Old 07-14-2017, 11:06 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

Some background I have been on the search for my perfect stable mid for a long time.
When thrown flat and with power

I have tried the Truth which had a little too much HS turn for me.

Then the Emac Truth was a touch more stable than the Truth but still was not able to hold up to power.

Then I tried the Verdict which was close to perfect in that with power it flew straight as an arrow with good fade at the end the only caveat is that it had no glide and did not go as far as I was able to get other mids out there.

Then the Kaxe which was very much like the verdict maybe a touch longer.

Finally someone placed an MD3 in my hands and I gave it a good pull and it felt right, flew with a touch of turn and very little fade. I have auditioned the pline, the cline, and worlds wolverine glow which is pretty much the order of stability. P line hyzerflip to straight right out of the box, Cline thrown flat with power had some hs turn and a nice fade, the world wolverine glow is straight with the same amount of fade as the cline. The other factor for me is that the MD3’s are longer than any of the mids I listed above, the only other mid I have tried which comes close in distance is a Warship which is a different beast altogether.

I have had some time with the MD4 and find it to be near perfect for me so far thrown flat with full power there is no hs turn, and a more pronounced fade than any of my MD3’s. It also keeps the glide of the MD3 and the distance.
If you are looking for Discmania’s new gator move on this is not it. If you are looking for a mid which can handle power, has a good forward fade, and goes the distance I would recommend this to you.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 07-14-2017, 11:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 553 Times in 405 Posts

So is the MD4 like 5/5/0/3 ? If so that's nice
Old 07-14-2017, 12:01 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

Discmania has the MD3 at 5/5/0/2
for me at altitude and full power (I max out at 400-425 on good drives)
pline MD3 5/5/-1/2
cline MD3 5/5/-.5/2
glow MD3 5/5/0/2
cline MD4 5/5/0/3

I love the MD4 I can crank on it and it will shoot out like a lazer and fade predictably.
Old 07-15-2017, 09:51 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 16
Niced 36 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojorisin35 View Post
Some background I have been on the search for my perfect stable mid for a long time.
When thrown flat and with power

I have tried the Truth which had a little too much HS turn for me.

Then the Emac Truth was a touch more stable than the Truth but still was not able to hold up to power.

Then I tried the Verdict which was close to perfect in that with power it flew straight as an arrow with good fade at the end the only caveat is that it had no glide and did not go as far as I was able to get other mids out there.

Then the Kaxe which was very much like the verdict maybe a touch longer.

Finally someone placed an MD3 in my hands and I gave it a good pull and it felt right, flew with a touch of turn and very little fade. I have auditioned the pline, the cline, and worlds wolverine glow which is pretty much the order of stability. P line hyzerflip to straight right out of the box, Cline thrown flat with power had some hs turn and a nice fade, the world wolverine glow is straight with the same amount of fade as the cline. The other factor for me is that the MD3’s are longer than any of the mids I listed above, the only other mid I have tried which comes close in distance is a Warship which is a different beast altogether.

I have had some time with the MD4 and find it to be near perfect for me so far thrown flat with full power there is no hs turn, and a more pronounced fade than any of my MD3’s. It also keeps the glide of the MD3 and the distance.
If you are looking for Discmania’s new gator move on this is not it. If you are looking for a mid which can handle power, has a good forward fade, and goes the distance I would recommend this to you.
Well said

Niced: (1)
Old 07-23-2017, 02:13 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 16
Niced 36 Times in 25 Posts

In the European Open videos from the last couple days, you'll see Simon throw the MD4 a lot. It'd red with a white stamp. He must really like it, as it looks like it's become one of his go-to mid ranges. He threw it more than any of his MD3's for sure.

Not surprised given how hard he throws. Makes sense that he's prefer the more stable MD4 over the MD3, even though it's not a ton more stable.

Oh yeah, and he bombs it almost 450ft on hole 17 lol (slight downhill, but still).
Old 07-23-2017, 06:48 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,986 Times in 1,487 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strauss View Post
In the European Open videos from the last couple days, you'll see Simon throw the MD4 a lot. It'd red with a white stamp. He must really like it, as it looks like it's become one of his go-to mid ranges. He threw it more than any of his MD3's for sure.

Not surprised given how hard he throws. Makes sense that he's prefer the more stable MD4 over the MD3, even though it's not a ton more stable.

Oh yeah, and he bombs it almost 450ft on hole 17 lol (slight downhill, but still).
^^^ true. I saw him throwing that MD4 also. Looked like he was having early accuracy problems with it, but then started dialing it in...
Old 08-29-2017, 02:43 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 77
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 94 Times in 58 Posts

I see that there is a September 1st release date. Finally going to try these now that they are going to be stock
Old 09-02-2017, 03:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 352 Times in 221 Posts

Production runs for discmania are still like finding first run destroyers.

This has the same numbers as the gila. Anyone thrown both?
Old 09-05-2017, 10:20 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 77
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 94 Times in 58 Posts

Just got these in today from Infinite. Took one (blue production run 180g) with me to league today. Definetly more overstable than my most OS MD3 but less stable and then my Mortar. Disc has good distance and handles a forehand really well. This is staying in my bag for now. We had a consistent (10-12 mph) wind tonight and it handled it really well.

Old 09-05-2017, 11:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.9
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 195 Times in 103 Posts

All the production run stuff I'm seeing online really stresses the flat aspect of these. The fundraisers I had were flat, are the stock ones beefier than the fundraisers? With all the stress on flatness I didn't know if these went through the Innova flat top process or if they mold up inherently flat?