for most mid-range shots around 225-300'. My [newish] Elite Z Buzzz holds great hyzer and straight lines, but I sometimes have problems getting it to hold an anny line all the way through its flight. It seems like about half the time it will flex back and either land left of where I'm aiming or go too far due to the flex. I was wondering what y'alls suggestions would be for an understable disc to compliment the Buzzz for consistent, controllable anhyzers in this distance range.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Theres a buzz ss out there you could try. Meteor is popular for this shot too.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 28
Niced 47 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Roy View Post
Theres a buzz ss out there you could try.
Isn't that OOP?
Old 10-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.2
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I dont think it was ever really in "production". They made them for the US amatuers as a CFR, maybe some other tourneys as well. I think they still make them, its just that they are limited releases and fundraisers.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:04 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 261
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Comet!!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 07:04 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 26.4
Courses Played: 80
Niced 10 Times in 10 Posts

give the panther a shot. Great understable midrange
Old 10-28-2010, 07:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 68 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Roy View Post
Theres a buzz ss out there you could try. Meteor is popular for this shot too.
I've been a Buzzz man for a long, long time, and both those discs spent a considerable amount of time in my bag...Both always left me desiring something a bit more reliable...While each did the anhyzer job in a slightly better way than my Buzzz, neither were all that reliable. The great shots I'd get from time to time kept them in there, but I experienced failures at a high rate as well, and often I did not quite understand what happened when either one would go out where I aimed it and either bail quickly to the right or fade out to the left.

The FUSE is the absolute perfect answer to this question. I've been using a 177 (same as my Buzzz weight) GL Fuse all season now, and it is completely awesome. It has about zero overlap with the Buzzz and excels at turnovers and anhyzers. It is not nearly as touchy as either the BdoubleS or the Meteor. I never have shots that make me shake my head (unless it's windy) and it is flat and feels pretty much just like my Buzzz in the hand.

Try the Fuse.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 68 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven2361 View Post
Comet!!!!
The Comet is too fundamentally different in how you must throw it...If you throw it like a Buzzz at Buzzz heights and distances it won't work.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 87
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Meteor for sure. This is exactly what you want. I cary the Buzzz as well and use my Meteor for those turnover anny shots. RHBH it will have a nice right hand finish to it. Also used for hyzer flips as a driver.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 87
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I've been a Buzzz man for a long, long time, and both those discs spent a considerable amount of time in my bag...Both always left me desiring something a bit more reliable...While each did the anhyzer job in a slightly better way than my Buzzz, neither were all that reliable. The great shots I'd get from time to time kept them in there, but I experienced failures at a high rate as well, and often I did not quite understand what happened when either one would go out where I aimed it and either bail quickly to the right or fade out to the left.

The FUSE is the absolute perfect answer to this question. I've been using a 177 (same as my Buzzz weight) GL Fuse all season now, and it is completely awesome. It has about zero overlap with the Buzzz and excels at turnovers and anhyzers. It is not nearly as touchy as either the BdoubleS or the Meteor. I never have shots that make me shake my head (unless it's windy) and it is flat and feels pretty much just like my Buzzz in the hand.

Try the Fuse.
I might look into this as well some time. The Meteor can be a bit touchy. Just practice with it for a while and figure it out. The Meteor also has a bit more putter feel to it. I am not sure about the Fuse.