Old 06-29-2017, 08:11 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 171
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 645 Times in 298 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscologyGus View Post
Does anyone know about the 2014 run of destroyers? Do they have high PLH, low PLH? super beefy like these new 4x ones or more mellow?
I have 2 of those in the bag and still some more left for backups. They were mildly domey and had the starlight in the rim. Not quite sure about PLH on them but no Vulcan top and not stiff but not soft plastic. They start off as a decently OS Destroyer but beat in to absolute bombers. I lost my money one last year and I have been trying to break in the next one in line all year and it takes a while. Overall they are just a great run of destroyers.

THe embossed 4x that I have thrown start off at the same place as the 2014 run does but have a different feel to them. I dont bag a embossed run yet but I probably will once I lose something from my bag of feel its time to make a switch.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2017, 10:14 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 112 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscologyGus View Post
Do you happen to know the color and weight of your new ones?
175 blue
171 neon yellow
171 pink
172 red

Niced: (1)
Old 06-29-2017, 10:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 208
Niced 298 Times in 159 Posts

The current embossed/shiny run is not as stable as the 2012-2014 run out of the box, but is by no means flippy. Probably will beat into a boomer as well.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-29-2017, 01:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 2
Niced 377 Times in 281 Posts

I have a couple GStars that are identical in PLH and color and weight, unfortunately if I tries to replace them I think I would end up with flippy Destroyers which is not what I want. These are absolute money and I can get them out to 380'+ while having them fly to the numbers. Are most GStars flippy or am I worried about something silly for nothing? I find that GStar is easier for me to get all the power I can into a disc and as a result I dont think that I could get the same flight out of an embossed Star.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:42 PM

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 36
Niced 12 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by notroman View Post
Those earlier echo runs were absolute bombers. The one in your pictures looks pretty worn in so I expect it to go a long ways.
Man you were right that echo star just goes. It's still very over stable but with the good size done it stays up. My son has a bit more distance than me and it still had a nice overstable finish. Think we got a good one for $15.00 cause she's got alot left to give.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 44
Niced 665 Times in 388 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
I have a couple GStars that are identical in PLH and color and weight, unfortunately if I tries to replace them I think I would end up with flippy Destroyers which is not what I want. These are absolute money and I can get them out to 380'+ while having them fly to the numbers. Are most GStars flippy or am I worried about something silly for nothing? I find that GStar is easier for me to get all the power I can into a disc and as a result I dont think that I could get the same flight out of an embossed Star.
I haven't thrown any of the most recent run of GStar, but I've always found the GStars to fly right to the numbers out of the box as well (I've bought quite a few over the last 3 years that were the same). They were my goto for stable distance in the meathook pre-embossed McBeth era of Star Destroyers. Depending on the run of Pro, they beat in just a little slower than Pro, but faster than Star. Does anyone know if the new GStars are also getting the embossed treatment or if they're still just penned?
Old 06-29-2017, 01:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 208
Niced 298 Times in 159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechaniac View Post
Man you were right that echo star just goes. It's still very over stable but with the good size done it stays up. My son has a bit more distance than me and it still had a nice overstable finish. Think we got a good one for $15.00 cause she's got alot left to give.
In that case, great buy. The echo stars beat in quicker than regular star so it's hard to find a used one that isn't a roller. I still have about 10-12 of those old pop top echos left in my backup bin and I cycle them in every year or so. Star takes twice as long to get to turnover bomber status.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:36 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 16
Niced 36 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
I think you'll be happy with a couple new G-Star's, they have been pretty consistent since their release. Should fly similar to the one you have already. My G-Star's all have some seasoning so they are not as stable as they were out of the box, which is why I get more turn out of mine.

G-Star's were money for me, the only problem IMO was they suffered from the same fate as the Pro plastic, they beat up rather quickly. But once they are beat up they do indeed BOMB, at the expense of them getting a bit unpredictable.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.3
Courses Played: 4
Niced 202 Times in 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Smooth View Post
It seems with any sought after/popular disc, finding that unique run is complicated.

Feeling them up at the local brick and mortar can be helpful. The problem that I find when buying local is getting the same run color, weight kind of thing. If I order online, assuming the inventory is good I can order two of the same weight and run.

The reason I want two of the same is for cycling purposes and testing. So,if I like the disc, I put both in the bag and start the cycling process. If , I loose one I got a backup. I can use one for risky holes, tight or ob and not beat the other one up too bad.

At this point trying to find some destroyers that meet my specs is a shot in the dark. Currently, just purchasing what runs are available now. Which means what is being produced currently.

The last order was a pair of bottom stamps. Love that run but just too os to make the bag for that slot.

I have two ordered from the innova factory store. Will report on the fight characteristics of those when they come in this weekend.
Not to quote myself. But I think this is worthy of a comment or two. Otherwise carry on folks.

Old 07-01-2017, 10:22 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.3
Courses Played: 4
Niced 202 Times in 141 Posts

Two beauts came in the male from the innova f store. White. Nice domes. Star plastic that was not slick but a bit tacky.

Don't judge a book by its cover as I would shortly find out. After testing, much to my chagrin these beauts are way to overstable.

In fact, they were as stable if not more than the bottom stamps. I don't know what to do with these now. To sell or not sell.

My next step is to find some ecostars. Man they are a rarity now adays! If these don't work out as that stable destroyer slot.. I might just move on to the defender or something like that.

Tired of playing the destroyer game of find that right run/stability. I'm over a hundred dollars deep counting my philos which I love. But the plastic is just to soft for summer play.

I got the destroyer blues baby yah....